2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

30 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. Estime turns 21 on September 6th. Davis turns 25 on November 11th.

Beating the Eagles in Brasil not a bad way to celebrate your 21st. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If we're talking big backs, Ray Davis >>> Estime

I would agree with you on this even though I have them in the same "tier".

Estime has a real nice knack for finding an alternative path when the initial hole is blocked. He does this over and over again in highlights, hits the line of scrimmage and then somehow finds a way through. He's not going to beat anyone in a foot race but runs with a nice contact balance and nice physicality.

Davis has great contact balance and clearly runs faster. Slippery sort. Useful as a receiver. His all round game is actually really good BUT....he will turn 25 in Nov.

In that same tier I also have Tyrone Tracy. I really like his tape, his overall game. His athleticism and receiving chops stand out BUT.....again he's will turn 25 in Nov.

I actually prefer these two over Estime. Their ages isn't the end of the world, can have one of them as part of our RB rotation for their 1st contract up to their age 29 season and then move on from them. It's a very short term kind of thinking which I don't think the Packers engage in unless the board does not fall their way.

It's always better to draft the younger guy. The younger RB is more likely to get a bigger 2nd contract and that means a better compensatory pick.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Davis is 4 years older than Estime and I still disagree

EDIT - And I'm not really sure I'd consider Davis a big back. He's 5'8".

I mean they're both more of that bowling ball build. The age thing is totally fair, Davis just wasn't going to be ready out of HS with his upbringing (should read about it if you haven't, inspiring stuff). I just find him way more explosive and creative, both of them have really solid contact balance but some of those holes that ND opens up with that line make for some real easy reads.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean they're both more of that bowling ball build. The age thing is totally fair, Davis just wasn't going to be ready out of HS with his upbringing (should read about it if you haven't, inspiring stuff). I just find him way more explosive and creative, both of them have really solid contact balance but some of those holes that ND opens up with that line make for some real easy reads.

I mean, Estime isn't Alex Green here. HIs footwork is ******* fantastic in tight. 

EDIT - And FWIW, I like them both plenty.

Edited by beekay414

Also, some guys just need to get into pro weight rooms and S&T programs. Kyren Williams tested like **** and 2 years later he was a game changer for the Rams. I mean, his testing was absolutely putrid. 

21 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Tracey had like 150 carries throughout his college career. The mileage is low.

Very true.  He is a converted WR.  Doesn't have the carries many others do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am pretty sure I am #4

I'm nowhere to be found. I'm somewhere between the guy who looks for specific markers and the guy who finds the fits lol. But he didn't write about the post draft guys like me and @incognito_man lmao.

Did a 5 round interactive mock draft with a few trade downs and ended up with 6 3rd round picks.

25 Troy Fautanu - OT - Washington
58. Kingsley Suamataia - OT - BYU
64. Javon Bullard - S - Georgia
83. Jaden Hicks - S - Wadhington St.
88. Jaylen Wright - RB - Tennessee
91 Brandon Dorlus - EDGE - Oregon
95. Jeremiah Trotter - LB - Clemson
97. Blake Fisher - OT - Notre Dame
99. Cam Hart - CB - Notre Dame
126 Cedric Gray - LB - North Carolina
149 Renardo Green - CB - Florida St.
169 Malik Mustapha - S - Wake Forest

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

That's honestly a shortsighted take. Gute doesn't draft with one year plans in mind. Jacobs is much better as an elusive back than a power back and Estime has the ability to supplant Dillon as RB2 and the true power back. There's no reason to think that Estime couldn't be the thunder and Jacobs the lightning.

So, you just go with 2 power guys this year and let Jacobs try to be the speed guy? I am looking to diversify the room.  I want a speed guy to go with the power guy and the all around guy.  If MLF won't scrap those outside stretch runs, at least get a back that can turn the corner.

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, you just go with 2 power guys this year and let Jacobs try to be the speed guy? I am looking to diversify the room.  I want a speed guy to go with the power guy and the all around guy.  If MLF won't scrap those outside stretch runs, at least get a back that can turn the corner.

Jacobs can be a speed guy tho. He's actually better at it than the power guy.