Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

16 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Just watched the two drives by Rodgers and it reminded me why I'm happy he is not here no more. Keying in on one receiver, take Wilson out of the game and Rodgers will be screwed. Both drives he was in were going nowhere except for penalties, and the one on the scoring drive for very lame to give. Beautiful throw for the TD, he still has those magical moments but his overall play was like last year, very frustrating.

Dude should have stayed in the darkness

This is a very delicate situation. He can’t be sucking without some gawdger throws mixed in. Tease them with your fading greatness, big fella, on your way to 65%.

Alright don’t attack me, I c*m in pies. I’ve been watching Aaron Rodgers and he’s seeming over the top friendly to everyone and other teams to me. Is that him or is he playing himself up because he’s on hard knocks?

Edited by Ty21

22 hours ago, Refugee said:

This is a bold move.  A bar full of WI drinkers can run up a healthy tab.

https://www.wisn.com/article/brady-street-bar-will-cover-everyones-drinks-if-the-jets-lose/44931179

The advertising it’d get for such a move would put them on a ton of people’s radar, drumming up business potentially for the non AR L days. But they’d have to already be pretty successful to theoretically lose thousands on a Sunday, a Sunday in which they’d likely see considerably more business than usual. It certainly is bold, and a more dangerous gamble than Mattress Mack’s bet hedging where he offers all sold mattresses in a span for free if the astros win the WS, then he bets an equivalent amount on the astros to win the WS. 

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Alright don’t attack me, I c*m in pies. I’ve been watching Aaron Rodgers and he’s seeming over the top friendly to everyone and other teams to me. Is that him or is he playing himself up because he’s on hard knocks?

Watch when the games start to count. He'll be calling teammates out on the field. He wore out his welcome here. It was time for a divorce.

For his legacy, he's trying to be the perfect teammate. He gave up like 30 million (that's a guess) so they could add more players. 

It's Super Bowl or bust for him and he knows it. Anything short of a Super Bowl and it's a failure. If he wins the Super Bowl, I'm going with the NFL is rigged. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

He’s genuinely a good guy in my book. Also a perfectionist with a photographic memory and likely massive trust issues with his broken family bonds and distrust of media/pharma/the Man. I have friends like that I’m still cool with but give them space on certain BS. I think most of his teammates have liked him on and off the field. Mainly, he’s still a really talented QB so if he holds up that part of the bargain, everyone on the Jets will think he’s great. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

He’s genuinely a good guy in my book. Also a perfectionist with a photographic memory and likely massive trust issues with his broken family bonds and distrust of media/pharma/the Man. I have friends like that I’m still cool with but give them space on certain BS. I think most of his teammates have liked him on and off the field. Mainly, he’s still a really talented QB so if he holds up that part of the bargain, everyone on the Jets will think he’s great. 

Thanks for an authentic, unbiased response to him even though you guys are all burned out on him. I personally respect him and his accomplishments, but it’s sprinkled with severe hatred. Severe hatred. It is nice that I don’t have to worry about him anymore. It was clear in his final GB game it was either retirement or another team for him. 

34 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve been watching Aaron Rodgers and he’s seeming over the top friendly to everyone and other teams to me. Is that him or is he playing himself up because he’s on hard knocks?

Like most of us, it's not a simple answer. There's a well documented psychological effect that anyone who's being observed changes their behavior 

That said, it's funny how he decided to be the anti-Favre in some respects (ints, his relationship with his successor - apparently he and JLove are still tight) but still fell into the primadonna behavior trap. I think he's in the best foot forward/honeymoon phase with the NYJ.

That said, one of the reasons we (well some of us)  were frustrated with Rodgers is we felt he still had the tools but wasn't putting in the work and was theaster of the passive aggressive/plausibly deniable finger point. Nothing was EVER his fault. 

Hell probably be great and get the Jets to the div round.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

That said, one of the reasons we (well some of us)  were frustrated with Rodgers is we felt he still had the tools but wasn't putting in the work and was theaster of the passive aggressive/plausibly deniable finger point. Nothing was EVER his fault.

This ^

I was ready for him to move on when he made it all about himself and the returns on the field stopped balancing that attitude out. His current situation fits him perfectly IMO because it's all about him.  Think about it....the organization, the coaching staff, the fan base, the "dreaded media"...they're all dependent on him. He's a savior of a floundering / under performing operation. We'll see if he can change his spots on the field.

I'm glad he's gone.

“I’m glad he’s gone” can mean different things, as in many of who can say that honestly about his departure think of him with varying amounts of respect or appreciation.

For me, I say it with a grateful heart for both the memories and the timely exit. This new chapter in Packer history will be fun, like Book Three in a trilogy.

And I really didn’t want Book Two to go any longer, lest the memories be scratched out by ill feelings. I saw the little media tempest stirred up by AR telling a chirping Giants linebacker “I don’t even know who you are!” I found that this made me smile because it’s truly funny and the media noise that follows is no longer our problem. 

27 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

“I’m glad he’s gone” can mean different things, as in many of who can say that honestly about his departure think of him with varying amounts of respect or appreciation.

For me, I say it with a grateful heart for both the memories and the timely exit. This new chapter in Packer history will be fun, like Book Three in a trilogy.

And I really didn’t want Book Two to go any longer, lest the memories be scratched out by ill feelings. I saw the little media tempest stirred up by AR telling a chirping Giants linebacker “I don’t even know who you are!” I found that this made me smile because it’s truly funny and the media noise that follows is no longer our problem. 

I fully respect and appreciate what he did in GB. Still, I'm glad he's gone.

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

He's a complicated fella.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I fully respect and appreciate what he did in GB. Still, I'm glad he's gone.

Does that sentiment for all of you change if Love busts? 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Does that sentiment for all of you change if Love busts? 

Nope.  We all know that Rodgers was no longer capable of winning playoff games for us.  

He can get regular season wins, but when the chips are down, he folds.  Especially in the cold.

We were never going to have a defense good enough to carry him through those big games as he would not take anything less than a record setting deal to stay in GB.

It really was time to move on.  For both parties.