3. Amon-Ra St. Brown

4. Michael Pittman Jr.

5. Keenan Allen

6. Stefon Diggs

7. AJ Brown

8. Puka Nacua

9. Davante Adams

10. Adam Thielen

Interestingly, the field is overwhelmingly better. 

I don't have much of a dog in this race, but I think some WRs are special and can make a huge impact on a franchise with a first round pick.

Super Bowls are such small sample sizes that they've convinced people Tom Brady is the GOAT when he's not even top 10. Terrible indicator for a wisely used pick. 

Buuuuuuut...I like consistent shots at some of those lower tiers of WRs each year. Late first through 5th rounds. As others have said, if we were picking at #32 instead of #34 we'd have had Watson in the first that year. The whole first round thing is arbitrary. Give me a midrounder each year and I'm happy. 

I think I've been rambling. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

First we needed to draft Jayden Daniels, now we need a 1st round WR...

Mmkay

Next we shouldn’t draft anybody! If they become good players then we will have to pay them!!! Can’t be havin that!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

Interestingly, the field is overwhelmingly better. 

I don't have much of a dog in this race, but I think some WRs are special and can make a huge impact on a franchise with a first round pick.

Super Bowls are such small sample sizes that they've convinced people Tom Brady is the GOAT when he's not even top 10. Terrible indicator for a wisely used pick. 

Buuuuuuut...I like consistent shots at some of those lower tiers of WRs each year. Late first through 5th rounds. As others have said, if we were picking at #32 instead of #34 we'd have had Watson in the first that year. The whole first round thing is arbitrary. Give me a midrounder each year and I'm happy. 

I think I've been rambling. 

You're taking THAT field and those 10 yards per reception guys over Aiyuk, Jefferson, Lamb, and Waddle?

2 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

You're taking THAT field and those 10 yards per reception guys over Aiyuk, Jefferson, Lamb, and Waddle?

It's not that there aren't elite 1st round WRs, name the elite non-1st round EDGE, CB, IDL, OT. They're way more rare. The best rookie WR of all time was just drafted round 5. He broke the records of another non first round WR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

First we needed to draft Jayden Daniels, now we need a 1st round WR...

Mmkay

I didn't say WR is a need. A WR isn't even on my list at #25. 

But yea, the guy I was higher on than everyone else is the odds on favorite to go #2. .

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

It's not that there aren't elite 1st round WRs, name the elite non-1st round EDGE, CB, IDL, OT. They're way more rare. The best rookie WR of all time was just drafted round 5. He broke the records of another non first round WR.

I don't consider Puka Nakua better than Randy Moss. 

It’s not worth it I shouldn’t even have started.

We’ve got 5 extremely promising receivers. Drafting one in the first round stunts the development of one.

It makes no sense.

• Like 3

For the record, here's my order of preference: 

1 - Mims - You don't usually get five star enormous upside OTs late in round one. Mims wouldn't be dissimilar than the LVN pick last season. Physical monsters lacking experience that can sit a season if need be.

2 - Murphy or Newton - Two undersized but dominant inside rushers. Would love either.

3 - Trade up - They've got the draft capital to get a premium player. I'd be hoping for Mitchell, Bowers, Arnold, Verse, or Latu. In that order.

4 - Trade out of the first - I'd see if Washington wants to move up to #25 in return for 40 and 67. Coming away with six picks between 40 and 91 would give them all the ammo they need to add depth everywhere.

5 - Stay at #25 and take one of Mims, Guyton, Dejean, Wiggins, Chop, or McKinstry. In that order.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Ignoring the "best rookie WR of all-time" comment, let's take a look at the other positions. 

EDGE: it's not that the best edge defenders at 1st round picks, it's that they're HIGH 1st round picks. The very best don't make it out of the first half of round one. Garrett, Parsons, Bosa, Mack, Hutchinson, Allen, Chubb, Clowney, Anderson Jr., Gary. It makes sense because the best athletes play defense, and the best athletes go higher. 

IDL: Same story. Lawrence, Donald, Quinnen Williams, Derrick Brown, Jalen Carter, Buckner, Vea, and Armstead were all first round picks.

That said...

CB: The best corners are found all over the place: Jaylon Johnson, Daron Bland, Charvarius Ward, Kendall Fuller, Christian Benford, Isaac Yiadom, Rasul Douglas, Michael Carter, Kenny Moore, Darious Willians, Brian Branch, Paulson Adebo, D.J. Reed, Taron Johnson, and Mike Hilton. 

All non-1st rounders.