2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

I think they want to do both.  Spending on Jacobs implies running the ball is a priority 

He's a pretentious turd. Let him be. Save yourself the IQ points and wasted keystrokes my friend. He's another fart in the wind.

Edited by beekay414

10 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Spell it out for me.

Here are the pertinent posts.....

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

If we want to run the ball. Rhyan and Myers have more of a spot on than Walker.

13 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

I think they want to pass the ball. 

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

I think they want to do both.  Spending on Jacobs implies running the ball is a priority 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's a pretentious turd. Let him be. Save yourself the IQ points and wasted keystrokes my friend. He's another fart in the wind.

14 hours ago, squire12 said:

Not sure if Tom has taken any snaps at guard in regular season games.  Pretty sure he has in preseason games

I am almost certain that Tom played right guard in replacement of Newman against Minnesota, as a rookie.  

Just now, moretti19 said:

How good of a pass rusher is Edgerin Cooper? Any possibility he could play Defensive end on passing downs?

Just no. Blitzing from an off ball position is nothing like rushing from the edge. Cooper is a capable Blitzer but not at all an edge.

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am almost certain that Tom played right guard in replacement of Newman against Minnesota, as a rookie.  

Tom played 4 positions as a rookie. I thought RG was the one position he didn't play. I know he started games at LG and LT.

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Tom played 4 positions as a rookie. I thought RG was the one position he didn't play. I know he started games at LG and LT.

You could be correct.  Did Newman also play some RT that season? I have a memory of Tom coming in for Newman and stabilizing a position.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

You are so missing the point of his comment.

I actually LOL'd when I read it.  I can agree that it wasn't immediately clear who beekay was referring to, but damn.