2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Im not sure id consider Doubs WR1

I’m positive Jordan Love would choose him as WR1 from this group. That’s who he he went to for 1st downs. If there was a WR the defense was keying on last season it was Doubs. He still moved the chains the most.

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m positive Jordan Love would choose him as WR1 from this group. That’s who he he went to for 1st downs. If there was a WR the defense was keying on last season it was Doubs. He still moved the chains the most.

This past year, sure

Moving forward, Watson(if healthy), Reed and Wicks all have more potential to be dynamic players. Which isn't a shot at Doubs, I just view him as being capped out as a high end WR2, which obviously has a lot of value in itself

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Reed was pretty close in 1st downs and a few more targets.  Wicks was at 50% 1st down to target ratio.  In tetms of bulk stats i might give doubs a 1a lean.  On per snap/ per target basis i dont think its as clear cut as you are suggesting

4 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

It sounds like you think we’re at least 4 deep at WR but something will have to give at some point and you’d consider making space in the log jam.

I’d like you to consider that a lot will change over the next two years before any of these deals come up. In all likelihood, at least one of our top few guys will have troubles in a way or another that creates the space trading away one of them would produce.

Doubs is WR1 and clutch AF for Love. I don’t want to try to fix what isn’t broken with the window open.

Man, the legend of Doubs is so overblown in here.  Doubs had a nice September last season, averaging ~5/55 in the first 4 weeks to go with 3 TD.  From Oct-Dec, Doubs was quite underwhelming.  He came up big in the playoffs, and fans want to pretend that's who he was all season.  He wasn't.  If anything, last season showed that Love is fine with anyone being "the guy" in any given week, and GB doesn't really have (or need) a traditional WR1.  Doubs is a fine player, but isn't special in any way.  He's never going to be a guy opposing defenses need to game plan against.  Put him on the field with Watson and Reed, and he benefits from the attention paid to the other two, not the other way around.

This entire conversation around Doubs stems from a hypothetical that everyone understands isn't real, but I don't get this idea that Doubs is such a high-value asset. Two years from now, I think it's pretty unlikely that Gute extends both Watson and Doubs.  Unless Watson busts (a legit possibility), I expect Doubs will be the odd man out.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, The Truth said:

I there a consensus pick at #25, does Barton or Dejean just make too much sense , if there? 

I'm not sure either will be there at #25, but if either is there I would think the Packers will pounce.  Both seem like ideal fits.

• Like 1