2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He was behind Broderick Jones last year, still played 383 snaps as OT3, this year he had the high ankle sprain, elected the tight rope surgery to come back faster. 

2 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Mims was the #2 rated OT in his class and the #5 overall prospect. I think it's reasonable to assume he probably would have played more had he gone to just about any other school than Georgia. Instead he went to one of the most loaded programs in college football history. 

You two are turning me around on him.

His PFF scores look like Packer scores.  Very good pass block, meh run block.

And...his scores, while not excellent, are light years better than Guyton's scores on PFF.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

PFF had Mims ranked in the 50's, but, many guys in front of him have very few snaps and I can't find how to fine tune the snap counts.  Mims snaps are low, under 300, but many guys scored have fewer than 100.

From what I'm looking at regarding the PFF scores, Patrick Paul seems like great value outside of the first round, based on how he scored.  Throw in a 9.69 RAS and it wouldn't shock me if we rank him higher than Mims, Guyton and Barton.

And for all the stuff talked about concerning Morgan on here....his scores were excellent, too.  Better than Guyton and Mims.  Guytons scores look pretty terrible, compared to the others I listed.

Yeah when Guyton started being brought up I mentioned Patrick Paul who is basically the same build and ras as Guyton with a 3rd round grade. Rosser had him in his mock too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You two are turning me around on him.

His PFF scores look like Packer scores.  Very good pass block, meh run block.

And...his scores, while not excellent, are light years better than Guyton's scores on PFF.

I'll be surprised if he makes it to 25 to be honest. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If he was such a great athlete and player, then why was he on a practice squad?

Why didn't he produce in GB until all the injuries hit?

He's a JAG.  But he's also a good JAG.  Again, we actually drafted a kid and stashed him on IR who looked better than Melton did in pre-season.  And there are only so many jobs open.  He's far from a lock.

The difference between Dubose, Heath, Melton, and Toure is miniscule.  We can all have our favorites, but we do need to remember what they are.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Mims sprained an ankle, ankle issues...lol 

While RAS seems to think the bigger the better, I'm not sure the Packers like the really big OTs early on.

Certainly they will take huge guys late and gamble they can can at least be a backup, (Jones 6'9, 370, Tenuta 6'8", 317) but with the tackles they are higher on, I think they like the 6'4" to 6'6", guys that are 310 to 325 lbs, like Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Sherrod who are all in that range.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

While RAS seems to think the bigger the better, I'm not sure the Packers like the really big OTs early on.

Certainly they will take huge guys late and gamble they can can at least be a backup, (Jones 6'9, 370, Tenuta 6'8", 317) but with the tackles they are higher on, I think they like the 6'4" to 6'6", guys that are 310 to 325 lbs, like Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Sherrod who are all in that range.

That is what the data shows, correct. Only takes one pick to break the trend, like they did twice in 2022. Would I bet on it? Nope. Won't rule it out either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Gutes will draft what his coaches like and feel they need to be successful and Stenavich loves OTs with length. Those claiming they won't draft tall OTs probably aren't keeping up with the changes. IMHO  

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Brother-Cousin.

So, you come from a long line of Yankoff's is what you are saying. 

Disclaimer: Was posted completely in fun and with zero mean spiritedness intended, hopefully no one loses their mind over it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Mims sprained an ankle, ankle issues...lol 

High ankle sprain first game this last season.

Required surgery.

Came back for the last game.

Reinjured the same ankle.

350 lbs.

Lol yourself. 

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

High ankle sprain first game this last season.

Required surgery.

Came back for the last game.

Reinjured the same ankle.

350 lbs.

Lol yourself. 

Your draft board must have like 25 non-medical reds on it.

Mims carries 350 like you would carry 210. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Your draft board must have like 25 non-medical reds on it.

Mims carries 350 like you would carry 210. 

Nope. Just him. Don't trust him.

He's my Tony Mandarich.