2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Don't be surprised if the Packers go with a OT like Guyton at #25, then follow up with the BYU OT or the like at #41. 

Sounds like there's a good chance Tom is going to center if not this year than in 2025.  

Demofsky wrote the Packers think Tom could be a Pro Bowl RT,  A all pro Guard or a HOF Center.  He might be moving to Center, Doesnt bode well for Meyers who's contract is up after this year.  We'll see.

Nothing is etched in stone, just don't be surprised.

Edited by NFLGURU

22 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Don't be surprised if the Packers go with a OT like Guyton at #25, then follow up with the BYU OT or the like at #41. 

Sounds like there's a good chance Tom is going to center if not this year than in 2025.  

Demofsky wrote the Packers think Tom could be a Pro Bowl RT,  A all pro Guard or a HOF Center.  He might be moving to Center, Doesnt bode well for Meyers who's contract is up after this year.  We'll see.

You don't take a top 5 RT, and make him a Center. Nor would Tom's agent allow that to happen and miss our on 10-15m a yr unless we want to pay a C top Tackle money(which we won't)

Edited by Mdpackfan22
  • Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

Rob Demosky is the guy you listen to when you want to learn what Aaron Rodgers had for lunch. 

Demovsky sure is getting a lot of run out of this.  Especially considering it's not much more than rumor mongering.  Sports "journalism" at its finest.  Maybe he should have reserved this juicy tidbit for the ESPN+ subscribers.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Demovsky sure is getting a lot of run out of this.  Especially considering it's not much more than rumor mongering.  Sports "journalism" at its finest.  Maybe he should have reserved this juicy tidbit for the ESPN+ subscribers.

He’s been spiraling ever since Aaron went to NY and he didn’t get to follow him there. 

53 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

You don't take a top 5 RT, and make him a Center. Nor would Tom's agent allow that to happen and miss our on 10-15m a yr unless we want to pay a C top Tackle money(which we won't)

I've already said this, but the Packers literally did this before with the guy currently playing left guard. 

2 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

I've already said this, but the Packers literally did this before with the guy currently playing left guard. 

Jenkins was not a good RT. Tom is arguably a top 5 RT in the league

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Bro. I would be very surprised if that that happened lol. I think most people would.

3 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Completely different circumstances. Plus, notice how Jenkins is back at his Pro Bowl position. 

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

There's an article on profootballtalk.   Says NFL only invited 15 to the Draft and Alt/Bowers declined.   Also said they are putting fewer cameras in prospect's homes to film reactions.     

While I’ve read numerous comments about how they are being cheap, in actuality, the show is better off less “show” and more NFL Draft coverage. Will I miss the memes? Yes. But the amount of commercials and the speed of picks already is enough content. I’d rather have a guaranteed 2 minutes of prospect coverage for each selection than the mistimed in home shots and green room vanity. 

If you miss the 15 minutes per pick gimme a hell yeah.

I don't know why people push back on the idea that the Packers may prefer to have a prototypical RT and what is likely to be a guaranteed upgrade on the interior. It makes no sense to me.

Edited by ReasonablySober

22 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Jenkins was not a good RT. Tom is arguably a top 5 RT in the league

Sorry @Mdpackfan22 I used the wrong quote. Agree with your post. 

Jenkins was OK at RT, he was elite at LG prior to his injury. 

Edited by Old Guy

NY Post -  Ranking the top 10 running backs in 2024 NFL Draft:

1. Jaylen Wright, Tennessee, 5-10, 210
2. Jonathon Brooks, Texas, 6-0, 216
3. Blake Corum, Michigan, 5-8, 205
4. Trey Benson, Florida State, 6-0, 216
5. Bucky Irving, Oregon, 5-9, 192
6. MarShawn Lloyd, USC, 5-9, 220
7. Audric Estime, Notre Dame, 5-11, 221
8. Ray Davis, Kentucky, 5-8, 211
9. Braelon Allen, Wisconsin, 6-1, 235
10. Will Shipley, Clemson, 5-11, 206

https://nypost.com/2024/04/12/sports/ranking-the-top-10-running-backs-in-2024-nfl-draft/