2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

JJ needs to sit a minimum of 2 years. 

Because he wasn't slinging it around 40 times a game?

I think people are going to be surprised by how good a passer JJ is when he's in a system that turns him loose.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Combine is where Penix and McCarthy are going to have their stocks raise. They'll go top 15 easily

Yep all 5 are going Top 15. There are a few posters on here who can't even fathom JJ going Top 15. These are Anti-Project QB Posters that will never-ever be able to wrap their head around a Project QB going in the 1st. They probably hated Allen and Love in the 1st as well.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Because he wasn't slinging it around 40 times a game?

I think people are going to be surprised by how good a passer JJ is when he's in a system that turns him loose.

I think it's gonna be a rough first year for him tbh. But he's become my second favorite QB in the draft. Caleb seems to me like he'll be inconsistent in the NFL. I don't think he goes through progressions well, and I'm not a fan of his height. To me he's Premium Kyler Murray and is a Back-End Top 10 QB at best....

Maye and McCarthy have bonafide Superstar Potential. 

• Like 3

He reminds me of more athletic but even more raw Zach Wilson. drafting QBs for traits and hopes of what they can become can lead to a massive bust. He didn't show he was an elite QB in college. He could get into in the NFL game and lose all his confidence or get exposed at the highest level. 

• Like 1

NFL coach didn’t even trust him to “cut it lose” 

Jordan Love and Josh Allen in college were the reason why their teams won. JJ in college was a game manager with an NFL head coach. They’re not the same. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Jordan Love and Josh Allen in college were the reason why their teams won. JJ in college was a game manager with an NFL head coach. They’re not the same. 

How about CJ Stroud?

I mean he looks better among the pros right?

They didn't asked this from him or they didn't let him do this at college...Could be similar with JJ?! Just in theory...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

He reminds me of more athletic but even more raw Zach Wilson. drafting QBs for traits and hopes of what they can become can lead to a massive bust. He didn't show he was an elite QB in college. He could get into in the NFL game and lose all his confidence or get exposed at the highest level. 

Or it could lead to a Mahomes, Allen, Love with patience and the right staff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

That is such a weak argument, because it's not even valid. 

He didn't need to "cut it loose" because Michigan recruited the best Oline in college football, had 2 great RBs and Harbaugh plays a run first scheme going back to the pros. 

Love and Allen played at Utah St. and Wyoming. They were their entire program. Everything had to go through them to compete. Comparing those situations to Michigan is completely misguided.

Now, as prospects.... you are comparing 3 guys, raw with high ceilings. Learn from the other 2. Draft and develop. Let JJ sit and learn while he's 20 and cash in in year 2 and 3. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rolni said:

How about CJ Stroud?

I mean he looks better among the pros right?

They didn't asked this from him or they didn't let him do this at college...Could be similar with JJ?! Just in theory...

Stroud was cutting up Georgia on the national stage. Go watch the game 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Or it could lead to a Mahomes, Allen, Love with patience and the right staff.

all these dudes flashed in college. JJ was a game manager. IDK, asking a gamer manager to a franchise QB is iffy to me. I wouldn't be mad in the 2nd, but I wouldn't want a first rounder on him. 

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I feel like you, and a lot of people, are being revisionist with Wilson. Wilson put up great numbers in his final season at BYU and looked awesome. McCarthy has shown much less than Wilson, who I would argue looks less athletic and has less arm strength than Wilson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel like you, and a lot of people, are being revisionist with Wilson. Wilson put up great numbers in his final season at BYU and looked awesome. McCarthy has shown much less than Wilson, who I would argue looks less athletic and has less arm strength than Wilson.

Yah, I think Wilson was a better prospect and was actually a baller in college. Wilson attitude, mental make up screwed him. JJ is just more athletic but less polished all around and didn't show as much as Wilson 

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yah, I think Wilson was a better prospect and was actually a baller in college. Wilson attitude, mental make up screwed him. JJ is just more athletic but less polished all around and didn't show as much as Wilson 

I have to go back and watch Wilson. Maybe he's not as good as I remember, but I recall him looking like Aaron Rodgers. There's a lot of stuff that we cannot know because playing QBs requires a lot of soft skills, but it seems like the only thing that translated for Wilson was running.