2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Ian Rapoport -   Texas WR Xavier Worthy, who broke the Combine record for the 40 with a 4.21, is visiting  the AZCardinals today, source said. As they continue to do work on the top WRs. He was with the Bears yesterday.

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

Too light to draft with a premium pick.

Brian Burns would beg to differ. 

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

i actually think that sort of speed rusher is missing in our pass rush stable 

I'd love to draft Chop as well. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Brian Burns would beg to differ. 

I'd love to draft Chop as well. 

Why. For all his alleged traits....no production. That's against college kids.  Literally averaged 2 tackles a game for his career. 11 sacks over three years.  He's only 6'3 240.

Hard pass.

13 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Why. For all his alleged traits....no production. That's against college kids.  Literally averaged 2 tackles a game for his career. 11 sacks over three years.  He's only 6'3 240.

Hard pass.

That's more than twice as many sacks as Clay had in 4 years.

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

That's more than twice as many sacks as Clay had in 4 years.

Oh my God! You're right! Your logic says he'll be twice the player CMIII will be! You are soooo insightful!

Please find more exceptions!

Really though....hard pass.

39 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Hard pass.

Look at Gary and Van Ness production. Sometimes you draft traits and develop the rest. 

41 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Oh my God! You're right! Your logic says he'll be twice the player CMIII will be! You are soooo insightful!

Please find more exceptions!

Really though....hard pass.

It's funny.  Cuz you think you're being sarcastic to me. But really it's your own reasoning you're upset with.

But since you asked TJ Watt had the same amount of sacks during his collegiate career.  Danielle hunter only had 4.5 through 3 years. Jon Greenard only had 10. (Also forgot the obvious example, micah parsons with his 6.5 sacks)

And that's 3 of the top 10 in sack leaders this past year. (I searched like 5 players in a "sack leaders" list and found 3 so I'm sure there's more)

So pass alllll you want but your logic is bad.

And now just for funsies. Zombo and Ricky Elmore had 25 college sacks each. So I bet they were standouts for GB.... RIGHT?!??! THANKS FOR UNCOVERING THIS MASTERFUL INSIGHT!!!

Edited by HighCalebR

Hoping the Packers take a look at Iowa Punter Tory Taylor later in the draft.  He averaged 48.2 yards playing in the cold climates of the Big 10.  

40 of his 93 punts went for 50 or more yards.  He set a FBS record for the most punting yards in a season last year.  That record stood for 85 years.

Hes one of those Australian dudes and he's 27 years old.  Worth a late round pick?

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   Texas WR Xavier Worthy, who broke the Combine record for the 40 with a 4.21, is visiting  the AZCardinals today, source said. As they continue to do work on the top WRs. He was with the Bears yesterday.

John Ross Pt. II

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So what players could you see the Packers drafting at positions they are already fairly strong at with reasonably high picks?  The one I keep coming back to is Malachi Corley as the 5th WR- I think there's a real chance he's a store brand Deebo Samuel.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I like a lot of the DL in this draft.  The position already has some depth to it, but I could easily take a kid in the 2nd through 4'th or 5'th round and feel good about it.  And it isn't just one guy, there's a whole slew of them that I could take and be quite happy with.

These are the two position groups I see some intrigue in using a day 2 pick on. Deep drafts at both positions, you can get some real talent falling later than it should. Good teams take advantage of that. 

Edited by Sandy

I have no idea where you play Chop in a 4-3, 32.5" arms, play weight in the 240s, just don't see it. You'd have to hope he can be Parsons and play off-ball linebacker on base downs and then get on the LOS and rush in the sub package, I don't see it. 

Odds are we'll be much higher on his teammate, Isaac, in Rd 2 if we want a rush end. Similar play weight but you've got a 6'4+ body and 34" arms to work with there. That's a guy you can get to 260 and feel OK about his hand in the dirt. 

I think they feel pretty good about the rushers on the edge going into the season, if they take someone to get after to QB it's going to be Murphy, Newton, Robinson or Fiske and they're coming from the 2i - 4i tech range.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I have no idea where you play Chop in a 4-3, 32.5" arms, play weight in the 240s, just don't see it. You'd have to hope he can be Parsons and play off-ball linebacker on base downs and then get on the LOS and rush in the sub package, I don't see it. 

Odds are we'll be much higher on his teammate, Isaac, in Rd 2 if we want a rush end. Similar play weight but you've got a 6'4+ body and 34" arms to work with there. That's a guy you can get to 260 and feel OK about his hand in the dirt. 

I think they feel pretty good about the rushers on the edge going into the season, if they take someone to get after to QB it's going to be Murphy, Newton, Robinson or Fiske and they're coming from the 2i - 4i tech range.

For added reference, Dwight Freeny was a small end.  He was listed at 268.  KGB was 250, and we know that teams loved running at him when possible.

• Like 1