Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I think he'll come back for one more go.  It'd be brutal to have that be your final snap after his career.  I refuse to believe it

I think none of this was genuine for him and he's relieved to have escape now. I don't think his heart was ever in NY. It was never "him". 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think none of this was genuine for him and he's relieved to have escape now. I don't think his heart was ever in NY. It was never "him". 

I don’t t think relief is one of the things he’s feeling right now. The guy is a competitor, he definitely was all in on seeing if he could take another team all the way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Refugee said:

I don’t t think relief is one of the things he’s feeling right now. The guy is a competitor, he definitely was all in on seeing if he could take another team all the way. 

I'm sure he put the work in, no question about that. Just always felt like an awkward fit to me. I just don't think his heart was in it. Of course he's devastated, I'm sure he knows what this could mean for his career and nobody wants to go down like that. I'm interested to see how he handles his rehab. If he's really present for the team or kinda off doing his own thing. 

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm sure he put the work in, no question about that. Just always felt like an awkward fit to me. I just don't think his heart was in it. Of course he's devastated, I'm sure he knows what this could mean for his career and nobody wants to go down like that. I'm interested to see how he handles his rehab. If he's really present for the team or kinda off doing his own thing. 

That I wonder as well.  Will he be a coach for ZW?  Will he be locked in on the sidelines? As to the fit, Jets are seriously stacked everywhere, except of course OLine. Before ol’ man Brady went to TB, he knew that Oline was legit. I’m sure Rodgers was not as happy about NYJ but obviously felt he could make it work. I believe he was all in and probably would have had them in serious contention for the title. Now, I just feel bad for him but hope the Jets completely implode. 

Edited by Refugee

I truly believe this is the end for Rodgers.  If the Jets can't put together a playoff campaign with Zach Wilson at the helm, Douglas/Saleh aren't keeping their jobs and Rodgers isn't going to be playing in New York for a new coach next year.

I don't think you buy any more rope as a coach/GM on the hot seat just for trading for a guy that could have solved one of your major problem, I think this is a results-driven business.

Still, I'm appreciative of everything Rodgers did for the Packers and I'm glad he got us LVN and a couple of 2s on the way out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I truly believe this is the end for Rodgers.  If the Jets can't put together a playoff campaign with Zach Wilson at the helm, Douglas/Saleh aren't keeping their jobs and Rodgers isn't going to be playing in New York for a new coach next year.

I don't think you buy any more rope as a coach/GM on the hot seat just for trading for a guy that could have solved one of your major problem, I think this is a results-driven business.

Still, I'm appreciative of everything Rodgers did for the Packers and I'm glad he got us LVN and a couple of 2s on the way out.

More likely that this bought Douglas/Saleh another year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

The part that would get me would be sullying my reputation in GB for one drive. Could have just retired with the reputation of a guy who did whats best for the organization.

Which is ironic because those picks he scored us are actually better for the organization.

Imagine if we let Love walk and this happened to Rodg. 

Infinite universes with infinite realities and this one is absolutely bonkers.

• Like 1

Going out like that would give him a more favorable ending than going out refusing to do what it takes to win in the playoffs.

People would at least sympathize with him this way instead of seeing him for the selfish player concerned only about his statistics and not the team winning.

I don't get to say I Toad a So.

I was so looking forward to the Championship game featuring the Chiefs/Bengals and the Jets when it was close right until the fourth quarter when Rodgers started taking sack after sack, throwing balls at open receivers' feet, looking generally disappointed towards the sideline while Lazard was playing the whole game running wide open.

Quick injury saved Rodgers from an embarrassing year behind that offensive line. No one should get too worked up about getting a 2nd. 65% would have been a damn near miracle with that group in front of him. Making all those moves and commitments centered around Rodgers never made any sense without pouring resources into that front 5. I'm just one of many who brought this up multiple times since the deal was struck. So strange that professional NFL people couldn't see the career Rodgers made from elite O-Line play. He's rarely been behind even a mediocre line and when he has, he didn't sustain his play the way many other all-time QBs did. No QB has done more damage statistically when given more than 3 seconds to throw. Better than the 2nd best all-time by a factor of 2. And no QB has tumbled more precipitously down the list among the top 25 on plays with less than 3 seconds than Aaron Rodgers. Yes, every QB fares better with time to throw and sees a dropoff without it. But no QB among the top 25 all time statistically had a bigger difference on each side of 3 seconds. This was destined to end poorly.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open...

It's almost embarrassing being proven right by having so much indisputable proof that Rodgers doesn't throw to open receivers.

He's always tried to take that extra beat to wait for an open (by NFL standards) receiver to become wide open (by NFL standards). The upside is low INTs and bigger plays. He's made a career of it. But yeah, the downside is taking sacks, missed opportunities when a throw just had to be made, and of course what happened last night.

Edited by Mr Anonymous