2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

4th-and-jawn-we-talked-to-oklahoma-ot-ty

vs

1920x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1920

Look at the faces. Guyton is a skinny dude trying to stay big. Compare it to Jenkins who is a naturally large dude. Guyton could have trouble maintaining his weight because his body naturally wants to stay skinny.

Guyton looks high. Jenkins looks focused and sharp.

Guyton would make a great James Bond baddie though.

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Rumor is GB ( and others) discussing trade up with Seahawks @ # 16. Would that range cost a 2nd?

https://x.com/nfldraftbites/status/1775743278773571895?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

Yes, but we should get a 5th or late 4th back according to the Jimmy Johnson trade chart. 

Really weird that three teams are targeting that selection. Do these GMs have what the other teams are going to do dialed in that well? 

Edited by Old Guy

27 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Rumor is GB ( and others) discussing trade up with Seahawks @ # 16. Would that range cost a 2nd?

https://x.com/nfldraftbites/status/1775743278773571895?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

Heard the Seahawks might be interested in Penix.  Played at Washington, and his OC from Washington Ryan Grubb is now the OC for the Seahawks.  Might be smoke.

58 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Maybe I could be talked into it on draft day if the right guy fell but otherwise no thanks. The value of this draft is on Day 2. Don't give away those picks. 

• Like 3

Anybody who knows OL have an opinion on Tylan Grable? Elite athlete who took a huge step last year. A little lighter than ideal. Seems like someone the Packers would be all over to me though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Heard the Seahawks might be interested in Penix.  Played at Washington, and his OC from Washington Ryan Grubb is now the OC for the Seahawks.  Might be smoke.

With Geno and Sam Howell already there - I'd be surprised if Penix or any QB is in their plans.   Make whatever jokes you want about Geno, he's shown he's more than capable as a starter in SEA the last couple seasons.    Sam Howell is also a good developmental option that threw far too many interceptions in his first season as a starter, but was also running for his life all season long.   Commanders only moved on from him because they're taking a QB #2 and plan to play him from the start

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is called due diligence and happens every year. Gute is talking trade down right now too.

Not that the simulators are worth a ****, but Chop Robinson and White Jesus fall to our selection about 50% of the time. Those are the two guys at 25 from what seems be consistently there I'd take. I also know, Chop Robinson does not fit what we usually draft in an EDGE. White Jesus might move up after his workout on April 8th. 

Otherwise, I'm all aboard the trade down bus. 

22 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Anybody who knows OL have an opinion on Tylan Grable?

I heard this one guy who seems reasonable say this about him:

"Elite athlete who took a huge step last year. A little lighter than ideal. Seems like someone the Packers would be all over to me though."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Not that the simulators are worth a ****, but Chop Robinson and White Jesus fall to our selection about 50% of the time. Those are the two guys at 25 from what seems be consistently there I'd take. I also know, Chop Robinson does not fit what we usually draft in an EDGE. White Jesus might move up after his workout on April 8th. 

Otherwise, I'm all aboard the trade down bus. 

I want a legit starting player in round one .. not a project guy who is going to see very limited snaps.  With 11 picks and a team that is ready to compete I'm okay with trading up for the right guy.  I want quality of quantity this year.

13 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I want a legit starting player in round one .. not a project guy who is going to see very limited snaps.  With 11 picks and a team that is ready to compete I'm okay with trading up for the right guy.  I want quality of quantity this year.

I feel like not really moving up in the first round....maybe a 3rd if it looks like someone is falling who should not.

But....I do like the idea of trading around rounds 2-4 in order to get the guys we want.

And I can easily be talked into trading down easier than trading up in round one.  Take those picks and wheel and deal in rounds 2-4 for the quality factor.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wouldn't read too much into this.  At this time of year teams are always talking to other teams about potential trades during the draft, since having figured out the structure of the trade on paper weeks before makes it easy to pull off a trade during the draft and the Seahawks and Packers have traded during the draft a whole bunch of times.  Seattle is also likely looking to move back to pick up more picks because they're without a 2nd (having traded it to the Giants for Leonard Williams.)  So the obvious trade for the Seahawks to make is "to a team with an extra 2nd for that 2nd".