Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

What was Bakhtiari doing differently? Lol. The tackle did what the play told him to do. Unless Rodgers whispered in his ear, "Hey, I'm going off script and not throwing to literally anybody open. I plan on throwing this one incomplete or 70 yards, so don't do the play that literally just got called and instead wing it," it wasn't the oline's fault.

There's zero doubt Bakhtiari would have held that block longer. That doesn't mean the Jets LT is at fault. It just means that Rodgers was accustomed to being able to take that extra beat for the receiver to get even more open. It would have happened with 69 and friends, it wasn't going to happen often with the Jets.

• Like 1

Well, at least this forum can avoid the weekly comparisons between Love and Rodgers.

It sucks for Rodgers after he seemed to be enjoying his new team, different atmosphere. Sucks for Jets fans too, but that is football, a dangerous sport and mostly a young mans game.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

Well on the bright side we'll still have two 2nd round picks if we want to get back into the first round,  and we  can recoup our 2nd with Bakhtiari if he stays healthy and continues to play at a high level. So two 1st round picks are still in play.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm suggesting who the f... cares? Guy blew out his achilles, no reason to analyze the play any further, sucks to see his season end like that. 

Of course there's reason to analyze it. What happened is exactly what a ton of people here thought he was at increased risk for due to his play style and that OL. Pointing out how that came to be is apropos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

The Jets offensive line is their achilles heal, and when you get to be 40 holding onto the ball forever and taking sacks you can expect this to translate to a heightened risk for major injuries like this.  Its unfortunate for Rodgers and for Jets fans that this had to happen.  The excitement and anticipation on the faces of the Jets fans last night at the beginning of the game was palatable.  What a let down.  They won the game, yes.  But they must feel like they just lost their season.  That's probably not a playoff team anymore.  Expect Dallas to bring the heat next week.

I will say Bak's reaction to the injury and the field was very strong.  However in this case, I'm not sure the field was a contributing factor to his injury.  It was just the stress being put on the lower leg caused by the tackle.  That's what happens to 40 year old guys compared to 30 or 22 year old guys.

Does his foot stick in the ground rather than coming up if it's on natural grass rather than turf? 

Hard to say. 

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" is probably what the players are saying. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The greatest part of this injury is not having to see you two and your ridiculous Rodgers takes every week. 

I see we're back to the philosophy of "Don't say true things because people's feelings might get hurt." 

There was nothing ridiculous about that take. You're just assmad that I'm right. 

• Like 4