2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

50 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't like him at all.  He is Micah Hyde 2.0.  Oh, it's third down? Just look for Hyde, he will be 3 steps behind his guy for the easy conversion.  

MIcah Hyde was not the problem, Buffalo proved that. The way we tried to play Micah Hyde was the problem. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Didn't know Newton was still doing a workout. 

Jeremiah Trotter is doing one tomorrow. Marshall OT Ethan Driskell and Texas WR Jordan Whittington have one on 4/14 and Jordan Travis has one 4/15.

33 minutes ago, MacReady said:

You said maybe here so I don’t know if I’m definitely supposed to do that or not.

See how absurd that sounds?

Everything here from everyone is conjecture. 

You are being overly hyperbolic. Both them and now.

10 minutes ago, spilltray said:

You are being overly hyperbolic. Both them and now.

Hi, I'm MacReady. Been here a while. Nice to make your acquaintance. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Chili said:

He didn't show up in my filtered list because he was under 185lbs.

I will have a look at him.

The google spreadsheet i'm looking at with all the data actually have him rated an UDFA. The nfl.com combine profile has him rated as "Average backup or special-teamer".

I see. I assume the weight thing is the least important of the criteria as you pointed out. 185 vs 183 is the difference of a big breakfast. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

MIcah Hyde was not the problem, Buffalo proved that. The way we tried to play Micah Hyde was the problem. 

Nah, Micah Hyde sucked.  He got DCs fired.

Draft DeJean if you want Micah Hyde or Josh Jackson.

5 hours ago, MacReady said:

He’s Minaj Fitzpatrick with a QB’s mind.

How is that a crack pipe theory? Injury is literally his only concern.

K, which one of you clowns is Bukowski...lol.

• Like 4

At the end of the day this choice is going to come down to what Gute wants to do.  He has more info at his fingertips than all of us combined.  We all have our favorites, but I trust the process.  

Breaking News:  Gute is pretty good at this.  We can all speculate, and it's fun to look at the prospects and scenarios, but I 100% trust his ability and judgement.

40 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's no Bertie Boatsman

We should collectively operate a really high quality Packers content account under the name Bertie Boatsman. We'll all only need to be 1/20th of a real reporter

I was just watching the latest Collab mock draft with Connor Rogers and Trevor Sikkema hosting the Bootleg football guys (Kollman and Snyder) for a mock draft.

The interesting point (to me) was that 8 OTs were taken in round one, with the thinking being (by many of the teams picking them) that they can get a good WR in round 2, so they take the OT in round one as the comparative value of an OT in round 2 is much lower. Two of them (Guyton and Morgan) went after pick 25, the rest before. The Packers actual selection here was Graham Barton which they thought was an excellent pick and a very Packery pick (and I do like him here, he is my 'default pick' if no-one I like better has dropped).

So, for those that want an OT at #25 and don't think Barton is the guy (for OT), then you have Guyton, Morgan, Suamataia or maybe a developmental project like Amegadjie.

Myself, I'd probably go Barton, though DL Murphy is a very good alternative (he was the top value pick still on the board in the Collab draft and is often there in various mocks I do). Other favourites like DeJean and JPJ are already off the board. Verse was still on the board too, but I have no idea if the Packers would covet him in their new 4-3 system. I'd try to pick up OT Amegadjie, either at 58 or 89 (possibly moving up from 89 in the 3rd for him).

PS For the CB Wiggins fans, yes he was still there at 25, but I don't think he is a Packers type pick with his skinny build.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

I see. I assume the weight thing is the least important of the criteria as you pointed out. 185 vs 183 is the difference of a big breakfast. 

The Packers very rarely draft CBs below 190lbs. There was so few in this draft I had lower the threshold to a nice round number of 185lbs to get a larger list of players.

So its actually 183lbs vs 190lbs. The fact he still doesn't make the altered list is probably a knock against him in their eyes.

Edited by Chili

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It was the moment we drafted LVN that I’ve been on DeJean.

Watched a highlight video of LVN and I have never in my life seen a more beautiful pick six than the one DeJean had on an LVN pressure.

Tracked the ball like a WR. Ran the route, tracked it in the air, caught it like a WR and ran it back.

Dug into him. Saw he was a 97 sport star, QB experience, dude can do it all.

Only thing I don’t know about is his tackling. Ninjas is the best comparison for him as a cover DB.

• Like 1