2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Anyone wondering how the Wilson trade affects the draft? I think it’s them covering their bases in case they miss on a QB. But does anyone think they’re still in play for a QB in the first?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I find it interesting how Bo is already 24, Penix will be be in a couple weeks and Daniels will be a few months into the season.

Some old rookies for sure.

It’s gonna be more common. Transfer portal and NIL. 

Those 3 players also took advantage of the COVID year of eligibility. 

Edited by agarcia34

38 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Anyone wondering how the Wilson trade affects the draft? I think it’s them covering their bases in case they miss on a QB. But does anyone think they’re still in play for a QB in the first?

Yes. Wilson changes nothing for them.

I think it’s highly likely they take Nix at 12.

• Like 1

I am just sitting here waiting for Schefy to put out the report we have traded up to #3.  

Then I will wait for the report we have traded to #2 during the draft.  

Hey Tommy Testicles, go get Jayden.  

13 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Just watched the whole podcast. That quote was definitely taken out of context and I walked away convinced that he is almost Kobe like in his focus. He’s not the most charismatic guy IMO but he is going to be a stud in the league. 

Don't go comparing this guy to Kobe. This isn't focus, this is arrogance. Kobe and other greats in their sport lived and breathed the sport. I don't get the impression football is in the top 5 interests for Williams. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s gonna be more common. Transfer portal and NIL. 

Those 3 players also took advantage of the COVID year of eligibility. 

Can’t remember where I heard it, but the talking heads were saying that NFL teams don’t really negatively view older age for QBs unlike other positions. They actually prefer the additional reps and maturity that theoretically comes from that extra year or so at the college level. 

• Like 1

I see three realistic possibilities in the upcoming draft and what to know which option you feel is the most likely.  These are in no particular order.

1.  We stay at 13 and draft a CB/OT

2.  We mortgage the future and move up to 3 for a QB

3.  A top 4 QB slips to 10ish and we do a slight trade up

What do I hope happens?  #3.  What do I think happens #1.  If Washington doesn't take Daniels at 2 then #2 becomes a distinct possibility based on what I have been reading about AP being enamored with Daniels.  If Daniels goes #2 and Maye is at 3 do you think we would be as aggressive in trading up?  Thoughts?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Does anyone else see a bit of Derek Carr in Michael Penix? In the fact his pocket prescience isn’t great and despite being a very good athlete he’s not really that creative or great at extending plays? 

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Does anyone else see a bit of Derek Carr in Michael Penix? In the fact his pocket prescience isn’t great and despite being a very good athlete he’s not really that creative or great at extending plays? 

Not really. Carr is a stiff and compact athlete with conventional throwing mechanics who plays conservatively and throws deep opportunistically. Penix is a looser and longer athlete with unconventional throwing mechanics who likes to throw downfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t see Carr in Penix. I see Carr in Nix and I don’t want to buy another version of that 

Carr is a good comparison for Nix, but Nix is a plus runner with really good redzone instincts. Those are two things that capped Carr's ceiling.

• Like 3

Something interesting I read is there may be a lot more trades this year in part because the depth of talent on day 3 is awful. Because of NIL a lot of talented players stay in school now. What you are getting day 3 are guys who teams don't feel can make their 53 man rosters so they may be more apt to trade those picks. 

Interesting take. And no doubt NIL is going to impact the draft going forward.

• Like 2