2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

26 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

We’re playing interchangeable safeties. Hafley has said so. Gute said so at his presser today. Forget FS/SS. It’s just S in this scheme. Gotta do both. Keep the QB off.

Even more reason to draft DeJean if he's there. 

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Just my latest "wow" moment where I see how different the rankings can be.  Jeremiah at NFL.com is someone who I generally feel knows what he is talking about, has OT Suamataia at #121 in his top 150 prospect list released earlier today.  Seems like a lot of sites have him in the 30's or 40's, and I occasionally see him going at the end of RD1 in mocks.

With the caveat that PFF isn't the be-all, end-all, 283 offensive tackles had a better run grade than Suamataia last season.

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

With the caveat that PFF isn't the be-all, end-all, 283 offensive tackles had a better run grade than Suamataia last season.

Which, ironically, is yet another reason he might end up being a Packer. They historically have valued pass blocking rates way more than run grades. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Just my latest "wow" moment where I see how different the rankings can be.  Jeremiah at NFL.com is someone who I generally feel knows what he is talking about, has OT Suamataia at #121 in his top 150 prospect list released earlier today.  Seems like a lot of sites have him in the 30's or 40's, and I occasionally see him going at the end of RD1 in mocks.

Ideally, if the Packers did go with Sua, it would be coupled with a trade back, maybe to pick 32 or the early 2nd, so they can get another day 2 pick in the process. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

DJ has Marshawn Lloyd as RB1 too, first Ive seen of that.

Kingsley is raw as hell, but the traits and freakiness are there, just depends how you mix your tape grade and traits. His tape is on par with Guyton, he's just not as big so he doesn't get the wow factor bump.

29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Perfect, we like getting our all-pro tackles in round 4. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39983768/2024-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-rounds-257-picks-predictions-final

25- OL Graham Barton (Duke)

41- LB Edgerrin Cooper (TAMU)

58- S Cole Bishop (Utah)

88- CB Khyree Jackson (Oregon)

91- RB Jaylen Wright (Tennessee)

126- EDGE Gabe Hall (Baylor)

169- EDGE Braiden McGregor (Michigan)

202- S Kitan Oladapo (Oregon St)

219- CB M.J. Devonshire (Pitt)

245- OT Walter Rouse (OU)

255- G K.T. Leveston (Kansas St)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah Brian Thomas is the dream right now for me, but I think he goes in the teens. I think he's gonna be a star

Yeah, I think he'd take this offense to the next level.  Scary good top NFL level offense.

We also have to realize he'd most likely have to make it to 25 (unlikely), and we're asking Gute to take a WR in the first round (unlikely).   He could even pass on him at 25.

I'm hopeful but very realistic.

26 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yeah, I think he'd take this offense to the next level.  Scary good top NFL level offense.

We also have to realize he'd most likely have to make it to 25 (unlikely), and we're asking Gute to take a WR in the first round (unlikely).   He could even pass on him at 25.

I'm hopeful but very realistic.

You know I'm "in" on Hill, right?  Regardless of how much it shouldn't happen.

I was thinking, the really good thing about taking him in the first....

1) We've never taken one since Walker.  So why not take one when your WR room looked stacked top to bottom.  No one would see it coming.  The press (and us fans) would lose our minds!

2) All kidding aside...we know the talent and skill set there.  But the contract most intrigues me.  Seeing as how everyone else is round 2, contracts come earlier.  His?  5'th year option, pushes his team control out another year from even guys like Wicks/Reed.

I think one could argue it's a year early to be taking WR's....outside of round one, just due to how the contracts will come up.  But first round?  Different story.

Just something interesting that I hadn't considered before.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You know I'm "in" on Hill, right?  Regardless of how much it shouldn't happen.

I was thinking, the really good thing about taking him in the first....

1) We've never taken one since Walker.  So why not take one when your WR room looked stacked top to bottom.  No one would see it coming.  The press (and us fans) would lose our minds!

2) All kidding aside...we know the talent and skill set there.  But the contract most intrigues me.  Seeing as how everyone else is round 2, contracts come earlier.  His?  5'th year option, pushes his team control out another year from even guys like Wicks/Reed.

I think one could argue it's a year early to be taking WR's....outside of round one, just due to how the contracts will come up.  But first round?  Different story.

Just something interesting that I hadn't considered before.

That's a great point.  I think most look at our WR room and say "we're good there".  I think Thomas Jr and Watson out wide would really change how defenses have to play us and opens a lot of stuff underneath and in the running game.  Vegas, I know you're on board.  We'll see what happens.

56 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39983768/2024-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-rounds-257-picks-predictions-final

25- OL Graham Barton (Duke)

41- LB Edgerrin Cooper (TAMU)

58- S Cole Bishop (Utah)

88- CB Khyree Jackson (Oregon)

91- RB Jaylen Wright (Tennessee)

126- EDGE Gabe Hall (Baylor)

169- EDGE Braiden McGregor (Michigan)

202- S Kitan Oladapo (Oregon St)

219- CB M.J. Devonshire (Pitt)

245- OT Walter Rouse (OU)

255- G K.T. Leveston (Kansas St)

Honestly this is one of my favorite drafts so far. Hits pretty much every need on the team with multiple players. Can't really complain. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, I had 2025 pegged to add to the WRs so there are always young guys coming through. Lots of guys at one position and at a similar age and contract time, is dangerous.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Ideally, if the Packers did go with Sua, it would be coupled with a trade back, maybe to pick 32 or the early 2nd, so they can get another day 2 pick in the process. 

Would make sense that KC or BAL tries to jump ahead of BUF to get a WR they like.