2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

23 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Assuming he tests well, I'll ask the question now because the question is coming.

Will you give up #25 and one of your thirds to move up to get DeJean?

9 hours ago, persiandud said:

nope

5 hours ago, bleedforbucky said:

Nope from me too. I don't want to trade up in the first. Too expensive and there will be a good player available if we sit tight at 25 at either OL, CB, DL, or edge. All for moving around for players later in the draft though. 

It is hard to deny that he would fill the largest hole that we have on the roster.  Safety.

Not just any old safety, but one who can play 1:1 with a TE or slot receiver, while offering run support.

And I have little doubt that he can play deep space well, given those instincts.

I'm not moving up for many people in this draft, and ideally, I'm only willing to go up to like #19 or so as someone posted prior.

DeJean is one of those guys that if he gets close, I'd pull the trigger to secure him.  He's a "tier one" guy for me and current roster.  And he's just a lot better than others than we can get later.

• Like 1

I'm really loving this mock and hope it falls like this: 

ESPN's mock draft

I'm feeling more and more confident the Packers will go with a OT in round one, assuming DeJean is already gone, which I expect he will be. Then picking up the great prospects at LB and S in the second. I couldn't be happier.

Edited by James Lofton
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It is hard to deny that he would fill the largest hole that we have on the roster.  Safety.

Not just any old safety, but one who can play 1:1 with a TE or slot receiver, while offering run support.

And I have little doubt that he can play deep space well, given those instincts.

I'm not moving up for many people in this draft, and ideally, I'm only willing to go up to like #19 or so as someone posted prior.

DeJean is one of those guys that if he gets close, I'd pull the trigger to secure him.  He's a "tier one" guy for me and current roster.  And he's just a lot better than others than we can get later.

Yeah, I've got to assume DeJean is going to test well.  Why not wait a couple of weeks if you weren't confident in your numbers.  He's ready.

My only concern about moving up and how far is if Arnold, Mitchell and DeJean (or a combination) are all on the board at 19.   Unlikely,  but it could happen.  I'd go up but for which one?

Guyton is the new popular mock pick for the Packers with about 3 weeks to go here. Feel like him, DeJean and Barton make up about 85% of the first round mocks out there right now. 

1 hour ago, James Lofton said:

I'm really loving this mock and hope it falls like this: 

ESPN's mock draft

I'm feeling more and more confident the Packers will go with a OT in round one, assuming DeJean is already gone, which I expect he will be. Then picking up the great prospects at LB and S in the second. I couldn't be happier.

Not MY favourite picks at all. I'm not sold on Guyton and think Hicks could maybe be had with a 3rd rounder. Now if we could get Barton or Powers-Johnson (I forgot to add Fautanu), then DT Kris Jenkins, then ILB Junior Colson at #58 and S Bishop, Hicks or Bullard at 88...........I'd love THAT. Round it out with the best RB on the board at #91 and we are cooking. Round 4 is specially reserved for David Bakhtiari mk2  🤞🤞🤞

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Guyton is the new popular mock pick for the Packers with about 3 weeks to go here. Feel like him, DeJean and Barton make up about 85% of the first round mocks out there right now. 

Don't get the Guyton love.  Doesn't really fit the typical Packers profile.  He's also a project.  Maybe in the 2nd but not at 25.  Same goes for Mims.  Depending on how the board falls we might not be drafting OL in the 1st.  Rosengarten fits what we do much better.  Maybe we score him with one of our 2nd rounders.  Barton or Fautanu at #25 I'd like much better. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Don't get the Guyton love.  Doesn't really fit the typical Packers profile.  He's also a project.  Maybe in the 2nd but not at 25.  Same goes for Mims.  Depending on how the board falls we might not be drafting OL in the 1st.  Rosengarten fits what we do much better.  Maybe we score him with one of our 2nd rounders.  Barton or Fautanu at #25 I'd like much better. 

Just wanted to jump in and make some kind of joke about us loving high ceiling projects in the first....LVN and Gary come to mind right away.  

I dont know how good JJ McCarthy will be at the next level but just his flying up the draft boards in the last month has a Zach Wilson flying up the board smell to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Just wanted to jump in and make some kind of joke about us loving high ceiling projects in the first....LVN and Gary come to mind right away.  

This is true, but Rosengarten still fits the type of project they like to select, as did the others you mentioned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Cheeseheadtv guide has us taking Jordan Morgan at 25 for whatever that’s worth.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont know how good JJ McCarthy will be at the next level but just his flying up the draft boards in the last month has a Zach Wilson flying up the board smell to it.

I don't know how good he will be either but if you go back a dozen drafts there's only 4 quarterbacks I know you 100% could not have convinced me he was a better prospect than. Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, and Williams. 

1 minute ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Cheeseheadtv guide has us taking Jordan Morgan at 25 for whatever that’s worth.

Honestly, I'd put Morgan as a tick more likely to be the pick over Guyton (even if Guyton's there). 

• Like 1