2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Ran a pff mock today.

Wiggins, koolaid, powersjohnson, nubin, wilson, guyton, frazier were available. 

Will be pretty bummed if the board falls this way on draft day. Powersjohnson slight lean over koolaid for me there. 

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

Ran a pff mock today.

Will be pretty bummed if the board falls this way on draft day. Powersjohnson slight lean over koolaid for me there. 

I’d be happy with Wiggins or Guyton in that scenario, and I’d probably feel okay about JPJ too if he can play guard. 

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Ran a pff mock today.

That's what it will be...

• Like 1

Wiggins scares the **** out of me. 

He is little. 

I get that you're giving something up when you're looking for these corners that can iso up on the boundary, but with as much as NFL teams are running so much bull**** behind the line of scrimmage now a days, I have tremendous fear that he's going to struggle tackle. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Wasn't Mims one of the top 30 visits?  If so, GB either has a handle on his agility, or he's off Gute's board.

Or.....GB now has a handle on his agility....and...he's off their board.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Ran a pff mock today.

That board is actually fine to me.  

I'd order them like this....  Guyton, JPJ, Kool Aid, Frazier.  Those would be my four that I'd be just fine taking.

And I'd be looking to trade down a little, if possible, and still secure one.

My default would always be Guyton over the others because of premium position of LT and just an enormous ceiling.  JPJ next because he can play guard and center, I totally expect him to be guard for one year, then take over for Myers.  Frazier is the same for me, only a little less than JPJ.  Kool Aid would be a fall back if the other two are not there, and he's over Frazier because of premium position.

28 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Ran a pff mock today.

PFF always goes nuts taking the RD1 OL whenever I run their simulator.  I'm actually curious now to see how the actual draft plays out.

58 minutes ago, R T said:

I was responding to your post. Giving the counterpoint that you don't need to have a panic attack over the OL situation. You know, like things people do on an internet board. 

Hyperbole much? There was non panic in my post but you keep doing you.      

Which is to add nothing to the conversation other than pick fly **** out of pepper. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Ran a pff mock today.

I usually run 2 or 3 before I go to sleep.  I don't know if it is just the way they make the sims, but I seem to always have a trade offer that is just too good to pass up.  Like 5 guys left on the board that I like and a trade down to 28 or something.  What I am finding is that most of my favorite players go from about 30-50.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I usually run 2 or 3 before I go to sleep.  I don't know if it is just the way they make the sims, but I seem to always have a trade offer that is just too good to pass up.  Like 5 guys left on the board that I like and a trade down to 28 or something.  What I am finding is that most of my favorite players go from about 30-50.

I usually like 1 or 2 guys at 25. Then i see a tier i like the value for between 35-50. then a tier after 80

46 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

PFF always goes nuts taking the RD1 OL whenever I run their simulator.  I'm actually curious now to see how the actual draft plays out.

Espns board is so different from pff. mdd also is quite different. As is nfl draft buzz. I dont remember it being this variable in the lead up.

I definitely see a lot of tackles going R1 across all sites though

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wiggins scares the **** out of me. 

He is little. 

I get that you're giving something up when you're looking for these corners that can iso up on the boundary, but with as much as NFL teams are running so much bull**** behind the line of scrimmage now a days, I have tremendous fear that he's going to struggle tackle. 

Yea maybe theres a team out there that can make it work but the idea of him trying to cover aj brown does not excite me.