2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Yeah, but his shoulder was all messed up when they drafted him.  That's why he "fell" in the draft and the Eagles for "a steal." 

He also didn't test. We'll see but he hasn't been great so far and hasn't held up either. The Eagles need LB just as bad as we apparently do. Yet PFF had Dean highly scored. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

The END Of the White Jesus dream is official! 

Wouldn't say that, but if Gute wants him, it's just going to cost extra. Have to imagine he'll be at the top of the list though following that workout: 

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's not going to be sexy by any means, but Graham Barton is going to be nearly impossible to pass up if he's still there at 41.

If we pass on Barton and he slides between 30-35, I think there's a decent chance Gute trades up for him. Our OL is going to get very expensive once Tom and Walker are up for new contracts and Jenkins might be looked at as a luxury at that point. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wouldn't say that, but if Gute wants him, it's just going to cost extra. Have to imagine he'll be at the top of the list though following that workout: 

He might be DB one with his versatility. Which would likely put him out of our range. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Seems like worthless data to me

I think it's more for "giving context to what fans are going to catch of their film".  Like when people trot out "he didn't give up a sack" when they're describing an offense that has a lot of RPO concepts, that's not especially meaningful.

NFL teams are going to actually go play by play, but most draft enthusiasts aren't.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dillard and Lucas suck, McGlinchey is very average, Isaiah Wynn kind of sucks. Smith and Darrisaw are really good. Seems like worthless data to me. 🤷

I don't think any data on a player is "worthless." But certainly, players are impacted by a number of external factors, both in college and in the NFL that can help, hurt or otherwise impact their own performance metrics.  

Edited by packfanfb

41 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He didn't do the agility tests?