2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Yeah no problem with the hesitation on the size. I'm not really in on Chop myself.. I just think if you're always passing on prospects because they didn't put up gaudy stats in college you're going to be passing on a lot of talented players.

Although very easy to see why someone would be excited about deploying him. 1st round just not the spot where you want get creative to find a way to get the guy out there.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Hoping the Packers take a look at Iowa Punter Tory Taylor later in the draft.  He averaged 48.2 yards playing in the cold climates of the Big 10.  

40 of his 93 punts went for 50 or more yards.  He set a FBS record for the most punting yards in a season last year.  That record stood for 85 years.

Hes one of those Australian dudes and he's 27 years old.  Worth a late round pick?

Worth a UDFA pickup, maybe a 7th. Couldn't hurt. Probably is neither a net positive or net negative in the other aspects of the game, such as Holding, compared to Whelan.

Ross Uglem -  Every OT the Packers have taken in the 1st four rounds since 2007:

🏈 taller than 6040
🏈 shorter than 6056
🏈 heavier than 299
🏈 lighter than 322
🏈 shuttle in 4.75 or less
🏈 28 or more college starts (avg. # is 35)

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Look at Gary and Van Ness production. Sometimes you draft traits and develop the rest. 

But...Gary is 6'5 275 and VanNess is 6'4 270.  I just don't see Chop on the Packers board at that size.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

It's funny.  Cuz you think you're being sarcastic to me. But really it's your own reasoning you're upset with.

But since you asked TJ Watt had the same amount of sacks during his collegiate career.  Danielle hunter only had 4.5 through 3 years. Jon Greenard only had 10. (Also forgot the obvious example, micah parsons with his 6.5 sacks)

And that's 3 of the top 10 in sack leaders this past year. (I searched like 5 players in a "sack leaders" list and found 3 so I'm sure there's more)

So pass alllll you want but your logic is bad.

And now just for funsies. Zombo and Ricky Elmore had 25 college sacks each. So I bet they were standouts for GB.... RIGHT?!??! THANKS FOR UNCOVERING THIS MASTERFUL INSIGHT!!!

Nice! You put a whole lot of apples and oranges together!  All predicated on one Stat. NICE.

Chop averaged two tackles per game(that includes assists). Besides tackles could you include size and system in your next rebuttal? 

Thanks, but it is still a hard pass

29 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Nice! You put a whole lot of apples and oranges together!  All predicated on one Stat. NICE.

Chop averaged two tackles per game(that includes assists). Besides tackles could you include size and system in your next rebuttal? 

I like how you guys are agreeing hostilely.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Imagine giving a **** about tackles from a DL. You hyperbolized the **** outta this argument first so i just followed suit.

The whole *** point of my 5 word original response is college stats matter almost not at all.

Great hard pass. That's why I didn't include his size in my response. You're allowed to hard pass. But being concerned he only had 11 sacks is dumb as hell.

Edited by HighCalebR

•     If I were to take a smaller DE/EDGE in this draft, I'd probably be looking at that Utah kid, Elliss.   (And not in the first round)

But I really like how he plays.  

He's gotten better (in PFF grades) every year.

Played 31 games.  19 sacks.  52 hurries.

Just has really nice hands to go with some speed rush moves.  Little smaller and lacks some strength, but makes up for it with hands and quickness.  

Reminds me of someone that we used to have and won a Super Bowl with.  CM3.  

I wouldn't absolutely hate Chop but I'd be a bit disappointed. I want a guy that can be more of an impact right away rather than a rotational depth edge.

OL/DB/Off ball LB are the biggest spots this could happen.

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

But...Gary is 6'5 275 and VanNess is 6'4 270.  I just don't see Chop on the Packers board at that size.

Two ways to look at this.  One is that the Packers have the beefy explosive guys in house that allows them to spend a premium picks on a change up.  The other is that the Packers draft history indicates the type of guys they like.

It's obvious they've discussed this internally since Gute made the comments about "you can get small in a hurry" at the combine.

So I keep hearing how Cooper DeJean is an "elite" athlete.

I don't get it.

He's a CB/S tweener so it seems fair to compare him to all the CBs, S, WRs, and TEs at the combine.

How does he stack up?

His 4.43 forty was ~25th best.

His 38.5" vert was ~30th best.

His 10'4" broad was ~40th best.

That's not even close to elite IMO.

• Like 2