2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

44 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I don't think that classic "Sam/fullback" type viable on either side of the ball. It's a dead position.

Feels like Quay would be great SAM, big and fast enough to disrupt and cover almost any TE.

in 4-3 Quay Sam, McDuffie Mike, Cooper Will

in Nickel, Quay Mike, Cooper Will

Edited by fattlipp

46 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I don't think that classic "Sam/fullback" type viable on either side of the ball. It's a dead position.

I am not sure that it matters that much.  I doubt we will have 3 LBs on the field very often anyway.

46 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I am not sure that it matters that much.  I doubt we will have 3 LBs on the field very often anyway.

10 hours ago, persiandud said:

I'm curious what you guys think we'll do at ILB.

So I would consider the following to be factual:

- Quay is going to be on the field whenever possible.
- McDuffie played at BC and Halfley loved him.
- They're not going to want to have 3 ILBs on the field unless there are fewer than 3 WRs on the field.

So like they need to get more bodies at the position for depth, but I don't think they're going to play more than like 8-9 plays per game with 3 ILBs on the field.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

There is a linebacker later....I think it is Gray from North Carolina who graded out really well against the pass and he's a little smaller.  He looks like a decent guy to pick up.

Like him, surprised he isn't getting more attention.  Rangy, and a producer.  He's not afraid to gather the defense on the sidelines and talk to em.  I wouldn't be disappointed if he found his way to GB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Would a guy like Chop Robinson be able to play some LB in this defense?

Stats say he never did in college.  Not saying he cannot, but he's one that I'd label is very unlikely to be a Packer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Would a guy like Chop Robinson be able to play some LB in this defense?

Whole story on Chop is that when he wins it's because he's more athletic than everybody around him but he also has no idea what he's doing.  I think cross-training him at two positions is a bad idea here, since you're going to want to catch him up at whatever position he is playing ASAP.

There's a really good post on Reddit by u/Izzarp. In his own words:

I've put together a visualization of the consensus big board drawing from the most popular boards, which include A to Z, 33rd Team, Bleacher Report, Brugler, CBS, Campbell, Draft Diamonds, DraftTek, Espn, Mock Draft Database, NFL.com, PFF, Tankathon, TDN, Pauline, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, PFN and The Athletic.

Basically he took all the positions of each player from all the popular draft boards and averaged out the player position.

Just click on the picture three times to see it in more detail. I can't help but notice that Cooper DeJean is at 26 and Graham Barton at 30. Right around where we're picking.

zifnhf9rznsc1.png?width=1851&format=png&

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

Every draft year I have  players that I don't want the Packer's to pick, this years candidates are Kool-Aid Mckinstry, Nate Wiggins, and Calen Bullock. Bullock doesn't tackle, Mckinstry lacks toughness and same for Wiggins. I really want a solid tackling defensive backfield, Mckinney was a good start. 

Who scares you?

50 minutes ago, The Truth said:

Every draft year I have  players that I don't want the Packer's to pick, this years candidates are Kool-Aid Mckinstry, Nate Wiggins, and Calen Bullock. Bullock doesn't tackle, Mckinstry lacks toughness and same for Wiggins. I really want a solid tackling defensive backfield, Mckinney was a good start. 

Who scares you?

Kool Aid scares me.   He's got like 2 picks in 2 years or something like that.  It's not the "be all end all" stat but it is concerning.

Payton Wilson.  The injury history scares me.  Good player, but for how long?

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Kool Aid scares me.   He's got like 2 picks in 2 years or something like that.  It's not the "be all end all" stat but it is concerning.

Payton Wilson.  The injury history scares me.  Good player, but for how long?

I like them both at pick #41 .. not so much in the 1st round.