2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

Just now, ReasonablySober said:

Ignoring the "best rookie WR of all-time" comment, let's take a look at the other positions. 

EDGE: it's not that the best edge defenders at 1st round picks, it's that they're HIGH 1st round picks. The very best don't make it out of the first half of round one. Garrett, Parsons, Bosa, Mack, Hutchinson, Allen, Chubb, Clowney, Anderson Jr., Gary. It makes sense because the best athletes play defense, and the best athletes go higher. 

IDL: Same story. Lawrence, Donald, Quinnen Williams, Derrick Brown, Jalen Carter, Buckner, Vea, and Armstead were all first round picks.

That said...

CB: The best corners are found all over the place: Jaylon Johnson, Daron Bland, Charvarius Ward, Kendall Fuller, Christian Benford, Isaac Yiadom, Rasul Douglas, Michael Carter, Kenny Moore, Darious Willians, Brian Branch, Paulson Adebo, D.J. Reed, Taron Johnson, and Mike Hilton. 

All non-1st rounders.

Information that should informing our drafting. 

If he doesn't play QB, he shouldn't be under 250lbs. 

McGinn can be a bit of a tool, but I guess his sources are still holding up.  From his "Top 100" post on GoLong.

Here is my first and only listing of how I’m projecting the first 100 players to be selected Thursday and Friday in the NFL draft.

This also will serve as my entry into The Huddle Report’s Top 100 board contest. According to THR, these scores have become the standard by which draft publications, sites and media personnel are measured.

Since first entering the contest in 2009 my board has finished first five times (2011, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2022) and tied for second twice (2010, 2020). In terms of five-year averages (2019-’23), mine ranks third with an average of 85.2.

Does this trade from Acme seem realistic?  I'd think GB would need to give up more than #91 and a 2024 RD4 to get to #16.

(TRADE) 1.16: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State

I’m convinced that the Packers are trading up in this draft. That doesn’t mean it’s up from the 25th pick, but with 11 selections the team has plenty of resources to move up and get a top-tier prospect.

By trading the 91st pick and a 2025 fourth-rounder, the Packers were able to trade with the Seahawks to get in front of what will likely be a big run on offensive line prospects.

Olu Fashanu is a top-10 prospect for me. He has the movement skills, athleticism, frame, and length to develop into a top left tackle in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is Seattle trying to move back?

They have a pretty long track record of trading down in the 1st (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)

And in most of those other years they already traded away their picks for players (Harvin, Graham, Adams)

31 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

McGinn can be a bit of a tool, but I guess his sources are still holding up.  From his "Top 100" post on GoLong.

Is he really a tool?  I would say he is more of a curmudgeon. 

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is Seattle trying to move back?

The comp on GB's side just seems light. 

Based on the first draft value chart I came across, the SEA pick (#16) has a value of 1000, while GB's 25+91+2025 RD4 comes to (720+136+38) 894.

38 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Does this trade from Acme seem realistic?  I'd think GB would need to give up more than #91 and a 2024 RD4 to get to #16.

They'd have to give up more than that.  Probably have to give up at minimum 25, and a 3rd and 4th.  More than likely they'd have to give up 25 & 91 .. maybe Seattle gives back a 4th or 5th.  Kind of depends on the Seahawks motivations.