Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

This thread is the most popular and saddest on the Packers forum. You guys need to move on from the best player we've ever had that was nothing but great to Love. Hell guys like Watson still reach out to him for advice. Last year we had the worst TE group in the league and bottom 5 wr group because for Gute neglected or whiffed hard at the position for years and Adams left. We get at worst a second round pick and he helped Love be able to prove he belongs as a starter. The bitching in here makes for a hilarious read from the usual suspects, I'll give you that. You guys sure are creative with some of the negatives you conjured up. 

• Like 1

Like anything, familiarity breeds contempt. We'll miss the good times but at the moment the bad times are too fresh in the mind, from a personality and play perspective. It was time to move on for all.

I'll have one eye on Rodgers hoping he fails, It's just like when an ex can't find a man and she is hanging around all the bars desperately seeking attention. And Love will initially mask over any of his faults for just being fresh and new and for us fans a welcome relief of not having to deal with the same issues. But Love will have his issues and if Love doesn't step up in a season or two we'll be crying for Rodgers and only then realise how good we really had it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

This thread is the most popular and saddest on the Packers forum. You guys need to move on from the best player we've ever had that was nothing but great to Love. Hell guys like Watson still reach out to him for advice. Last year we had the worst TE group in the league and bottom 5 wr group because for Gute neglected or whiffed hard at the position for years and Adams left. We get at worst a second round pick and he helped Love be able to prove he belongs as a starter. The bitching in here makes for a hilarious read from the usual suspects, I'll give you that. You guys sure are creative with some of the negatives you conjured up. 

"Wahh don't say things I don't like. "

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

It was time to move on, but I don’t agree he couldn’t have won more playoff games here. The big one? I don’t know but it’s really hard to win a championship. I believe with our young receivers maturing, we could have gotten the offense cooking this and next year. He sees the field in ways that few QBs can see it and has the arm talent to put the ball where it needs to be, when it needs to be.

I think he has a solid twilight with the Jets as long as the Oline plays at least to a competent level. I wish him well, I just wish the GBP Weller (preferably barrel strength).

If he was capable of winning big games, or big playoff games, he would have beaten Frisco when the defense didn't give up a TD.

Or he would have beaten the Lions last year, once or twice.  The Lions are a nice story, but let's not pretend that their defense wasn't awful last year and Rodgers looked awful out there.

Then there is the cold factor.  He looked like Favre the last two years here, in the cold.

I have little doubt that he will put up good to great regular season stats for the Jets.  But when the chips are down, he will fail.  They may win because of their defense, but Rodgers will not be the one who wins big games for them.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

How silly. Just a crazy ignorant rant... Oh well,  haters gonna hate- sad. 

Rogers was the best QB on the field the last three playoff losses... Sorry- just the way it was.

Brady threw around ten (10!) awful passes with 3 INTs with three (3) or (4) other dropped INTs. The Bucs defense was very good, their OL was excellent and they had an abundance of weapons- Rodgers had none of that. The Packers defense was average, at best, with an all time horrendous performance by one CB, the skill players were good, but 2nd best to the Bucs. And,  the Packers' OL was just awful. 

The first 9er loss was all on the defense. A record setting performance for ineptitude. The 2nd loss was the result of the worst special team and TE performance in the history of the NFL postseason. Then there was also the awful OL play once again and Gute giving Rogers the slowest WR room in the NFL sans the injured MVS.

But ya, just blame Rodgers for all of it... Let your hate burn strong. It might keep ya warm this winter.

He couldn't beat the pathetic Lions defense once last year.

He was too proud to sit down with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

He lost a playoff game, at home, when his defense only allowed 3 points.

When you pay a QB as much as Rodgers was paid during those time periods, you expect more in big games.

Rodgers has been an excellent regular season QB for many years.  He's been "meh" at best in the playoffs and I'm counting the win and get in game last year as a playoff game.

He didn't have it anymore in GB.  

That doesn't mean he can't have it in NY.  He needed a new team and a new start.  As did GB.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Blame on the FO has been vastly overstated in recent years. 

The key word there is "overstated".  Of course the FO has some blame.  They did ignore the WR room for too long.

But, praise is also never heaped on the FO, as it rightly should be.

Look at our roster now, it is loaded with young, talented guys. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

When you pay a QB as much as Rodgers was paid during those time periods, you expect more in big games.

Rodgers has been an excellent regular season QB for many years.  He's been "meh" at best in the playoffs and I'm counting the win and get in game last year as a playoff game.

That doesn't mean he can't have it in NY.  He needed a new team and a new start.  As did GB.  

You would also hope a future HoF QB would have a ceiling that is far higher than Jimmy Garoppolo. Especially during a playoff game.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If he was capable of winning big games, or big playoff games, he would have beaten Frisco when the defense didn't give up a TD.

Or he would have beaten the Lions last year, once or twice.  The Lions are a nice story, but let's not pretend that their defense wasn't awful last year and Rodgers looked awful out there.

Then there is the cold factor.  He looked like Favre the last two years here, in the cold.

I have little doubt that he will put up good to great regular season stats for the Jets.  But when the chips are down, he will fail.  They may win because of their defense, but Rodgers will not be the one who wins big games for them.

He'll have a lot of chances early to show if he's going to help carry the team or if the defense will be the ones doing all the work. The Jets get the Bills, Cowboys, Patriots, Chiefs, Broncos, Eagles, Giants, and Chargers to start the year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Robert Tonyan was 13th in the league in receiving yards among TEs, it is absolutely mind boggling that people say things like this. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Robert Tonyan was 13th in the league in receiving yards among TEs, it is absolutely mind boggling that people say things like this. 

He's an Aaron Rodgers fanboy. His retort will be it was because of his quarterback. It's a broken record with that guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You double down with more nonsense- awful

"Pathetic Lions defense", lol... In Sep/Oct- yep... The rest of the season- nope.

"He" couldn't beat the Lions and "he" lost a playoff game with the defense allowing 3 points and you actually criticize him for playing trough injury.... This level of hatred,  spin and cherry picking of specific stats is astonishing.

I know you want to get your Rodgers' hate on for the group think. Have it. Sorry for interrupting your fun.

56 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

LOL!

Jeez-O-Petes, the nonsense you say. You really need a different hobby. You're completely clueless when it comes to football/NFL.

Tonyan was so awesome last year he was able to leverage his greatness into a 1yr $2.65M contract- what does that tell ya?

Anyway, stop making stuff up- Rashan Gary wasn't/isn't a bust, Aaron Jones isn't an average RB, Kevin King wasn't great (this one is off the charts), David Bakhtiari wasn't a center prospect and now, Tonyan wasn't 13th in the league in receiving yards among TEs.... Just stop already!