2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Just now, beekay414 said:

That's because I'm right

Obviously, the board is fluid.  If someone like Quinyon Mitchell is sitting there in the late teens, early 20s I think you'd be hard pressed to not be willing to move up if it's only going to cost a 3rd round pick and change.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Obviously, the board is fluid.  If someone like Quinyon Mitchell is sitting there in the late teens, early 20s I think you'd be hard pressed to not be willing to move up if it's only going to cost a 3rd round pick and change.

Mitchell will be long gone before then. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Mitchell will be long gone before then. 

I think Mitchell goes 10-13, but as I just said, if he survived past 15, he's the one guy I think Gute would pay extra to go get. Premium position and he hits every threshold. I think he's the only guy Gute would move up for in the 16-20 range. 

you guys don't think Gute might consider trading up for Terrion Arnold? if he's in that 16-20 range, i could see it

but i'm with you guys that i'd rather stick at 25 and then move up or down on day 2 

Just now, CWood21 said:

It's not going to be sexy by any means, but Graham Barton is going to be nearly impossible to pass up if he's still there at 41.

It's cute that you think he could be there at 41.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's not going to be sexy by any means, but Graham Barton is going to be nearly impossible to pass up if he's still there at 41.

it would be very sexy to get Graham Barton at 41 lol 

he's going to be a first rounder for sure 

• Like 5

I usually like any trade that Gute makes.  If it's a trade-up, it reflects that he really sees value for the player and ideal fit for our situation.  If he trades down, he's sacrificing nothing in talent but adds extra pick later, so that's a win too.  No trade reflects he's content with the value available at existing spot.  So kinda win-win-win whatever he does.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That would be a gift.  Guess it's possible but probably unlikely.  I'd be just fine taking him at #25.  Not a premium position get it but the dude is a stud.  Fautanu, DeJean, and Barton in that order at #25.  Think Gute is going to target Fautanu.  Nasty and versatile.  Great feet.  Makes too much sense.  Arnold and Mitchell will be long gone.  Don't think we have a shot at either of those guys.  Walk away with Fuatanu in RD. 1 follow up with Tampa in Rd 2 I'd be a happy man.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Still 3rd round IMO. See Carter, Jalen, dropped about 7 slots in the draft and what he did was much dumber. In hindsight, I think there are 9 teams that passed on him that wish they had a do over. I'll give the Texans a pass for Stroud. They'd still pick him. 

Carter is a different animal.  Premier top talent.  Swift is a 2 down run stuffer.  Bombed the combine think teams will have little tolerance to take a chance on a questionable talent to begin with.  All that being said your probably right.  All it takes is one team.  Wouldn't be surprised if he dropped a round tho...

10 minutes ago, persiandud said:

is it crazy that i think Barton could supplant Walker at LT? i don't think his arms are that short to which he's only a guard or a center in the NFL 

Yes.  He won't be able to beat out Walker.  He'd be a day 1 starter at RG.  Fautanu might have shot tho. Walker is pretty good think he's been a bit underrated because of his draft status.  He'll only get better.  He has the prototypical build for the position.  Not sure any rookie no matter who we drafted maybe with the exception of Alt could beat him out in year 1. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yes.  He won't be able to beat out Walker.  He'd be a day 1 starter at RG.  Fautanu might have shot tho. Walker is pretty good think he's been a bit underrated because of his draft status.  He'll only get better.  He has the prototypical build for the position.  Not sure any rookie no matter who we drafted maybe with the exception of Alt could beat him out in year 1. 

i think he can beat out Walker eventually. but i do agree he probably starts at RG

i'm probably not as high as you guys on Walker