2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

I would love to take a WR relatively high this season. This is the best opportunity to grab a guy in the 20s who in a typical draft would go significantly higher. Legette, McConkey, Worthy, Franklin, Pearsall, Burton, or Wilson. Only two in the late first to early third I'm not entirely sold on are AD or Coleman. 

Last simulator draft for me. I don't even know some of these guys TBH. I'm tired of all this draft talk, let's do the real thing. End of the draft, I just made sure they had a decent RAS and selected them. 

I am willing the Packers to select Chop Robinson if he's there at 25. 

25.NFL-team-logo
Chop Robinson EDGE Penn State
41.NFL-team-logo
Max Melton CB Rutgers
58.NFL-team-logo
Cole Bishop S Utah
88.NFL-team-logo
Maason Smith DT LSU
97.NFL-team-logo
Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame
trade-icon
126.NFL-team-logo
Mason McCormick OG South Dakota State
166.NFL-team-logo
Curtis Jacobs LB Penn State
trade-icon
169.NFL-team-logo
Tommy Eichenberg LB Ohio State
202.NFL-team-logo
Tip Reiman TE Illinois
205.NFL-team-logo
Tyrone Tracy Jr. RB Purdue 
trade-icon
219.NFL-team-logo
Tylan Grable OT UCF
226.NFL-team-logo
Nick Gargiulo OC South Carolina
trade-icon
245.NFL-team-logo
Ryan Watts S Texas

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Having scheme versatile players is nice, having good tackles is nicer. Bakh was a tackle, Bulaga was a tackle, Tausch and Cliffy were tackles. Though he flopped, Sherrod was a tackle.

Seems like if they take an OL early, they're fine with them being a tackle only. Day 3 guys, versatility.

This ^^^

A lot of the guards and centers the packers have drafted over the years, have played tackle, especially LT. However, the OT's have been OT's.

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Having scheme versatile players is nice, having good tackles is nicer. Bakh was a tackle, Bulaga was a tackle, Tausch and Cliffy were tackles. Though he flopped, Sherrod was a tackle.

Seems like if they take an OL early, they're fine with them being a tackle only. Day 3 guys, versatility.

Speaking of Bakh, is he done? I've not seen where he signed anywhere and doubt, he's healthy enough to do so. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Speaking of Bakh, is he done? I've not seen where he signed anywhere and doubt, he's healthy enough to do so. 

He will probably sign somewhere closer to training camp since that is his timeline to be back on the field, and he will be able to see where he can start. 

7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

He will probably sign somewhere closer to training camp since that is his timeline to be back on the field, and he will be able to see where he can start. 

If he's healthy, most of the NFL. I just don't think he's worth the risk to give any sort of decent deal to. Not sure he will go back for NFL "chump change!"

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Washington calls and offers 36 + 40 for 25 + 58. You taking it?

We probably end up with #1 S; #1 LB and best OL available with those picks. Think that might be the sweet spot of the draft there to have 36/40/41.

I like the general idea but the value seems off. Moving down 11 spots and out of the first round to move up 18 spots in the back half of round two? 

I'd probably pass on that.

ETA: from the list of recent trades I mentioned, this one could be similar.

23 for 37 and 71

The Packers and Washington could do #25 for #40 and #78. I don't know. Might not do that one either. Maybe.

Edited by ReasonablySober
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

I like the general idea but the value seems off. Moving down 11 spots and out of the first round to move up 18 spots in the back half of round two? 

I'd probably pass on that.

Yeah it would take a bit more for me too.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Even more reason to draft DeJean if he's there. 

One of the good things about DeJean, if you put him at safety he's going to be able to handle the LaPorta, Hockenson and Kmet's in the division.   Not necessarily shutting them down but he can hang with them.

2 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

I would love to take a WR relatively high this season. This is the best opportunity to grab a guy in the 20s who in a typical draft would go significantly higher. Legette, McConkey, Worthy, Franklin, Pearsall, Burton, or Wilson. Only two in the late first to early third I'm not entirely sold on are AD or Coleman. 

I'd throw Tez Walker in there as well. Sub 4.4 forty, 40"+ vert, and 11'+ broad. First WR to hit all those thresholds since Jamar Chase I believe. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We probably end up with #1 S; #1 LB and best OL available with those picks. Think that might be the sweet spot of the draft there to have 36/40/41.

Depends on who's available, but I think I'd rather stick at #25 and take the top guy on our board. At #58 you're still gonna have a shot at one of the top safeties or linebackers.

10 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I'd throw Tez Walker in there as well. Sub 4.4 forty, 40"+ vert, and 11'+ broad. First WR to hit all those thresholds since Jamar Chase I believe. 

Like him too. Think he would be higher on lists if he had been able to play from the start of the season.

2 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

Outside of the obvious top 3   My short list of WR's is

Brian Thomas Jr, Ja'Lynn Polk, Ladd McConkey, Jalen McMillan, Luke McCaffrey

Jermaine Burton would have been just behind McConkey and I think a perfect on-field WR option except for the whole situation of him smacking the girl in the head and then Saban claiming he did it because he was scared.

49 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've stated elsewhere that the best area of the draft (for me) is about 55-75, so I'd be looking at doing something different to your deal that gets more picks in that area. Move down a few spots from 25 or from 41 and get more picks in that area.