2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Just imagine a mime good enough to make it on the field in an NFL game. Doesn't that seem terrifying as an opponent? Like wtf might be going on out here.

If I saw a guy who looked like he was stuck in a box, I might just hand him the football.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Just imagine a mime good enough to make it on the field in an NFL game. Doesn't that seem terrifying as an opponent? Like wtf might be going on out here.

Maybe why Rodgers came up with hand signals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Put him on ST when the other side is kicking a field goal and have him being blown sideways by a hurricane before the kick, or have him find an invisible wall in front of the goalposts......

8 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Tell me if this is good or bad because I think it’s awful.

He's a not a true boundary CB. I don't know why people keep talking about him like he is...

To use the Zach Tom "he's a Pro Bowl OT and HOF Center" talk, DeJean in the NFL is a serviceable boundary CB, Pro Bowl slot, and All-Pro safety (all projections of course).

11 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Texas WR Mitchell "uncoachable" because of diabetes?

No idea if this is true, but regardless, the smoke has begun for this draft.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/news-texas-wr-adonai-mitchell-gets-tagged-almost-uncoachable-nfl-scouts-amid-reports-diabetic-health-condition

Interests me, being a brittle type 1 diabetic since 1st grade.  The actual article differs from your statement, Guru.  "uncoachable", "wild horse", etc. is one issue. The diabetes is a potential second issue.  The two may intersect, of course.  If a guy won't listen or take instructions for practical stuff, that impacts management of diabetes.  Whole lot of discipline and decision-making involved in managing it and working around it.  So, perhaps being a "wild horse" may not help his blood-sugar control. 

But having blood sugar out of control may impact coachability to a degree.  If a guy's blood sugar gets way low, at an extreme level that can compromise some physical coordination, and at somewhat extreme but less extreme it impacts mental focusing, memory, decision-making, etc.  So *IF* a guy is running way low often, his ability to process and retain coaching information may be impacted. 

Usually crummy diabetes discipline leads to high blood sugar, though, not low.  Which does not compromise mental processing or decision making.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's a not a true boundary CB. I don't know why people keep talking about him like he is...

To use the Zach Tom "he's a Pro Bowl OT and HOF Center" talk, DeJean in the NFL is a serviceable boundary CB, Pro Bowl slot, and All-Pro safety (all projections of course).

Kind of like Micah Hyde?

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kind of like Micah Hyde?

Yes, great player if used properly. Really marginal if asked to do things he's not good at. Like playing Reggie White at SS probably wouldn't have worked out well.  

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kind of like Micah Hyde?

I see a faster version of Micah.  Heady, smart, for sure.  Try hard?  Absolutely.  DeJean just has more in every athletic  category, speed, acceleration, etc.

My comp for DeJean is more in the Minkah Fitz category.  Even then, I feel like Minkah was better coming out and just looked like tick better of an athlete.