2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Couple more interesting Pro Days today for potential Packers targets: 

Duke (Barton)

North Carolina (Cedric Gray)

Rutgers (Melton)

Washington (Fantanu, Rosengarten, Trice)

12 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

TBH, I expected Mustapha to run sub 4.45.  That is a heck of a vertical though!

To me, instincts are so key to playing safety. A guy running a 4.2 - 40, faster, hesitates for even half a second longer than a guy like Mustapha and he'd get to the ball after Mustapha

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Newton.  He's one inch shorter than Wyatt.  And listed at the same weight.  

There's no bending rules for Newton.  We drafted an older version of him at roughly the same position in the draft in the past.

He's one of those guys that I'm running to the pick to the podium if he is there.

They very well might.  But at what point do you draw the line?  We have enough of those guys already though.  We don't need another Wyatt we need another Kenny Clark.  Discussion was about Murphy he's only 6'.  Do you take him despite his size?  Packers have certain thresholds for a reason.  Go outside of them greatly increases the chance that the player will bust.  Maybe Newton is close enough but Murphy in the 1st?  Not seeing it. 

Matt Miller’s new ESPN+ mock:

25. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

The Packers love drafting premium positions early, and Guyton could be a starter for them at left tackle or right guard after they lost Jon Runyan and David Bakhtiari this offseason. He started 14 games for the Sooners over the past two seasons after transferring from TCU and could thrive at multiple positions in the pros. The 6-8, 322-pounder has great length and moves like a tight end.

41. (via NYJ)  Ennis Rakestraw Jr., CB, Missouri

New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley brings a press-man scheme to the secondary, and the Packers need more personnel to run it. Rakestraw is elite at the line of scrimmage with feisty play, making him a fit. A core muscle injury that required surgery in December is the only reason he's available in Round 2 here; he's ranked No. 20 on my board.

58.  Mason McCormick, C, South Dakota State

One of my favorite sleeper picks in this draft, McCormick can be a starting guard or center despite not getting the attention he deserves in the pre-draft process. He would push right guard Sean Rhyan in Green Bay while also providing depth at center behind Josh Myers.

88.  Brandon Dorlus, DT, Oregon

Dorlus is an ideal scheme fit in Green Bay's three-man front. He's a solid rotational pass-rusher with the ability to bump inside to 3-technique in passing situations.

91.  Gabriel Murphy, DE, UCLA

Three picks ago, I got Green Bay some versatility on the defensive line. Now I'm landing the Packers a valuable standup edge rusher with 21 career sacks.

126.  Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane

169.  Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee

202. Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB, Toronto Argonauts (CFL)

219.  Johnny Wilson, WR, Florida State

245.  Emani Bailey, RB, TCU

255.  Ryan Rehkow, P, BYU

Some of these picks and explanations… 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

They very well might.  But at what point do you draw the line?  We have enough of those guys already though.  We don't need another Wyatt we need another Kenny Clark.  Discussion was about Murphy he's only 6'.  Do you take him despite his size?  Packers have certain thresholds for a reason.  Go outside of them greatly increases the chance that the player will bust.  Maybe Newton is close enough but Murphy in the 1st?  Not seeing it. 

Darius Robinson? 

23 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Wyatt was old when we drafted him.  He's only "checks notes" 3 years younger than Clark.

Newton has great get off to go with almost ideal size inside.  And he's young.  I'm taking him so that I do not 100% have to extend Kenny and/or Wyatt.  All while having an unreal rotation inside.  He's way too young and way too physically gifted to overlook with our pick.  He's a high end guy.

Murphy is as well.  A player is a player is a player.  However, I don't see him as an IDL.  I see him as a DE.

I could easily see us taking him and finding a spot for him to play.

I'd definitely take both of those guys over a RT only developmental prospect like Guyton or Mims.  I'd take both of those guys over Barton and JPJ.  50/50 whether I'd take those guys or Fautanu/DeJean.  And the tackles above Fautanu?  I'd take them over the DT's.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

or maybe right into it

He hasn't been available on the PFF mock sim since before the combine.  First round.

Not saying they are the end all, be all, but with his versatility and size?  He's gonna go prior to #25.

Barton great athlete at size. Powerful blocker. But my god guys on the ground so much.

Great fit if he isnt rolling into Jenkins legs

Just came across this after watching FSU again. Like 1 of 2 plays he's on the ground in something of a highlight back to back.

Edited by HighCalebR

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He hasn't been available on the PFF mock sim since before the combine.  First round.

Not saying they are the end all, be all, but with his versatility and size?  He's gonna go prior to #25.

I'm not even trying to bash PFF here, but mock drafts serve no purpose beyond entertainment.

• Like 2