2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

56 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Washington calls and offers 36 + 40 for 25 + 58. You taking it?

We probably end up with #1 S; #1 LB and best OL available with those picks. Think that might be the sweet spot of the draft there to have 36/40/41.

Depends.

Facetime or regular call?

• Like 3

Okay, guys. I got this. I dreamed last night that Barton went 24 and GB picked DeJean at 25. Then our next pick was 51, but I don't remember who that was. 

So DeJean it is! 

5 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Okay, guys. I got this. I dreamed last night that Barton went 24 and GB picked DeJean at 25. Then our next pick was 51, but I don't remember who that was. 

So DeJean it is! 

Sounds like you had a wet dream. 

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can't be the only one who finds it amazing that the Mods just bump the same announcement every year rather than making a new thread. 

Tons of words in that paragraph.  Way less work to dig through the archives to find the old thread.

I’d be super happy with this draft. I only wish they snuck another OT somewhere in the first 4 rounds 

1.25: OL Graham Barton, Duke
2.41: LB Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M
2.58: S Cole Bishop, Utah
3.88: CB Khyree Jackson, Oregon
3.91: RB Jaylen Wright, Tennessee
4.126: DL Gabe Hall, Baylor
5.169: Edge Braiden McGregor, Michigan
6.202: S Kitan Oladapo, Oregon State
6.219: CB M.J. Devonshire, Pitt
7.245: OT Walter Rouse, Oklahoma
2.55: OL KT Leveston, Kansas State

Edited by James Lofton
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Smidgeon said:

So DeJean it is! 

Go back to sleep and dream it right next time!

5 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

I like the general idea but the value seems off. Moving down 11 spots and out of the first round to move up 18 spots in the back half of round two? 

I'd probably pass on that.

ETA: from the list of recent trades I mentioned, this one could be similar.

The Packers and Washington could do #25 for #40 and #78. I don't know. Might not do that one either. Maybe.

I use the Rich Hill chart, and it would take #36 and #67 to get #25 (and #202) if they're calling us. If we're eager to trade down then we should still get at least #40 and #67.

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I can't be the only one who finds it amazing that the Mods just bump the same announcement every year rather than making a new thread. 

It saves electrons.

And we ain't making any more of em

2024 NFL Draft Buzz: Latest league news, rumors from Monday ahead of Thursday's Round 1

Gute putting out smoke screens. Sounds like we're trading up! 

They have clearly run out of things to talk about at this point. 

"We have 11 [picks] right now," Gutekunst said. "I'd love to end up with 13, 14 or more. I would never shy away from that."

My favorite part of the article, call the Justin Fields trade a 'blockbuster deal!" LMFAO

The Steelers signed Russell Wilson and traded away former first-round pick Kenny Pickett before acquiring Justin Fields in what was one of the offseason's blockbuster deals.

Edited by Old Guy

IMG-2257.jpg

I always do two mocks the week of the draft, just to give myself a little cushion. Last year I got a single pick correct (Tucker Kraft). Please ignore the spelling “mistake” on one of those prospects’ last names, that’s an inside joke from my Packers WhatsApp group lol

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

2024 NFL Draft Buzz: Latest league news, rumors from Monday ahead of Thursday's Round 1

Gute putting out smoke screens. Sounds like we're trading up! 

They have clearly run out of things to talk about at this point. 

"We have 11 [picks] right now," Gutekunst said. "I'd love to end up with 13, 14 or more. I would never shy away from that."

My favorite part of the article, call the Justin Fields trade a 'blockbuster deal!" LMFAO

The Steelers signed Russell Wilson and traded away former first-round pick Kenny Pickett before acquiring Justin Fields in what was one of the offseason's blockbuster deals.

Jordan love on the trading block confirmed