2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 minute ago, bleedforbucky said:

So which ones do we consider the best? I'm addicted to mocking and utilize PFF the most. 

Whichever one makes you happy. Or helps you learn new prospects 

None of them will be entirely accurate.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bleedforbucky said:

So which ones do we consider the best? I'm addicted to mocking and utilize PFF the most. 

I use PFF as well. I’m not getting Byron Murphy in the second round there.

and most of the time, the guys we want (DeJean, Barton, etc) are gone so I just assume that’s the most accurate lol. 

10 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Provided he didn't make a fool of himself during his Top 30 visit, I think Cooper may be very much in play for us at 25 and there are very, very few guys I'd take over him if he was still sitting there at 41.    

i'm a big fan of Cooper, and i think at 41 he'll be there for us. Walker at mike and Cooper at will is a fast, athletic duo

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Grab a guy in the 3rd or the 5th. Thats what my spidey senses tell me. Maybe it's both. I'm not spider man so it's tough to read spider. 

who do you like on day 2 for inside backers? second question, what do you think of Junior Colson? i do agree with that other guy that Quay is a more natural will backer. Colson is an easy projection for the mike, so Quay can stay at will 

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The lost part is that this is Quay's 3rd year.  He should understand the defense more now and be ready to step into the Mike role.  If he is not, then we shouldn't exercise the 5'th year option on him and he shouldn't be in our long term plans.

At least that is how I view it.  The natural progression should always have been Campbell to Quay for the Mike role.  Maybe it happened a year early, but it is his time to sink or swim now.  (I think he will swim)

this is exactly what i told that guy. as soon as we drafted Quay, i thought we'd groom him to eventually take over at mike. he's surely learned from Dre as you said, and now going into his 3rd season. but also, given the fact that we typically don't view ILB as a premium position, I'd be really surprised if the Packers broke that trend of not taking ILBs in the 1st with Quay Walker and didn't project him to be the mike eventually. 

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think McDuffie is the Mike, Quay is the Will, and we don't really have a Sam on the roster currently.  If we had a game tomorrow, we might use Preston or Keshawn Banks/Arron Mosby in the few true 4-3 base snaps that we run.  I think Eric Wilson is a decent enough back-up at either of the other two ILB spots, but again, I am not sure he fits the classic fullback of the defense role of the Sam.  

man i've been seeing a lot of McDuffie love in this chat, and I applaud him for doing a good job down the stretch last season, but if he's a starter week 1 i'd be concerned. we should try and do better for that position group 

but i'll concede that he has some things going for him, namely that the DC is his old college coach. maybe Hafley makes McDuffie his green dot 

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Kool Aid scares me.   He's got like 2 picks in 2 years or something like that.  It's not the "be all end all" stat but it is concerning.

That’s bcuz he shut his side of the field down esp this season. QBs stayed away from him which led to Terrion Arnold getting a chance to shine. 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/kool-aid-mckinstry/146602/draft-profile

3 hours ago, The Truth said:

Every draft year I have  players that I don't want the Packer's to pick, this years candidates are Kool-Aid Mckinstry, Nate Wiggins, and Calen Bullock. Bullock doesn't tackle, Mckinstry lacks toughness and same for Wiggins. I really want a solid tackling defensive backfield, Mckinney was a good start. 

Who scares you?

Those are three guys I REALLY like except for the issues mentioned. I'd be super thrilled if the Packers selected them though because that means they think those issues either are fixable or not as big of a deal as I do. 

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

man i've been seeing a lot of McDuffie love in this chat, and I applaud him for doing a good job down the stretch last season, but if he's a starter week 1 i'd be concerned. we should try and do better for that position group 

but i'll concede that he has some things going for him, namely that the DC is his old college coach. maybe Hafley makes McDuffie his green dot 

Don't get me wrong, I am not calling for McDuffie to make pro-bowls or anything. I do think we will, and should, add to the LB room in this draft.  From what I saw last season, I don't think McDuffie is a liability.  He was at the very least competent.  They very well could replace him in the draft.  I just don't think it is a necessity, or that we would be boned if we were to start him all season.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

You think there is a player there? 

I think he did just fine filling in for Campbell last year. I wanna see what he can do in a full-time role for his former HC in a system he knows.

• Like 2

I feel like I would be pretty surprised if the Packers took a CB at 25.  Between Jaire, Stokes, Nixon (who's getting paid like a starting nickel), and Valentine/Ballentine I think that room is kind of full except for maybe a developmental type.  It's not like Hafley's thing isn't "developing DBs" so he probably wants to see what he's got before he wants turnover at the position group.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like I would be pretty surprised if the Packers took a CB at 25.  Between Jaire, Stokes, Nixon (who's getting paid like a starting nickel), and Valentine/Ballentine I think that room is kind of full except for maybe a developmental type.  It's not like Hafley's thing isn't "developing DBs" so he probably wants to see what he's got before he wants turnover at the position group.

Stokes is a free agent after this year and hasn't been able to play for the past two years basically. It's not most pressing need, but it's a premium position so if value is there, White Jesus, you might have to pick him. 

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

i agree, i don't think CB is a "need". i may be alone on this but i still have a lot of faith in Stokes ability. it's just the health with him obviously

i'd like to see what Hafley can do with these DBs, they were playing press in college but Barry had them doing the opposite 

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

the Packers also thought CB was deep enough to trade Rasul Douglas away

I think they traded Rasul away because they didn't think the playoffs were in the cards. Also, Stokes was supposedly coming back at that point, which didn't last long. I think Rasul also made a few comments about how things were going that didn't sit well with front office.