Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open...

It's almost embarrassing being proven right by having so much indisputable proof that Rodgers doesn't throw to open receivers.

Tackle was cutting to give him that throw lane too. WR was open on the slant. 

110% Rodgers' fault. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

He's always tried to take that extra beat to wait for an open (by NFL standards) receiver to become wide open (by NFL standards. The upside is low INTs and bigger plays. He's made a career of it. But yeah, the downside is taking sacks, missed opportunities when a throw just had to be made, and of course what happened last night.

The Jets offensive line is their achilles heal, and when you get to be 40 holding onto the ball forever and taking sacks you can expect this to translate to a heightened risk for major injuries like this.  Its unfortunate for Rodgers and for Jets fans that this had to happen.  The excitement and anticipation on the faces of the Jets fans last night at the beginning of the game was palatable.  What a let down.  They won the game, yes.  But they must feel like they just lost their season.  That's probably not a playoff team anymore.  Expect Dallas to bring the heat next week.

I will say Bak's reaction to the injury and the field was very strong.  However in this case, I'm not sure the field was a contributing factor to his injury.  It was just the stress being put on the lower leg caused by the tackle.  That's what happens to 40 year old guys compared to 30 or 22 year old guys.

Edited by minnypackerfan

23 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Quick injury saved Rodgers from an embarrassing year behind that offensive line. No one should get too worked up about getting a 2nd. 65% would have been a damn near miracle with that group in front of him. Making all those moves and commitments centered around Rodgers never made any sense without pouring resources into that front 5. I'm just one of many who brought this up multiple times since the deal was struck. So strange that professional NFL people couldn't see the career Rodgers made from elite O-Line play. He's rarely been behind even a mediocre line and when he has, he didn't sustain his play the way many other all-time QBs did. No QB has done more damage statistically when given more than 3 seconds to throw. Better than the 2nd best all-time by a factor of 2. And no QB has tumbled more precipitously down the list among the top 25 on plays with less than 3 seconds than Aaron Rodgers. Yes, every QB fares better with time to throw and sees a dropoff without it. But no QB among the top 25 all time statistically had a bigger difference on each side of 3 seconds. This was destined to end poorly.

He went down after only like 4 hits. Even if they had the best OL in the league, he would’ve taken that 4th hit sooner or later whether it was game 1 or game 5, & they’d still be in the same position they are now. It’s just rotten luck & the perils of risking it all on a 40yr old QB. 

Rodgers should’ve done a Brady & accepted the sack rather than trying to spin out of it. Live to fight another day. 

8 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I chuckled when Troy said that Becton was expecting the ball to be out faster with his technique on that play where he tries to cut the edge rusher. It was as if Troy hasn’t called a million Aaron Rodgers games in his career. 

It's as if the Jets watched a career highlights video of Rodgers with giant smiles but completely failed to register that life with him would require high level o-line play. The very first thing to establish with their offensive line should have been that with Rodgers they needed to throw out their internal clocks and assume he was going off script. And the second thing would be determining who wasn't capable of that and replace them.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 3

I don't think anybody wanted Rodgers out of GB more than I did. I didn't want it to end like this though. Just like it was sad to see Favre's career end up, a broken QB on the sidelines, watching.

What is next for Rodgers? Not next year, next week. Does he stay with the team, mentor Wilson and stay invested? Does he head back to the darkness? 

The next steps for Rodgers are going to be interesting. Football now seems like it's in the rearview mirror. I don't see a 40-year-old QB coming back from that injury. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think anybody wanted Rodgers out of GB more than I did. I didn't want it to end like this though. Just like it was sad to see Favre's career end up, a broken QB on the sidelines, watching.

What is next for Rodgers? Not next year, next week. Does he stay with the team, mentor Wilson and stay invested? Does he head back to the darkness? 

The next steps for Rodgers are going to be interesting. Football now seems like it's in the rearview mirror. I don't see a 40-year-old QB coming back from that injury. 

Burning Man is over, so that’s not an option at least 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

It's as if the Jets watched a career highlights video of Rodgers with giant smiles but completely failed to register that life with him would require high level o-line play.

The O-line did their job on the play. Rodgers and his aversion to throwing over the middle are we he's injured. Blame the play caller, who knows about Rodgers aversion to throwing over the middle and called the play anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The O-line did their job on the play. Rodgers and his aversion to throwing over the middle are we he's injured. Blame the play caller, who knows about Rodgers aversion to throwing over the middle and called the play anyway. 

Read the edit. I'm referring to offensive lineman who can hold their blocks off schedule. Success with Rodgers depends on it. The Jets offensive line is below average in sum. It's complete folly to expect them to be next level and hold blocks longer than what the play called dictates. That play last night was not on the o-line. It just illustrates how silly the Jets plan was.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The greatest part of this injury is not having to see you two and your ridiculous Rodgers takes every week. 

Are you suggesting he's wrong about this particular play? It's pretty obvious the quick slant is open. Rodgers pulled the ball back and wouldn't pull the trigger. 

It's actually the part of him Packer fans loved and hated. When he spun out, got away and make a big play we loved him. When he didn't we were pissed he didn't take the profit in front of him. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Read the edit. I'm referring to offensive lineman who can hold their blocks off schedule. Success with Rodgers depends on it. The Jets offensive line is below average in sum. It's complete folly to expect them to be next level and hold blocks longer than what the play called dictates. That play last night was not on the o-line. It just illustrates how silly the Jets plan was.

Agree with this assessment.  If they would have also traded for Bak, this may not have happened.  Too late now.  Now Bak has one less destination to go to next year.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Are you suggesting he's wrong about this particular play? It's pretty obvious the quick slant is open. Rodgers pulled the ball back and wouldn't pull the trigger. 

It's actually the part of him Packer fans loved and hated. When he spun out, got away and make a big play we loved him. When he didn't we were pissed he didn't take the profit in front of him. 

I'm suggesting who the f... cares? Guy blew out his achilles, no reason to analyze the play any further, sucks to see his season end like that. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers Truther: Evidence, evidence, evidence, evidence, evidence, VISUAL EVIDENCE, facts, facts, facts, evidence, facts.

Rodgers Sentimentalist: Opinion. Stop.

Rodgers Truther: Evidence, evidence, evidence, evidence, evidence, VISUAL EVIDENCE, facts, facts, facts, evidence, facts. More evidence, SLOW MOTION SECOND BY SECOND PROOF OF RECEIVERS BEING OPEN FOR MULTIPLE MULTIPLE MULTIPLE SECONDS BOTH AS DESIGNED FOR QUICK HITTING PASSES AND EVEN LONG ENOUGH TO CORRECT A MISHAP WHERE THE QB DOESN'T THROW IT RIGHT AWAY AND THEY JUST KEEP RUNNING, KEEP RUNNING OPEN OPEN OPEN.

Rodgers Sentimentalist: Ahhhhhhh. He's great. There was a raccoon that ran on the field just out of view. Not one of the 60,000 people in attendance saw it, but it's the only explanation because Rodgers is flawless.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Agree with this assessment.  If they would have also traded for Bak, this may not have happened.  Too late now.  Now Bak has one less destination to go to next year.

What was Bakhtiari doing differently? Lol. The tackle did what the play told him to do. Unless Rodgers whispered in his ear, "Hey, I'm going off script and not throwing to literally anybody open. I plan on throwing this one incomplete or 70 yards, so don't do the play that literally just got called and instead wing it," it wasn't the oline's fault.