2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

9 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

How many roster slots do we really have to draft for? 

There are probably 15-20 roster spots up for grabs, which is the case about every year. If they draft 11 players, all 11 will have a real chance to make the roster. That is not saying they all will, just that they have a real chance to do so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

is it crazy that i think Barton could supplant Walker at LT? i don't think his arms are that short to which he's only a guard or a center in the NFL 

I think it's possible, especially for us, who have allowed undersized players to stay at tackle. But I think most of us are assuming his best value immediately would be to compete with Rhyan instead of Walker. 

• Like 1

I think the most likely scenario regarding draft day trades is that the Packers trade back from 25 and up from 58 in order to get three picks in the sweet spot of the draft.

Like hypothetically you could trade 25 and 58 for 36 and 40 which I would do in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

How many roster slots do we really have to draft for? 

I would say that only the first five rounds are "guaranteed" to have a roster spot.

I'd say the following roster spots could see a player get taken in one of those guaranteed spots:

Offense (6): 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 OL

Defense (7): 1 DL, 1 ED, 2 LB, 3 DBs

So we could comfortably guarantee 13 spots to picks. 

Edited by Sandy

On 4/5/2024 at 7:02 PM, beekay414 said:

I wanna see what McDuffie can do playing for Hafley.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:18 PM, Old Guy said:

You think there is a player there? 

On 4/5/2024 at 7:20 PM, beekay414 said:

I think he did just fine filling in for Campbell last year. I wanna see what he can do in a full-time role for his former HC in a system he knows.

I know I'm late to the comment party on this one but.....it is McDuffie's contract year, too.  

It's all setting up for a very good year from him.

4 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Probably better to trust a rando on the internet that never watched McDuffie play at BC

Lol yes, the man with absolutely **** all to do on Saturdays in the fall never watched...checks notes...ACC football. 

15 hours ago, R T said:

Because you assume they are stupid moves doesn't mean they are stupid moves. 

There is no move the Packers make that you would criticize.   There have been many stupid moves over the years and people like you are silent about them.

There is nothing wrong with praising good moves and criticizing stupid moves.   It is what a forum is about, but people like you don't seem to understand this.

And the turds at PFF are a bunch of randos on the Internet. 

What was their score for Nakobe Dean at Georgia, by chance? 

Their scores have **** all to do with how they'll translate to the NFL because the talent around them matters way more in college. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Dean played like 6 snaps last year because he was hurt and needed surgery FWIW.  Maybe he'll be good this year, who knows.

He played 5 games in 2023.