2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kind of like Micah Hyde?

With better movement skills in just about every way. Hyde used his intelligence to cover for his athletic deficiencies. DeJean will use his intelligence to bolster his already upper tier athletic traits.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I see a faster version of Micah.  Heady, smart, for sure.  Try hard?  Absolutely.  DeJean just has more in every athletic  category, speed, acceleration, etc.

My comp for DeJean is more in the Minkah Fitz category.  Even then, I feel like Minkah was better coming out and just looked like tick better of an athlete.

I see more Derwin James as a prospect.

10 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Tell me if this is good or bad because I think it’s awful.

He doesn't have to hip twitch to hang with top NFL receivers as a corner.  He's a safety who can make plays that are out in front of him.  If you need him to line up at corner a few plays a game he could be fine,  but I only draft him knowing he's a safety/corner lite.  He's a good football player and athlete.  He's Iowa's second leading all time high school basketball scoring leader behind the Vikings TJ Hockenson. 

Edited by NFLGURU

All I have to say is no Wiggins and no Wilson.  Don't want either of these players.  Seen them mocked to the Pack quite frequently in the 1st round.  Absolutely the worst picks I can imagine.  I'm not that high on DeJean as others.  Put him at S where he belongs guess it could work out but at outside CB forget it.  Hope someone else burns a high pick before we are on the clock.  Backing off of Newton too.  Didn't know he had a foot injury.  No testing pass.   Don't understand these guys that do mock drafts don't they have a clue?

If the Packers pick either Wilson or Wiggins at #25 I will lose it.   Now if they are available 4th round or later I'd consider it. 

The Cooper evals are still baffling to me. I want that guy as close to the football as possible until he proves otherwise. He loses so much value sitting back there at S. CB/slot only for me, play him like Dom played Woodson, as the instincts for the pro game grow, so will his production. He covers just fine. He's not going to be mistaken for Ja or any elite cover corner, but he covers like a Cowboys CB, they value taking away the football.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The Cooper evals are still baffling to me. I want that guy as close to the football as possible until he proves otherwise. He loses so much value sitting back there at S. CB/slot only for me, play him like Dom played Woodson, as the instincts for the pro game grow, so will his production. He covers just fine. He's not going to be mistaken for Ja or any elite cover corner, but he covers like a Cowboys CB, they value taking away the football.

He won't be "sitting back there" in Hafley's scheme. With McKinney as the post/free, DeJean is your box/slot SAF who can defend the MOF - something we haven't been good at in 20 years. That's where he belongs and it's where he will thrive. Putting him on an island to cover Justin Jefferson just seems absolutely moronic to me. I agree, I want him "as close to the ball as possible" and that's not out on the boundary covering 1/4 of the field. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

All I have to say is no Wiggins and no Wilson.  Don't want either of these players.  Seen them mocked to the Pack quite frequently in the 1st round.  Absolutely the worst picks I can imagine.  I'm not that high on DeJean as others.  Put him at S where he belongs guess it could work out but at outside CB forget it.  Hope someone else burns a high pick before we are on the clock.  Backing off of Newton too.  Didn't know he had a foot injury.  No testing pass.   Don't understand these guys that do mock drafts don't they have a clue?

If the Packers pick either Wilson or Wiggins at #25 I will lose it.   Now if they are available 4th round or later I'd consider it. 

Newton's injury wasn't serious. He just performed a complete workout for teams a few days ago. He's fine. 

With you on Wilson. Frankly, I have some doubt whether he's even on the Packers board with the injury history. I really don't want him unless he fell into day 3. 

For Wiggins it's all about the weight. He's one of the best pure cover guys in the draft. Was back up to 182 for his Pro Day. If the Packers feel he can play closer to 185-190, I could see the interest because he can play. 

Don't overthink DeJean. If he's there at 25, he should be and will be the pick. He's going to be a very good football player. 

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He won't be "sitting back there" in Hafley's scheme. With McKinney as the post/free, DeJean is your box/slot SAF who can defend the MOF - something we haven't been good at in 20 years. That's where he belongs and it's where he will thrive. Putting him on an island to cover Justin Jefferson just seems absolutely moronic to me. I agree, I want him "as close to the ball as possible" and that's not out on the boundary covering 1/4 of the field. 

Agree with this.  I won't be disappointed if we take DeJean, he can have good impact for the Packers, we just have to know what we are getting.  I'm good with that.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree with this.  I won't be disappointed if we take DeJean, he can have good impact for the Packers, we just have to know what we are getting.  I'm good with that.

I have DeJean, Barton, Newton and probably McKinstry as my top 4 "safest" 1st round picks who are realistic for the Packers. Think you just plug and play those guys day 1 and you're ready to go. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I have DeJean, Barton, Newton and probably McKinstry as my top 4 "safest" 1st round picks who are realistic for the Packers. Think you just plug and play those guys day 1 and you're ready to go. 

I'm still holding out hope for Brian Thomas Jr, but I think one of those guys you mentioned are very likely to be the pick.  I'd probably lean McKinstry but that's just a guess.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Newton's injury wasn't serious. He just performed a complete workout for teams a few days ago. He's fine. 

With you on Wilson. Frankly, I have some doubt whether he's even on the Packers board with the injury history. I really don't want him unless he fell into day 3. 

For Wiggins it's all about the weight. He's one of the best pure cover guys in the draft. Was back up to 182 for his Pro Day. If the Packers feel he can play closer to 185-190, I could see the interest because he can play. 

Don't overthink DeJean. If he's there at 25, he should be and will be the pick. He's going to be a very good football player. 

Newton had a Jones fracture. Worst foot injury big DL can have. He'll be off a lot of boards.

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I look at Wiggins I see the same thing as I saw with 'Johnny Football', they just don't have the build to stay healthy in their position in the NFL. You look at the build at just say, "Nah".