2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Man, the legend of Doubs is so overblown in here.  Doubs had a nice September last season, averaging ~5/55 in the first 4 weeks to go with 3 TD.  From Oct-Dec, Doubs was quite underwhelming.  He came up big in the playoffs, and fans want to pretend that's who he was all season.  He wasn't.  If anything, last season showed that Love is fine with anyone being "the guy" in any given week, and GB doesn't really have (or need) a traditional WR1.  Doubs is a fine player, but isn't special in any way.  He's never going to be a guy opposing defenses need to game plan against.  Put him on the field with Watson and Reed, and he benefits from the attention paid to the other two, not the other way around.

This entire conversation around Doubs stems from a hypothetical that everyone understands isn't real, but I don't get this idea that Doubs is such a high-value asset. Two years from now, I think it's pretty unlikely that Gute extends both Watson and Doubs.  Unless Watson busts (a legit possibility), I expect Doubs will be the odd man out.

Doubs is pretty damn good.  He knows how to get open and catches the ball.  Dude is clutch on 3rd down as well.  He's our 3rd best WR maybe you could say Wicks.  Whatever he's pretty valuable to the Packers.  Personally I love the dude.  Humble soft spoken. 

I am worried when these contracts come up who we will be able to keep.  If Watson stays healthy he's clearly our #1 WR.  Most talented of the bunch.  Reed #2.  Can't keep em all and Doubs will most likely get a very nice contract in FA.  One we can't afford.  It would be nice when the time comes to get some value in return.  Hate to just let him go. 

WR contracts have gotten way out of hand lately.  We will only be able to sign probably 2 out the 4 guys to second contracts.  

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not sure you understand yet why forums exist.

Well, let's see. The sharing of opinions, good and bad. Posts of humor, good and bad. And occasionally some sarcasm, which appears you are yet to understand.    

• Like 2

Look, I'm the best WR talent evaluator there is on these boards. People tell me all the time how good I am at evaluating WR's and I've won so many awards for evaluating WR's. I'm so good at evaluating WR's that the league banned me, which is why I'm here and not working for a team. They said I was too good, too good. When I evaluate WR's I do the best job at doing so because I look for the best WR's out there based on their production and their prowess. I just point at them and they're stars, big stars. You know last week I was at a pro day and everyone told me how great I was at evaluating WR's. I'll probably win another award soon for evaluating WR's...

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Rosser80 said:

Look, I'm the best WR talent evaluator there is on these boards. People tell me all the time how good I am at evaluating WR's and I've won so many awards for evaluating WR's. I'm so good at evaluating WR's that the league banned me, which is why I'm here and not working for a team. They said I was too good, too good. When I evaluate WR's I do the best job at doing so because I look for the best WR's out there based on their production and their prowess. I just point at them and they're stars, big stars. You know last week I was at a pro day and everyone told me how great I was at evaluating WR's. I'll probably win another award soon for evaluating WR's...

Hot dam, that is good stuff!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

What is the latest? Has he turned himself in yet? 

Think he might be on the lamb.  He was driving the Corvette.  Got a picture of his posse(maybe him can't tell) on a traffic cam.  Hit and run, reckless driving, and whatever charges they are going to throw at him.  Oh yes also guns.  Not good at all.  KC really doesn't have many decent WR's.  If they lose Rice it's gonna hurt.  Remember a lot of guys clamoring for him during the draft.  We went Reed instead.  Looks in hinsight like a good choice.  oof...

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think he might be on the lamb.  He was driving the Corvette.  Got a picture of his posse(maybe him can't tell) on a traffic cam.  Hit and run, reckless driving, and whatever charges they are going to throw at him.  Oh yes also guns.  Not good at all.  KC really doesn't have many decent WR's.  If they lose Rice it's gonna hurt.  Remember a lot of guys clamoring for him during the draft.  We went Reed instead.  Looks in hinsight like a good choice.  oof...

He's in Texas so if the guns were registered that shouldn't be an issue for him. If he was driving though, he's in deep ****. 

23 minutes ago, Rosser80 said:

For $79 you can own my WR draft scouting report!

Forb$799 it will be personally autographed!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Let's all remember I said Reed was my favorite WR in the draft 

You stanned Jalin Hyatt nonstop for weeks until the moment we drafted Reed lol. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Let's all remember I said Reed was my favorite WR in the draft and Wicks was the next Davante before @beekay414

Glad I'm the first person that pops into your head for premium talent evaluation but I wasn't on Reed during the process haha. Wicks did stand out on tape and in testing. I was a DuBose guy tho so when he pops off next year, I'm beating that horse to death.  

Moving up but mostly down with trades.  This is from Draft Buzz.  I'd love this if it happened.

Draft Selections

Graham Barton Head Shot
PICK: 40 RND: 2 (GB)
Graham Barton
OT Duke
Javon Bullard Head Shot
PICK: 44 RND: 2 (GB)
Javon Bullard
S Georgia
Edgerrin Cooper Head Shot
PICK: 58 RND: 2 (GB)
Edgerrin Cooper
LB Texas A&M
Kiran Amegadjie Head Shot
PICK: 67 RND: 3 (GB)
Kiran Amegadjie
OT Yale
Renardo Green Head Shot
PICK: 88 RND: 3 (GB)
Renardo Green
CB Florida State
Dadrion Taylor-Demerson Head Shot
PICK: 91 RND: 3 (GB)
Dadrion Taylor-Demerson
S Texas Tech
Cedric Gray Head Shot
PICK: 100 RND: 3 (GB)
Cedric Gray
LB North Carolina
Roger Rosengarten Head Shot
PICK: 112 RND: 4 (GB)
Roger Rosengarten
OT Washington
Isaac Guerendo Head Shot
PICK: 126 RND: 4 (GB)
Isaac Guerendo
RB Louisville
Tanor Bortolini Head Shot
PICK: 169 RND: 5 (GB)
Tanor Bortolini
C Wisconsin

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Glad I'm the first person that pops into your head for premium talent evaluation but I wasn't on Reed during the process haha. Wicks did stand out on tape and in testing. I was a DuBose guy tho so when he pops off next year, I'm beating that horse to death.  

I mean, it was no secret that the Packers liked Wicks last draft season.  And he also checked all the boxes physically.  I think everyone was on him last season.  

7 hours ago, The Truth said:

I there a consensus pick at #25, does Barton or Dejean just make too much sense , if there? 

I'm loving the spot and I don't think we're going to trade up or down from 25. 

DL - Newton, Murphy

Edge - Chop Robinson

DB - Cooper DeJean

OL - Fautanu, Guyton, Mims, Barton

all these guys have been mocked in this range

• Like 1