2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

22 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel like you, and a lot of people, are being revisionist with Wilson. Wilson put up great numbers in his final season at BYU and looked awesome. McCarthy has shown much less than Wilson, who I would argue looks less athletic and has less arm strength than Wilson.

I said it back then though, Wilson was way overhyped and a bust waiting to happen. 

His final year was BYU playing a SunBelt heavy schedule with tons of people around the country opting out. BYU as a program blows them out of the water by default. The one tough game against Coastal Carolina, he was lackluster. Prior years, he was just bad. 

Easiest QB eval I ever did. Dude was the product of Lawrence fatigue and other prospects sitting out. He was Dan LeFevour at a school with broader reach. 

• Like 2

draft needs:

Big Needs: QB, DT, G(2), NT

Secondary needs: RB2(if Jacob leaves), TE2(if hooper leaves), LB, CB(if Amik leaves)

It's a great tackle class, but I don't view it as a need. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

draft needs:

Big Needs: QB, DT, G(2), NT

Secondary needs: RB2(if Jacob leaves), TE2(if hooper leaves), LB, CB(if Amik leaves)

It's a great tackle class, but I don't view it as a need. 

Tackle should at least be a secondary if Eluemenor is not re-signed, and I would consider corner a need even if Amik re-signs. The corner group has decent depth with Amik, but I do not think any are definite starters besides Jones.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Tackle should at least be a secondary if Eluemenor is not re-signed, and I would consider corner a need even if Amik re-signs. The corner group has decent depth with Amik, but I do not think any are definite starters besides Jones.

Munford is good. 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Munford is good. 

He might be, but I haven't seen enough to pass up on potentially a top level right tackle. He has proven he is a quality backup. Either way, having 3 good tackles is good--we saw that this season when Miller went down.

On 1/16/2024 at 11:46 AM, ronjon1990 said:

said it back then though, Wilson was way overhyped and a bust waiting to happen. 

His final year was BYU playing a SunBelt heavy schedule with tons of people around the country opting out. BYU as a program blows them out of the water by default. The one tough game against Coastal Carolina, he was lackluster. Prior years, he was just bad. 

Easiest QB eval I ever did. Dude was the product of Lawrence fatigue and other prospects sitting out. He was Dan LeFevour at a school with broader reach. 

The Wilson comp doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

Random thought. I loved the trade up for Mayer and think he is going to be a very solid TE. However we seemingly may be in a great position to draft Bowers at #13, who I think will be maybe the best TE in football in a few years time. Now I would never draft a TE high in back to back years, it's just funny how things work out sometimes. I think BB is a true blue chipper. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I haven't seen much with DT but the corner class seems good. DT looks strong in free agency.

I want to love the DTs, but I just don’t see it this year.

CBs are fantastic though . 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Random thought. I loved the trade up for Mayer and think he is going to be a very solid TE. However we seemingly may be in a great position to draft Bowers at #13, who I think will be maybe the best TE in football in a few years time. Now I would never draft a TE high in back to back years, it's just funny how things work out sometimes. I think BB is a true blue chipper. 

Brock is an absolute stud and hard not to mock him to the Chargers right now. Perfect fit for their struggling offense where they are selecting. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm probably one of the few wierdos in the world that would draft Bowers at 13 if we had the chance.  two TE sets ftw.