2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Yes, mental is PART of the equation. Traits with intelligence. And someone who can throw with anticipation. Bo Nix cannot do that. That is NOT something you develop. Throwing with anticipation is like speed or arm power, you either have it or you don’t. Bo Nix doesn’t have it. Carr doesn’t have it. 

I mean there's nothing that show that JJ McCarthy throws the ball with anticipation any better than bo nix. Do they have similar arm strength and mobility. I don't even like Ponak's I'm just acknowledging the reality that if you want to go with the traits argument there are other guys that should go in the first round by those standards(that again might lose to Aiden O'Connell and also get drafted later than the first round). which is why you can just overlook what someone is capable of doing right now

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I mean there's nothing that show that JJ McCarthy throws the ball with anticipation any better than bo nix.

You literally have no clue what you’re watching or talking about. 

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You literally have no clue what you’re watching or talking about. 

That's a generalized hyperbolic statement used to mask the faulty nature of your argument. You've said nothing thats disproven anything i've said.

Edited by Jeremy408

I swear--I've been in this forum 16 years and every single year people say there's 3-5 franchise QBs in the draft. Nobody accounts for the 50%+ bust rate ever. Each person likes their guy(s) and half are wrong. It's not that easy and it's a major gamble to trade up. Ask Carolina, ask San Fran, ask the Jets, ask Washington. You're not guaranteed anything. We aren't just going to trade up for the 4th QB after 3 go in the first 3 picks just to hope it works out, he needs to be worth it and we better be damn sure this time. 

Side note: People gonna cool on Penix now too, looking forward to that 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I swear--I've been in this forum 16 years and every single year people say there's 3-5 franchise QBs in the draft. Nobody accounts for the 50%+ bust rate ever. Each person likes their guy(s) and half are wrong. It's not that easy and it's a major gamble to trade up. Ask Carolina, ask San Fran, ask the Jets, ask Washington. You're not guaranteed anything. We aren't just going to trade up for the 4th QB after 3 go in the first 3 picks just to hope it works out, he needs to be worth it and we better be damn sure this time. 

Side note: People gonna cool on Penix now too, looking forward to that 

Right. Where do you think the Zach Wilson's of the world come from?

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Penix has looked so uncharacteristically

bad tonight. 

When people were complaining about his age I never had a problem with that. My problem was always he never really played anybody until tonight

Bo Nix is somewhat similar to Carr with his size, release, and arm strength. He's also a bit robotic and fidgety with his movements in the pocket. Where Nix separates himself from Carr is his athleticism. Nix is a bona fide run threat and maestro in the redzone.

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Doesn’t matter how projects look. You’re drafting the traits. Did you think Allen and Love sucked too?

Allen is 6’5 with a rocket for an arm. He also plays like Cam Newton. I don’t see that with JJ. He’s not going to be running through guys his rookie season. And Love sat behind one of the greatest QBs of all time. Whoever the Raiders draft will start in their first season unless the starter blows the doors off. 

And for every Love/ Allen there’s a Paxton Lynch/ Trey Lance. I don’t mind spending a first on a guy with major upside but those guys more often than not need to sit. Even then they still are all they’re cracked up to be. 

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Allen is 6’5 with a rocket for an arm. He also plays like Cam Newton. I don’t see that with JJ. He’s not going to be running through guys his rookie season. And Love sat behind one of the greatest QBs of all time. Whoever the Raiders draft will start in their first season unless the starter blows the doors off. 

And for every Love/ Allen there’s a Paxton Lynch/ Trey Lance. I don’t mind spending a first on a guy with major upside but those guys more often than not need to sit. Even then they still are all they’re cracked up to be. 

they also both actually threw the ball in college. The better comp for JJ would be more of a Trey Lance because he was solely based on traits there's the key difference. Now saying all of this, I actually like JJ I'm just saying that we have to call a spade a spade he threw 18 passes and completed 10. 

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not even 100% convinced that McCarthy is declaring, I think he will 100% go back to school if Harbaugh stays.

Only reason for him to leave imo is if Harbaugh leaves and he wants to cash in on his stock being at its peak. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

It's easy to have a guy sit behind an all time great, back to back MVP though. Most teams don't have that luxury.

Palmer sat behind Kitna lol it’s more pressure from the fan base/ownership trying to see their shiny new toy in action.