2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I kinda like him. However he is a 6th yr senior. Turning 25 in November.

So? With the life span of an NFL running back...who cares?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

I watched this guy's high lights a few days ago....and just posted his name in here....but this guy runs all the routes.

I must've been watching a sh*tty highlight video because he looks so much better there and you see more of his speed and receiving skills. He's still not blazing fast but his quick enough.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

I must've been watching a sh*tty highlight video because he looks so much better there and you see more of his speed and receiving skills. He's still not blazing fast but his quick enough.

Yeah....the speed's not elite...but for a RB...he's a weapon all over the field in the passing game. I'd love to see him in our offense. He's running routes Jones never sniffed. He looks like a WR.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Pretty sure Ray Davis will be 25 as well his rookie season

I assumed he was a year younger because he's a 5th yr senior but no he's the same age (as Tracy).

Edited by Chili

18 hours ago, thrILL! said:

You stanned Jalin Hyatt nonstop for weeks until the moment we drafted Reed lol. 

That's the joke lol

I fully admit I never watch all the prospects before the draft. I had never heard of Reed before we took him. But then after watching him he became my favorite WR in the draft. 

Then @Packerraymond made snarky comments about me just liking him because we drafted him. Which I then pointed out if that were true I'd do that for every player and not just one. 

Reed absolutely blew me away the second I watched him and I was very vocal about it at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R T said:

Yet we have some here that believe and have openly stated in the last couple of hours that they believe that they are smarter about football than NFL GM's.

So, there is that element here on this forum.   

I'm simultaneously confident that:

(1) I don't have as much information as any NFL GM

(2) If I did, I'd be better than at least 1 (probably more) of them at their job. 

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That's the joke lol

I fully admit I never watch all the prospects before the draft. I had never heard of Reed before we took him. But then after watching him he became my favorite WR in the draft. 

Then @Packerraymond made snarky comments about me just liking him because we drafted him. Which I then pointed out if that were true I'd do that for every player and not just one. 

Reed absolutely blew me away the second I watched him and I was very vocal about it at the time.

Jayden Reed was my favorite receiver in last year's draft but I assumed he was below GB's size thresholds and that he wasn't even on their radar.  I was both shocked and pumped when they took him.  I'm usually not that great with receivers, either, so I'm glad I got one right for once lol.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of Shipley even though he shows some good stuff.

He's a try hard RB who doesn't know how to avoid hits. I don't like the way he moves. I don't like the fact he looks like he has a WR type body playing at RB.

He does have some nice wiggle at times but is more of a quick, direct runner. Useful as a receiver. Don't think much of him running between the tackles but shows good stuff bouncing outside.

I don't think he improves our rushing attack tbh.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm simultaneously confident that:

(1) I don't have as much information as any NFL GM

(2) If I did, I'd be better than at least 1 (probably more) of them at their job. 

Wait you mean we shouldn't be in awe of these geniuses that keep the bottom 10 teams in the league in perpetual roster hell? You're trying to tell me you wouldn't pass on 2 firsts for Brian Burns to trade him for a 2nd less than a year later!?

Some folks live in 1975 when the college games weren't on TV, the Combine was a private event, all 22 was the number of channels the lucky kid got with his antenna, and the draft itself was something you read a paragraph about in the paper. Yeah at that point in time a fan couldn't get close to having accurate opinions on players. Today? We have so much access, and some of us still have contacts that get us more than the common person. We'll never get medical or interview abilities and every take comes with an asterisk that it could greatly alter an eval to have that info.

• Like 2