2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Grossman was labeled the "Next Brett Favre" when he got drafted out of  Florida.  That never panned out or was even close but he did start as many Super Bowls as Rodgers has.   

5 hours ago, moretti19 said:

If Joe Milton is available in round 3 would you take him? 

No.  Maybe a late-ish Day 3 pick at best.  Don't think he unseats Sean Clifford, and I'm not even that high on Clifford.

Tony Pauline in one of his articles said that the Giants had dinner with Graham Barton.

The Giants would be picking at #6 and then at #47. Clearly picking him at #6 is too high. Don't think they would trade down as they would be passing on the likes of Alt, Harrison and Nabers.

Based on those draft slots it sounds like they're hoping he would be there at #47. However the Packers have pick #41 so the Giants would need to package a trade up for him if he does indeed fall that far.

In the same article Pauline said some scouts think he secured himself a place for himself n the 1st round. Based on those two pieces of info it does sound like he could go anywhere in late 1st to early 2nd. Both of which the Packers are well positioned.

Edited by Chili

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We're tied for the most picks in the draft IIRC. We have the picks for it IMO. I think the position is far from a luxury, it's probably vital to unlocking the potential to a juggernaut. We're so used to Rodgers ignoring TEs that we don't know how to appreciate wanting them lol. 

Sinnott's going to be a Packer. I feel it in my bones.

I could easily see that happening, but it would probably need to happen at #58 not #88 and instantly he will be hated by many because the self-proclaimed draft gurus will claim he was over drafted. He is closer to Sam LaPorta than Josiah Deguara and will probably go in that 50-70 range. 

The media often misses on it with TE's, LaPorta was 59th on the final big board last season and went 34th overall. Luke Schoonmaker 101st and went 58th, Brenton Strange was 130th and went 61st. Also think they are missing it badly with Sinnott this year, his name probably gets called well before the late third round.  

• Like 2

Ding ding ding ding ding.

We’ve got our 50th 1st round player per experts. The Honor goes to Graham Barton. I don’t know what reason the NFL will give for the extra 18 1st round picks, but…there are now 50 1st round players just like every other year. No expert will ever point out there can only be 32 1s. There is going to be someone available at 41 that someone has been labeled a lock for round 1. I hope it’s a position of need.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We're tied for the most picks in the draft IIRC. We have the picks for it IMO. I think the position is far from a luxury, it's probably vital to unlocking the potential to a juggernaut. We're so used to Rodgers ignoring TEs that we don't know how to appreciate wanting them lol. 

Sinnott's going to be a Packer. I feel it in my bones.

I've been a fan of Sinnott for a while so no objection here. At this point, I'm not going to object to the Packers building around Love. Whether that's OL and/or the skills, I'm all for it. 

Defensively yea we need a starting safety for sure and probably some depth at LB and CB but our success IMO is largely on how Hafley uses these guys anyways. We have more than enough talent on that side of the ball to be better than we've been in the past.

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Ding ding ding ding ding.

We’ve got our 50th 1st round player per experts. The Honor goes to Graham Barton. I don’t know what reason the NFL will give for the extra 18 1st round picks, but…there are now 50 1st round players just like every other year. No expert will ever point out there can only be 32 1s. There is going to be someone available at 41 that someone has been labeled a lock for round 1. I hope it’s a position of need.

Barton has been a 1st round pick for awhile?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've been a fan of Sinnott for a while so no objection here. At this point, I'm not going to object to the Packers building around Love. Whether that's OL and/or the skills, I'm all for it. 

Defensively yea we need a starting safety for sure and probably some depth at LB and CB but our success IMO is largely on how Hafley uses these guys anyways. We have more than enough talent on that side of the ball to be better than we've been in the past.

I think I am at the point that I want them to build the safety room like we have the WR room.  Take a bunch of them and see who works out.  McKinney can be the old man at 25 years old.  

• Like 1