2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sanders probably stays, Rattler is a Day 3 flier at this point, and Milton is just not good. 

But, Van Dyke, Riley Leonard, Cam Ward, DJU, Michael Pratt, Jayden or Jalon Daniel's (the other Daniels, just not JT), KJ Jefferson, Jordan Travis can all be added to the ever-growing list. 

All 1st rounders today? Certainly not. But who knows where guys fall at the end of year. That's 15 (17 including Milton and Rattler) QBs that range from clear 1st rounders to a genuine "We just have no idea how they're gonna be valued" at this point. 

Take a guy like DJU or Jefferson for example. If Anthony Richardson could work into round 1, there's no reason they absolutely couldn't. It's probably unlikely, just given the volume of QBs likely to be available, but it speaks to the type of QB you might just grab in round 2 or 3. 

Even if we want Williams or Maye, unless we absolutely love someone who gets a 1st round grade, there's no huge need to reach for one in a panic. One of those rare years where someone would be a 1st rounder by a comfortable margin any other year. It's not like QB is the only position being graded by people, and only 32 can ultimately get a round 1 grade that is ultimately achieved. With the list of QBs being what it looks to be, I honestly think draft boards are going to be the Wild West this year. 

Not that we'll be aware of it, but I hope whoever makes our pick doesn't make a panic pick over a star at another position (ie: Take Penix Jr, who I like btw, just because they feel the pressure to take a QB with the 1st pick and not because that's really the guy they like most while Marvin Harrison Jr or someone is sitting right there. If they really love, say, Tyler Van Dyke and think they can grab him in round 2 because the board just falls that way, I say go for it.) 

I'd be willing to bet there's at least 4 QBs most teams will have a 1st round grade on that slips a bit solely based on the numbers and needs of the various teams and not because they wound up truly not being worth the 1st round grade. 

I forgot about the Daniels. What are your thoughts on Jordan Travis ??

7 hours ago, riceman80 said:

One thing I do notice is that the DT class doesn't have any monster game changers in it but the depth of talent in the late day 1 to day 2 range looks excellent imo.

Johnny Newton is a top 15 pick. He's a relentless player. Love watching him. Crosby like energy and determination on the inside. 

Check list:

• Raider first in 2024 - QB rest of the draft OL and Defense 
  • Fire GM and hire a new GM (ideally from a team that knows how to draft and not close connection to Head Coach/ rather a working relationship
  • Fire McDaniels hire Frank Smith
  • Cap Space 60
  • Releases: Chandler Jones, Hunter Renfrow, Jimmy G, Brandon Fraycson, Tillery ----- that would create another 58m in cap space  

try to develop the youth. Have a new coach, new QB, over 100m in cap space. New GM spends money on OL and defense. Going into free agency in draft  

QB: AOC, Hoyer (B)

RB: Jacobs? , White (B), Brown/Sincere (B)

WR: Tae, Meyers, Tucker (B)

TE: Mayer 

T: Mller, JE, Munford (B) , Dalton Wagner (B)

G: Parham ( should have kept McClendon)

Center: James

DE: Maxx, Wilson, Koonce (B)

DT: Young (B), Nesta (B)

LB: Deablo, Spillane, Masterson (B), Walker (B), Burney (B)

CB: Bennett, Hobbs, Long (B)

S: Epps, Moehrig (B), Smith (B), Mao (B)

B= Backup 

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Check list:

• Raider first in 2024 - QB rest of the draft OL and Defense 
  • Fire GM and hire a new GM (ideally from a team that knows how to draft and not close connection to Head Coach/ rather a working relationship
  • Fire McDaniels hire Frank Smith
  • Cap Space 60
  • Releases: Chandler Jones, Hunter Renfrow, Jimmy G, Brandon Fraycson, Tillery ----- that would create another 58m in cap space  

try to develop the youth. Have a new coach, new QB, over 100m in cap space. New GM spends money on OL and defense. Going into free agency in draft  

QB: AOC, Hoyer (B)

RB: Jacobs? , White (B), Brown/Sincere (B)

WR: Tae, Meyers, Tucker (B)

TE: Mayer 

T: Mller, JE, Munford (B) , Dalton Wagner (B)

G: Parham ( should have kept McClendon)

Center: James

DE: Maxx, Wilson, Koonce (B)

DT: Young (B), Nesta (B)

LB: Deablo, Spillane, Masterson (B), Walker (B), Burney (B)

CB: Bennett, Hobbs, Long (B)

S: Epps, Moehrig (B), Smith (B), Mao (B)

B= Backup 

High level GM work here. 

6 hours ago, Totty said:

That dart from Caleb just now was off schedule, off balance, and absolutely awesome.  Maybe he is better than Drake.  🤔

Still need to see USC play a good D for me. Colorado isn't that. 

Can't wait for SC to play their rougher patch- not just for Williams, but I've eyeballed a few SC players. 

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Still need to see USC play a good D for me. Colorado isn't that. 

Can't wait for SC to play their rougher patch- not just for Williams, but I've eyeballed a few SC players. 

Same. Plays like the one below, everyone gets excited about and I just laugh. He won't have that amount of time in the pros. And his WRs won't be standing that wide open. 

He has faced little pressure thus far in their schedule.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Same. Plays like the one below, everyone gets excited about and I just laugh. He won't have that amount of time in the pros. And his WRs won't be standing that wide open. 

He has faced little pressure thus far in their schedule.

Did you miss last season buddy? 

Sadly your two papa's are probably the only regime stupid enough to pass on Caleb just like they passed on Carter last year so you'll probably get your wish.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 9:47 PM, riceman80 said:

I'll take Maye over Caleb Williams as a pro. Not a knock of Williams but I'm leary of Lincoln Riley QBs in the NFL at this point.

UNC's system has produced NFL greats such as Mitchell Trubisky and Sam Howell. 

• Like 1