2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, a mid to late round set of legs make sense, but it seems highly unlikely that a mid to late round guy is going to displace Dillon as the #2 this year. 

I think it depends what you mean by #2.

#2 RB when Jacobs is healthy? Absolutely Dillon

A #2 guy that you feel good giving a bulk of the carries if Jacobs is dinged up? This is where I'd rather have a rookie.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, a mid to late round set of legs make sense, but it seems highly unlikely that a mid to late round guy is going to displace Dillon as the #2 this year. 

I think they really like Wilson too.

• Like 1

We’ll see how high they take a back this year. If they want a Bucky Irving type or want to continue with a stable of bruisers. I hope we have at least one guy in there who has blazing speed as a change up.

The way I see it, OL will get some priority picks but all offense will be luxury this year and hope it’s truly BPA when use our picks there. Defense will be getting a major infusion and I hope Hafley, Gute and the draft are all right in tune.  By this time next week, we will be discussing a whole bunch of new Packers. Pretty damn exciting!

I think Estime's testing doesn't translate to his tape honestly. He plays faster than his testing. He's way better in pads IMO. That and he's a ******* monster when the box is loaded. He's going to be the back that shocks from this class. He's got great feet in tight and he's what we thought AJ Dillon would've been. 

• Like 1

I like ajd and think it will be the best year of his career. I doubt he is a packer next year.

Would love bucky, shipley, wright, guerendo.

Fine with corum, benson, davis.

Two would be totally good by me

Edited by HokieHigh

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I think Estime's testing doesn't translate to his tape honestly. He plays faster than his testing. He's way better in pads IMO. That and he's a ******* monster when the box is loaded. He's going to be the back that shocks from this class. He's got great feet in tight and he's what we thought AJ Dillon would've been. 

I agree.  But, once we retained Dillon, both Estime and Allen are pretty much off the board for me.  They are both redundant with Dillon back, and Jacobs is also a capable power back.  In my mind, I want a different kind of back to complete the room.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I agree.  But, once we retained Dillon, both Estime and Allen are pretty much off the board for me.  They are both redundant with Dillon back, and Jacobs is also a capable power back.  In my mind, I want a different kind of back to complete the room.

That's honestly a shortsighted take. Gute doesn't draft with one year plans in mind. Jacobs is much better as an elusive back than a power back and Estime has the ability to supplant Dillon as RB2 and the true power back. There's no reason to think that Estime couldn't be the thunder and Jacobs the lightning.

• Like 1

What do you guys think of RB Marshawn Lloyd, USC.? I like the stop and start, and he's got a little wiggle.  I can see him as a weapon.  Just don't know if he has the power they like.  He's got a little Josh Jacobs in him.  

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If we're talking big backs, Ray Davis >>> Estime

Davis is 4 years older than Estime and I still disagree

EDIT - And I'm not really sure I'd consider Davis a big back. He's 5'8".

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

What do you guys think of RB Marshawn Lloyd, USC.? I like the stop and start, and he's got a little wiggle.  I can see him as a weapon.  Just don't know if he has the power they like.  He's got a little Josh Jacobs in him.  

I see what you mean with the Jacobs comp, that was my first thought watching him the first time. My concern is he bounces outside too much for my liking for a RB his size, he needs to do better running through the middle.

I like him, a decent all-round RB, just not elite at one thing imo.

• Like 1