2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

40 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm still not feeling JJ at all. However like most of our picks, I will eventually talk myself into liking it and praying for the best.

Just too many question marks for me at pick #13 at this time.

Which project QB’s did you like in the 1st? Did you like Richardson last year?

21 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

ARICH is the best athlete, most mobile QB in the league, elite size. His running ability made up for him being raw as a passer. Same can't be said for JJ. He needs to be able to make plays with his arm. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

ARICH is the best athlete, most mobile QB in the league, elite size. His running ability made up for him being raw as a passer. Same can't be said for JJ. He needs to be able to make plays with his arm. 

JJ is plenty mobile, just needs to bulk up a little. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

JJ is plenty mobile, just needs to bulk up a little. 

McCarthy does not come close to Richardson's athleticism or arm strength. I would also argue that Richardson looked more natural from the pocket.

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel like you, and a lot of people, are being revisionist with Wilson. Wilson put up great numbers in his final season at BYU and looked awesome. McCarthy has shown much less than Wilson, who I would argue looks less athletic and has less arm strength than Wilson.

To that end, Wilson has shown games where you think if he could build on them, he could be something. He played very well against the Raiders for example. 

The problem with Wilson is he went to a bad QB organization. He needed some time to develop. They instead thrust him into action week 1 and the rest is history.

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I loved Richardson. I was one of the biggest fans around here and would have loved a trade up to acquire him. 

He however had generational athleticism. Truly the biggest athletic freak to ever come out of college (That is not hyperbole, he showed that on the field and had the GOAT combine performance). Not to mention instantly had a top 3-5 arm day one. Of course he had things that knocked him down which definitely made him a "project" (Although he looked unbelievable prior to getting hurt). 

With JJ, I don't see anything elite about his game. He seemingly had nice athleticism, a good arm, etc. etc, but if the argument for JJ is because I liked Richardson, they are in completely different solar systems as far as prospects/potential go.

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

To that end, Wilson has shown games where you think if he could build on them, he could be something. He played very well against the Raiders for example. 

The problem with Wilson is he went to a bad QB organization. He needed some time to develop. They instead thrust him into action week 1 and the rest is history.

I think someone will take a chance on Wilson eventually and he could look nice in the right situation. He definitely needed to sit as you noted. Poor guy was doomed the moment the Jets picked him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think someone will take a chance on Wilson eventually and he could look nice in the right situation. He definitely needed to sit as you noted. Poor guy was doomed the moment the Jets picked him.

Wilson needed a year and now it’s all mental. He might bounce back on a talented team with a good coach/OLine. 

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I loved Richardson. I was one of the biggest fans around here and would have loved a trade up to acquire him. 

He however had generational athleticism. Truly the biggest athletic freak to ever come out of college (That is not hyperbole, he showed that on the field and had the GOAT combine performance). Not to mention instantly had a top 3-5 arm day one. Of course he had things that knocked him down which definitely made him a "project" (Although he looked unbelievable prior to getting hurt). 

With JJ, I don't see anything elite about his game. He seemingly had nice athleticism, a good arm, etc. etc, but if the argument for JJ is because I liked Richardson, they are in completely different solar systems as far as prospects/potential go.

wish we would have traded up for Richardson or Stroud. 7 wasn't that big of a jump. Probably would have made the playoffs 

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Richardson would have been so much fun to watch with the Raiders. I don’t think he’s going to succeed in the NFL but he’s definitely a fun player to watch.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Zach Wilson is absolutely trash and doesn't have what it takes to lead an NFL locker room.

57% comp / 23 TD / 25 INT over a three year period, you're not fixing that.

Bust. The fact that he’s still taking snaps in regular season games blows my mind. He needs to hold a clip board until his contract expires and just call it a career.

• Like 2