2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

24 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

While I’ve read numerous comments about how they are being cheap, in actuality, the show is better off less “show” and more NFL Draft coverage. Will I miss the memes? Yes. But the amount of commercials and the speed of picks already is enough content. I’d rather have a guaranteed 2 minutes of prospect coverage for each selection than the mistimed in home shots and green room vanity. 

If you miss the 15 minutes per pick gimme a hell yeah.

I'd be happy if they spent less time with the "show" and more on player coverage.   I could do without the 2nd rnd gimmicks and the 3rd day GM interviews and just keep talking about the players.

Same goes for the Combine.   It's maddening to have the players working out on the field and instead of talking about the prospects they have a player/GM/coach/celebrity in the booth talking nonsense for 20 minutes at a time

what I want to know is...what do you think of NATE WIGGINS, aka Twiggins? And are you drink'n the KOOL-AID? I'm assuming there's a 50/50 chance we "likely" take a cornerback with our first round pick. I say, "likely" because both TT and his protege Gute, have a track record of tricking the packer faithful. Either way I'm expecting Terrion Arnold, Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper DeJean to all be off the board at pick 25. I also hope we don't trade up because I love players in rounds 2 and 3 this year, I think it is the sweet spot for several kickass players. So with that being said, are you on board with the Pack selecting either Wiggins or Kool-Aid? Personally I'm starting to warm up to both, but I'm leaning towards Kool-Aid because after Erik Stokes and Kevin King and even Jaire to an extent being injury prone, I don't want a skinny guy manning the boundary. So my hope is we take Kool-Aid. I think he is a good player who I expect to be a starting caliber corner who will hopefully have a long a productive career in the NFL. I don't need a hall of famer. I just want someone who can play solid and help us get to the super bowl. But hay, Darrekke Revis was picked at spot 24, so I can dream. Okay, let me know what you think?

5 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

what I want to know is...what do you think of NATE WIGGINS, aka Twiggins? And are you drink'n the KOOL-AID? I'm assuming there's a 50/50 chance we "likely" take a cornerback with our first round pick. I say, "likely" because both TT and his protege Gute, have a track record of tricking the packer faithful. Either way I'm expecting Terrion Arnold, Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper DeJean to all be off the board at pick 25. I also hope we don't trade up because I love players in rounds 2 and 3 this year, I think it is the sweet spot for several kickass players. So with that being said, are you on board with the Pack selecting either Wiggins or Kool-Aid? Personally I'm starting to warm up to both, but I'm leaning towards Kool-Aid because after Erik Stokes and Kevin King and even Jaire to an extent being injury prone, I don't want a skinny guy manning the boundary. So my hope is we take Kool-Aid. I think he is a good player who I expect to be a starting caliber corner who will hopefully have a long a productive career in the NFL. I don't need a hall of famer. I just want someone who can play solid and help us get to the super bowl. But hay, Darrekke Revis was picked at spot 24, so I can dream. Okay, let me know what you think?

Honestly I don't want either of them.  Wiggins is only 173lbs soaking wet and can't tackle.  Pass.  I'd be on board with Kool Aid but a little worried about the Jones fracture in his foot.  Guess he had the surgery and it is healing well.  Still though it's a concern.  If he indeed checks out medically I guess it would be OK.  Might be a little early at #25 but trading back a few spots and scoring a 4th I'd be cool with it.  Much rather grab some talent on the OL.  

There is good depth at CB in the middle rounds.  So if we don't go CB early there will be plenty of opportunities to add to the group later on.  That's my take. 

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Honestly I don't want either of them.  Wiggins is only 173lbs soaking wet and can't tackle.  Pass.  I'd be on board with Kool Aid but a little worried about the Jones fracture in his foot.  Guess he had the surgery and it is healing well.  Still though it's a concern.  If he indeed checks out medically I guess it would be OK.  Might be a little early at #25 but trading back a few spots and scoring a 4th I'd be cool with it.  Much rather grab some talent on the OL.  

There is good depth at CB in the middle rounds.  So if we don't go CB early there will be plenty of opportunities to add to the group later on.  That's my take. 

Yeah Wiggins size alone drops him hard for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

While I’ve read numerous comments about how they are being cheap, in actuality, the show is better off less “show” and more NFL Draft coverage. Will I miss the memes? Yes. But the amount of commercials and the speed of picks already is enough content. I’d rather have a guaranteed 2 minutes of prospect coverage for each selection than the mistimed in home shots and green room vanity. 

If you miss the 15 minutes per pick gimme a hell yeah.

I miss the 2 day draft, 15 minutes per pick 1st round so bad, bro. Those were the days.

Unfortunately, even with less prospects invited and less cameras in the homes, I’ll bet the coverage won’t be any less fluffy. Day 3 will still be the talking heads ignoring pick after pick to talk about the 4-5 first QBs taken and which players’ suffered tragic parental deaths vs. analyzing anything from the college tape. There will be ads during every Packers pick. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I miss the 2 day draft, 15 minutes per pick 1st round so bad, bro. Those were the days.

Unfortunately, even with less prospects invited and less cameras in the homes, I’ll bet the coverage won’t be any less fluffy. Day 3 will still be the talking heads ignoring pick after pick to talk about the 4-5 first QBs taken and which players’ suffered tragic parental deaths vs. analyzing anything from the college tape. There will be ads during every Packers pick. 

This is a given. Literally everyone here knows this. We are a franchise that pushes the ratings Greek, underground, nothing but Adonis’ hard. I’ll be paying attention now actually to what kind of commercials they hit us specifically with. Alcohol is at +200.

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

I'd be happy if they spent less time with the "show" and more on player coverage.   I could do without the 2nd rnd gimmicks and the 3rd day GM interviews and just keep talking about the players.

Same goes for the Combine.   It's maddening to have the players working out on the field and instead of talking about the prospects they have a player/GM/coach/celebrity in the booth talking nonsense for 20 minutes at a time

They don’t even understand the ratings could be doubled if they got out of their own way.

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Could also be the Packers throwing out some smoke.

It could be a huge draft conspiracy to throw us all off the scent....then again, it might not.
Who's to say...and the mystery (or conspiracy...) deepens...or does it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Anything is possible, but it would be pretty weird to bring in nothing but RT only prospects for visits if you weren't considering moving Tom inside.

Mims and Guyton are definitely not RTO.

Guyton was blindsaide at Ok.