2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

6 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Did a 5 round interactive mock draft with a few trade downs and ended up with 6 3rd round picks.

25 Troy Fautanu - OT - Washington
58. Kingsley Suamataia - OT - BYU
64. Javon Bullard - S - Georgia
83. Jaden Hicks - S - Wadhington St.
88. Jaylen Wright - RB - Tennessee
91 Brandon Dorlus - EDGE - Oregon
95. Jeremiah Trotter - LB - Clemson
97. Blake Fisher - OT - Notre Dame
99. Cam Hart - CB - Notre Dame
126 Cedric Gray - LB - North Carolina
149 Renardo Green - CB - Florida St.
169 Malik Mustapha - S - Wake Forest

Pretty cool.

Can people tell me about Cedric Gray, I see him ranked pretty much everywhere as a mid 2nd or early 3rd rounder but on all draft sims he seems available in the 4th or even 5th round. Anyone watched his game?

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Jacobs can be a speed guy tho. He's actually better at it than the power guy.

I mean, I want a track star speed guy to be rb3.  But back to the original point, I do think Estime has a very useful skillset as a power back.  He also plays faster than his timed runs would suggest.  But I think we would be wasting a season of his rookie contract while Dillon is on the team, and I don't like doing that (we did it with Dillon too).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, I want a track star speed guy to be rb3.  But back to the original point, I do think Estime has a very useful skillset as a power back.  He also plays faster than his timed runs would suggest.  But I think we would be wasting a season of his rookie contract while Dillon is on the team, and I don't like doing that (we did it with Dillon too).

Why? Nothing about Dillon being on the team means Estime would be cemented as RB3. 

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think you are underestimating Dillon.

Me? I've been one of his few advocates ha. I'm just stating that he's on a 1 year deal and if Estime comes in and outplays him, or any rookie RB for that matter (or even Wilson), he'll get supplanted.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Me? I've been one of his few advocates ha. I'm just stating that he's on a 1 year deal and if Estime comes in and outplays him, or any rookie RB for that matter (or even Wilson), he'll get supplanted.

Early on AJD definitely has the edge with knowledge of the offense and especially pass pro. Think of him as this year’s super charged Patrick Taylor who just left for a tryout with the 9ers. If he wants to keep that edge he’ll have to ball out because I think we’re  bringing in at least one talented back at a reasonably high pick. Competition is a good thing.

Edited by Refugee

There's not a player I have a more love/hate relationship with in this draft than Austin Booker. I think I've watched the games I have on him 3-4 times now. I hate 75% of his rushes and am enamoured with 25% of them. He either makes the play or takes himself out of the play. Convinced he will go way before he should because a OLB/DL coach will tell their GM he'll flip flop those tendencies and make him dominate 75% of the time.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's not a player I have a more love/hate relationship with in this draft than Austin Booker. I think I've watched the games I have on him 3-4 times now. I hate 75% of his rushes and am enamoured with 25% of them. He either makes the play or takes himself out of the play. Convinced he will go way before he should because a OLB/DL coach will tell their GM he'll flip flop those tendencies and make him dominate 75% of the time.

Got that Bruce Irvin vibe

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Got that Bruce Irvin vibe

Mom is a college basketball player, he played in HS, you can tell. Some plays it's like he's taking the ball up court calling for an iso and slow playing it until he explodes off the dribble. Big difference is you get 24 seconds to shoot vs the QB is getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds. He's playing iso with the OT, short, choppy steps and then boom explodes in to him, but most of the time QB has the ball out. He's got a dip and run the arc, long arm and nasty spin when he gets his *** off the ball, but he doesn't.

Espn sim..

Traded 25 and 91 for 18.

Terrion arnold, dejean at 41, kris jenkins 58, cedric gray 88, oladapo 126, bortolini 169, mahogany 202, prince 219, jawhar jordan 245, logan lee 255. 

I would be so damn hyped if that happend irl

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Mom is a college basketball player, he played in HS, you can tell. Some plays it's like he's taking the ball up court calling for an iso and slow playing it until he explodes off the dribble. Big difference is you get 24 seconds to shoot vs the QB is getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds. He's playing iso with the OT, short, choppy steps and then boom explodes in to him, but most of the time QB has the ball out. He's got a dip and run the arc, long arm and nasty spin when he gets his *** off the ball, but he doesn't.

I don't think that works in the NFL unless you're Von Miller. 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I hope we draft someone from West Dakota Technical Academy so @Norm can give us the rundown

Always look forward to your scouting reports on the Dakotes

No love for Colorado School Of Mines?

• Like 1