2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Do you think that has anything to do with where the draft is this year?  (I do not know, and feel like it doesn't matter)

Because...if guys don't want to go to (looks it up), Detroit, who is to say they will want to come to Green Bay for the draft next year?

Location was my initial reaction, but who knows. Agree with @HighCalebR who wants to go and be embarrassed as you begin to drop down draft boards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I said the same thing in Spilltray's mock draft.  I really think Cooper is going to go in the 20s or 30s, rather than mid to late second round. He has elite speed, and above average explosion testing per RAS.  He is a little light, but I think that will be fine as long as he doesn't constantly get entangled with OL.  In the tests that both of them ran, Cooper is pretty similar to Patrick Queen, who was drafted 28th overall. 

He's the clear top linebacker and some teams draft for need in the first. I agree that someone will fall in love and jump on him early. 

There's an article on profootballtalk.   Says NFL only invited 15 to the Draft and Alt/Bowers declined.   Also said they are putting fewer cameras in prospect's homes to film reactions.     

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Location was my initial reaction, but who knows. Agree with @HighCalebR who wants to go and be embarrassed as you begin to drop down draft boards. 

It could go either way. It's also a pretty poor LB class and he's just best of the lot at a low value position. I could make the case that in a decent LB class 41 might even be a bit high for him he's a nice prospect but not a special one in any way.

21 minutes ago, spilltray said:

It could go either way. It's also a pretty poor LB class and he's just best of the lot at a low value position. I could make the case that in a decent LB class 41 might even be a bit high for him he's a nice prospect but not a special one in any way.

Can you clarify what you are talking about? This conversation was about how few players were actually going to the draft this year. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Can you clarify what you are talking about? This conversation was about how few players were actually going to the draft this year. 

I meant to quote dave

• Like 1

How well does Cooper score for personality, brains, coachability, decision-making, motor, all of that non-combine non-RAS stuff?  Seems like anticipation and quick decision-making is essential for star linebackers.  If the Packers love him on all of that, I'll love it if we end up drafting him.  But a part of me says that if "He's the clear top linebacker and someone will fall in love and jump on him early...", I'd hope it wouldn't be us.  If somebody else picks Cooper over some other good prospect, that's one extra good prospect still available for us at 41.  

20 minutes ago, craig said:

How well does Cooper score for personality, brains, coachability, decision-making, motor, all of that non-combine non-RAS stuff?  Seems like anticipation and quick decision-making is essential for star linebackers.  If the Packers love him on all of that, I'll love it if we end up drafting him.  But a part of me says that if "He's the clear top linebacker and someone will fall in love and jump on him early...", I'd hope it wouldn't be us.  If somebody else picks Cooper over some other good prospect, that's one extra good prospect still available for us at 41.  

Which Cooper? DeJean or Edgerrin? 

4 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I just feel like if you're not a guaranteed top 15 pick what's the risk/reward for you?

Are they compensated for their troubles? Best case scenario you shake commishs hand. Worst case you get a camera in your face as you slide down the board.

I would rather have a private gathering with friends and family so they could show us sitting around playing Euchre and making spawn sacks for fishing!

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I said the same thing in Spilltray's mock draft.  I really think Cooper is going to go in the 20s or 30s, rather than mid to late second round. He has elite speed, and above average explosion testing per RAS.  He is a little light, but I think that will be fine as long as he doesn't constantly get entangled with OL.  In the tests that both of them ran, Cooper is pretty similar to Patrick Queen, who was drafted 28th overall. 

Agreed 100%. If we want him, we’re prolly going to have to take him at 25. 

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

The linebacker class collectively may be poor but that shouldn't reflect on the individual.    I'd make the case that Cooper is a better linebacker prospect than Quay was.     Could also be possible he **** the bed in his Top 30 visit and/or may not be a personality fit.   On field talent though, he's end 1, top 2 talent imo.    I really like the idea of adding to the OL or a top DB talent, but if Cooper is the choice, I'll be really happy too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

He says linebacker multiple times in his post lol

OK, then it was Cooper Beebe, thanks for the clarification. 😁

Edited by Old Guy