2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

32 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Guys so small. and takes HITS. idk how you draft him top half of round 1. Honestly feels like a 2nd round type of gamble. 

Just say you didn’t watch him play at LSU. 😉

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Just say you didn’t watch him play at LSU. 😉

Ive seen enough of him getting ABSOLUTELY destroyed.

I get it. WOW plays galore. But he's on other guys highlight reels waaaay too often for a guy that isnt Cam Newton size.

Gets killed on the run, gets killed in the pocket. I just dont know how the guy ever makes it through a season. We just saw Ant Richardson get bounced out of every game and ultimately out of the season after 1/4 of the games.. he's twice as thick.

Edited by HighCalebR

35 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

We just saw Ant Richardson get bounced out of every game and ultimately out of the season after 1/4 of the games.. he's twice as thick.

Richardson might be built to withstand punishment better but he is 1/4 the passer that Daniels is. Ppl said Bryce Young was too small to survive in the NFL and yet he did despite having a terrible OL. Daniels will learn quickly that running too much might get him wrecked but he’s a better passer than Lamar. He's worth the risk of “what ifs?”

• Like 1

I was listening to Sirius XM...it happens a lot to me.

But, there were guys on there talking about how Daniels should be the first overall pick.  I thought that would be the most Bears QB thing ever!

Came across Bucky Brooks' new Mock and it wins as the worst (for Packers) I've seen to date: 

23. Vikings - Cooper DeJean

24. Cowboys - Graham Barton

25. Packers - Payton Wilson

26. Bucs - Laiatu Latu

27. Cardinals - Darius Robinson

28. Bills - Jer'Zhan Newton

29. Lions - Chop Robinson 

30. Ravens - Tyler Guyton

Missing out on both DeJean and Barton on the two picks before us would be a gut-punch and then choosing Wilson and his two torn ACLs over the Robinson bros, Newton or Guyton...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Richardson might be built to withstand punishment better but he is 1/4 the passer that Daniels is. Ppl said Bryce Young was too small to survive in the NFL and yet he did despite having a terrible OL. Daniels will learn quickly that running too much might get him wrecked but he’s a better passer than Lamar. He's worth the risk of “what ifs?”

Bryce goes down fast behind that carolina OL. guy protects himself a ton. Not so much with Jayden, he's chest first into a ton of tackles. 

I wouldnt draft him round 1. You and a ton of other people would. I dont see him surviving.

you cant string 2 minutes together without wincing.

Edited by HighCalebR

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Ive seen enough of him getting ABSOLUTELY destroyed....gets killed on the run, gets killed in the pocket. I just dont know how the guy ever makes it through a season.

One football podcast I listen to described his playing style as " demonstrating why people under 25 pay so much for car insurance"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Came across Bucky Brooks' new Mock and it wins as the worst (for Packers) I've seen to date: 

23. Vikings - Cooper DeJean

24. Cowboys - Graham Barton

25. Packers - Payton Wilson

26. Bucs - Laiatu Latu

27. Cardinals - Darius Robinson

28. Bills - Jer'Zhan Newton

29. Lions - Chop Robinson 

30. Ravens - Tyler Guyton

Missing out on both DeJean and Barton on the two picks before us would be a gut-punch and then choosing Wilson and his two torn ACLs over the Robinson bros, Newton or Guyton...

Yah right like we are going to take Wilson at #25.  Come on Bucky do your homework.  Have to see how DeJean does at his pro day.  He might not test well after the broken leg.  We'll see think he'll be there at #25.  Almost positive Barton will be.  We'll probably be extending Kenny so don't think we go Newton.  Guyton or trade down if this is the way it went.  Someone is going to drop in our laps.  As many as 6 QB's and a slew of WR's will be going early.  

• Like 1

My top 3 guys right now in no particular order are:

DeJean

Barton

Newton.

I'd be happy with any of them.  Hard to say if any of them will be there at 25.  

Also have to consider the Packers loving a guy projected in the 2nd round like a TJ Tampa or Edgerrin Cooper type who they think might be a great fit?  Not necessarily those guys but you get the point.  

Not knowing all the medical stuff and character issues also clouds it up some too.

Who are your top 3?

Guys I want that have a reasonable chance of being there at #25

1. Troy Fautanu

2. DeJean (if medicals check out)

3. Graham Barton

Obviously if either Mitchell or Arnold drop I'm running up the card.  Never say never...

CB, S, ILB, OL, RB are the areas we need to address.  No ILB, S, or RB are worth it in RD 1.  Leaves CB or OL IMO. Now if a top 10 talent falls Edge, WR well Gute will have to pull the trigger.  Turner, Verse, Odunze.  Newton is interstesting kinda on the small side tho.  Could also be the pick. 

Looking at the consensus boards aren't really settled just yet.  We'll see Gute will pick a player we aren't even talking about.  Just what he does.  Trade down take a guy like Braswell.  Be like what?

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Guys I want that have a reasonable chance of being there at #25

1. Troy Fautanu

2. DeJean (if medicals check out)

3. Graham Barton

Obviously if either Mitchell or Arnold drop I'm running up the card.  Never say never...

CB, S, ILB, OL, RB are the areas we need to address.  No ILB, S, or RB are worth it in RD 1.  Leaves CB or OL IMO. Now if a top 10 talent falls Edge, WR well Gute will have to pull the trigger.  Turner, Verse, Odunze.  Newton is interstesting kinda on the small side tho.  Could also be the pick. 

Looking at the consensus boards aren't really settled just yet.  We'll see Gute will pick a player we aren't even talking about.  Just what he does.  Trade down take a guy like Braswell.  Be like what?

DL Byron Murphy regularly seems to fall to the Packers in mocks on different sites. I'd consider him and C/G JPJ, if either of them are there. That would give 5 choices and at least one of them is very likely to be there.

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Guys so small. and takes HITS. idk how you draft him top half of round 1. Honestly feels like a 2nd round type of gamble. 

One twenty-eight second clip? Headline on NFL.com is that Daniels, Nabers and Thomas, "put on a show at the LSU pro-day!" 

Dan Orlovsky, said he's the best quarterback in the draft. 

I'm not saying I'd take him over WIlliams, but I sure as hell would take him over Drake Maye or any other QB in the draft. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1