Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Nope.  We all know that Rodgers was no longer capable of winning playoff games for us.  

He can get regular season wins, but when the chips are down, he folds.  Especially in the cold.

We were never going to have a defense good enough to carry him through those big games as he would not take anything less than a record setting deal to stay in GB.

It really was time to move on.  For both parties.  

It was time to move on, but I don’t agree he couldn’t have won more playoff games here. The big one? I don’t know but it’s really hard to win a championship. I believe with our young receivers maturing, we could have gotten the offense cooking this and next year. He sees the field in ways that few QBs can see it and has the arm talent to put the ball where it needs to be, when it needs to be.

I think he has a solid twilight with the Jets as long as the Oline plays at least to a competent level. I wish him well, I just wish the GBP Weller (preferably barrel strength).

Edited by Refugee

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

We could lose every game and I wouldn't miss AR lol

My hypothetical sounds stupid since he’s almost 40 and at the tail end of his career. I’m moreso saying will you guys miss what you had in him before that you took for granted and pointed fingers at. I personally put shortcomings on the FO for not putting enough emphasis in certain areas over the years that caused you guys to field incomplete offenses, defenses, or st units, and that cost you at the end of the year. But obviously you guys would know better than me. 

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My hypothetical sounds stupid since he’s almost 40 and at the tail end of his career. I’m moreso saying will you guys miss what you had in him before that you took for granted and pointed fingers at. I personally put shortcomings on the FO for not putting enough emphasis in certain areas over the years that caused you guys to field incomplete offenses, defenses, or st units, and that cost you at the end of the year. But obviously you guys would know better than me. 

Nope. It was him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Regular season Rodgers will be missed. Playoff Rodgers, not so much. We lost a playoff game where our defense gave up 3 points. 

Have we been spoiled with 30 years of HOF quarterbacking, yes. We, as fans, also believe we have a formula with QB's. Jordan Love has all the talent in the world. There will be growing pains, but he looks completely legit. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Nope.  We all know that Rodgers was no longer capable of winning playoff games for us.  

He can get regular season wins, but when the chips are down, he folds.  Especially in the cold.

How silly. Just a crazy ignorant rant... Oh well,  haters gonna hate- sad. 

Rogers was the best QB on the field the last three playoff losses... Sorry- just the way it was.

Brady threw around ten (10!) awful passes with 3 INTs with three (3) or (4) other dropped INTs. The Bucs defense was very good, their OL was excellent and they had an abundance of weapons- Rodgers had none of that. The Packers defense was average, at best, with an all time horrendous performance by one CB, the skill players were good, but 2nd best to the Bucs. And,  the Packers' OL was just awful. 

The first 9er loss was all on the defense. A record setting performance for ineptitude. The 2nd loss was the result of the worst special team and TE performance in the history of the NFL postseason. Then there was also the awful OL play once again and Gute giving Rogers the slowest WR room in the NFL sans the injured MVS.

But ya, just blame Rodgers for all of it... Let your hate burn strong. It might keep ya warm this winter.

Edited by Donzo
SVG error

Great player who lost his motivation in Green Bay.  Looked worn and tired at times last year.  Would have gone through the motions in Green Bay again this year.  It was time, looks rejuvenated in New York and good for him.  It was the right move for both the Packers and Rodgers.  It was a good time for the franchise to turn the page.  

Edited by NFLGURU

12 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Oh I'm sure there will be some of that. I think one misnomer with me as a fan anyways, yeah I was born in 85 so I really saw only Favre and Rodgers but I also have two CFB teams so it's not like I've never experienced being ****ty or bad QB play etc. Also a Detroit Tigers fan. But there's this idea that so many GB fans have never experienced anything but "success" so when GB struggles we won't know what to do or whatever. But it's not like it's the only sports team we all follow. Little sideways there but I won't lose my mind if we suck for a while. AR wasn't going to play forever obviously like you were saying. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh I'm sure there will be some of that. I think one misnomer with me as a fan anyways, yeah I was born in 85 so I really saw only Favre and Rodgers but I also have two CFB teams so it's not like I've never experienced being ****ty or bad QB play etc. Also a Detroit Tigers fan. But there's this idea that so many GB fans have never experienced anything but "success" so when GB struggles we won't know what to do or whatever. But it's not like it's the only sports team we all follow. Little sideways there but I won't lose my mind if we suck for a while. AR wasn't going to play forever obviously like you were saying. 

As a team that traditionally builds itself only through the draft, the concept of you guys sucking for a while scares me 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm old enough to remember the 70's and 80's Packer football. Trading for 38-year-old John Hadl and giving up 1-2-3-1-2. Dude was washed when he got here. Those were some brutally difficult times to be a Packer fan. Especially living in MIchigan and the Lions were generally better than us. 

In spite of that, I turned on Favre and Rodgers when they both turned into turds who thought they were bigger than the team. I'm also old enough to be of the generation where there is no I in team. It became all about them and I can't stand that mentality in any player. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ty21 said:

As a team that traditionally builds itself only through the draft, the concept of you guys sucking for a while scares me 

This is actually not true. 

In the early years of free agency, the biggest signing was Reggie White. Lately, we've brought in the Smith Brothers to rush the passer, Adrian Amos and others. 

The reason we don't do a lot of it is because we are good at the draft. We develop more mid-round offensive linemen than any team in the league. We draft and develop more, special, WR without taking one in the first round than anybody in the league. Seldom has the cupboard been bare at WR for either Rodgers or Favre. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm old enough to remember the 70's and 80's Packer football. Trading for 38-year-old John Hadl and giving up 1-2-3-1-2. Dude was washed when he got here. Those were some brutally difficult times to be a Packer fan. Especially living in MIchigan and the Lions were generally better than us. 

In spite of that, I turned on Favre and Rodgers when they both turned into turds who thought they were bigger than the team. I'm also old enough to be of the generation where there is no I in team. It became all about them and I can't stand that mentality in any player. 

Exactly. I can appreciate what they did in their primes and acknowledge what kind of teammates they became at the end too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

will you guys miss what you had in him before that you took for granted and pointed fingers at. I personally put shortcomings on the FO for not putting enough emphasis in certain areas over the years that caused you guys to field incomplete offenses, defenses, or st units, and that cost you at the end of the year. But obviously you guys would know better than me. 

Our FO mostly did fine by him. He had solid to great WRs for the bulk of his career and was generally behind top 10ish OLs that kept him clean. He had great ds in 09,10 and 14, and it was pretty rare for our D to be out and out awful while he was here.

STs, you nailed that one. Sore spot in GB for...quite a while.

It isn't that we didn't appreciate the high level of play, it's that the national media often didn't notice some of the granular levels of dickishness that he engaged in - lording ot over young WRs, passive aggressive shots at coaching/personnel, hero ball heaves on 3rd down vs easy completions to keep the chainspvong, lack of off-season work to stay great, puckering up in playoff games, etc.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

We could lose every game this year and if I don't have to deal with the QB treating everybody not in his personal clique like they're unworthy, and glaring at receivers for every incompletion, I'll be a happy man. 

Blame on the FO has been vastly overstated in recent years. 

• Like 2