Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I see we're back to the philosophy of "Don't say true things because people's feelings might get hurt." 

There was nothing ridiculous about that take. You're just assmad that I'm right. 

The only one mad is you that there won't be 17 weeks now that you can break down Rodgers inadequacies.

Nothing you said was untrue. Think Saleh is going to dap him up this morning and say, "well if you threw that ball to Wilson, probably wouldn't be here right now?" 

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

No denying that the Jets ability to protect Rodgers has been a subject of conversation since the trade.  The Jets fan base insisted their OL was fine, and maybe even good.  It obviously isn't.   

It wasn't the Offensive Lineman's fault. He did his job. He cut the guy down and gave Rodgers the window to throw it. The man just got nervous on the trigger and pulled it down. 

If you play QB in the NFL and routinely skip your reads because you're playing hero ball, you're gonna get hit. If you're 40 years old and you're getting hit, you're gonna get hurt. 

We don't have an answer on how the Jets line would have performed. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

We're not even delving into the nastiest issue of whether or not Rodgers did himself in by unnecessarily forcing the Jets to spend at WR, including 2 of his pals, rather than pouring everything they had into improving their line.

👀

Even suggesting it is a bit F’d up. 

Guy likely is done for the season and maybe his career is over  and people are like

’maybe he shouldn’t hold the ball so long’

or

’ maybe if he advocated for another lineman instead of WRs this wouldn’t have happened ‘

It’s ridiculous 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Even suggesting it is a bit F’d up. 

Guy likely is done for the season and maybe his career is over  and people are like

’maybe he shouldn’t hold the ball so long’

or

’ maybe if he advocated for another lineman instead of WRs this wouldn’t have happened ‘

It’s ridiculous 

No it's hard reality. Aaron Rodgers of all people should have known he'd either have to change his style of play and start throwing on schedule or insist on a better line. It's actually kind of stunning he thought this would work as constructed. Perhaps I don't need much time to lament what happened to him because what occured last night was what I expected. Sorry for not grieving for him long enough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The only one mad is you that there won't be 17 weeks now that you can break down Rodgers inadequacies.

Nothing you said was untrue. Think Saleh is going to dap him up this morning and say, "well if you threw that ball to Wilson, probably wouldn't be here right now?" 

Why would his Head Coach **** on him like that? 

I don't know if you missed it though, I'm not his head coach!!! I don't have to lie to protect his feelings. 

I guarantee you though that the OL coach is telling that LT it wasn't his fault. 

As a QB, if you do stupid things. You're gonna get hit. The simple fact of the matter is, that's what happened. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

No it's hard reality. Aaron Rodgers of all people should have known he'd either have to change his style of play and start throwing on schedule or insist on a better line. It's actually kind of stunning he thought this would work as constructed. Perhaps I don't need much time to lament what happened to him because what occured last night was what I expected. Sorry for not grieving for him long enough.

Sick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Sick 

If you saw Rodgers' interview with McEnroe last night you'd see that "sick" was thinking supernatural forces and positive thoughts would wash away serious issues with the Jets plan of winning. Injecting reality is not bad behavior, it's a necessity in today's world.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why would his Head Coach **** on him like that? 

I don't know if you missed it though, I'm not his head coach!!! I don't have to lie to protect his feelings. 

I guarantee you though that the OL coach is telling that LT it wasn't his fault. 

As a QB, if you do stupid things. You're gonna get hit. The simple fact of the matter is, that's what happened. 

the simple fact is no one was open, imagine that, the QB who plays for years for us when receivers to often couldn't separate stayed upright because of great OL play couldn't without it. the problem is with OL and receivers, as usual you blame the QB when obviously his protection was terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think anybody wanted Rodgers out of GB more than I did. I didn't want it to end like this though. Just like it was sad to see Favre's career end up, a broken QB on the sidelines, watching.

What is next for Rodgers? Not next year, next week. Does he stay with the team, mentor Wilson and stay invested? Does he head back to the darkness? 

The next steps for Rodgers are going to be interesting. Football now seems like it's in the rearview mirror. I don't see a 40-year-old QB coming back from that injury. 

I think when he’s able, he’ll be back on the sidelines. 

I doubt he plays again. But you never know.