Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Have to admit I'm confused by all the attention on the turf on this one. Had nothing to do with it I didn't think 

Hard to say. Maybe his foot doesn't get stuck on natural grass. And turf is a big target for the players when it comes to these kind of injuries. Not too sure if the data really shows that though. Or if the available data was cooked by the owners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Very arguable that his foot slides out from under him on a grass surface, thus no high torque situation on his achilles. 

I've never been tackled on artificial turf so I can't speak to how different it feels in various situations, so I'm inclined to side with players' takes on this. It just surprised me to see it pop up.

Rodgers wasn't going to survive the season behind that line.  He's slow and will be even slower next year if he plays.  Great player and I hope he comes back, but they need to revamp that line or he's a sitting duck and teams are going to pin their ears back.  The first few plays told you what was in store for Rodgers this year.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Tackle cut Floyd to give Rodgers the window. The receiver was wide open on the slant and was open way earlier than this was taken. 

But Rodgers wasn't looking for it. He was looking for the seam route and Lazard who was covered on the in route. 

There's no discussion to be had here about who was responsible for him getting hit. It was on Rodgers. 

The only discussion here is whether or not we're in bad taste for talking about it. 

PlVxsNQ.jpg

I was about to post this exact screenshot but you beat me to it.  I wasn't even going to get into this discussion but some people are so full of **** I just couldn't let it slide.

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

I've never been tackled on artificial turf so I can't speak to how different it feels in various situations, so I'm inclined to side with players' takes on this. It just surprised me to see it pop up.

playing soccer on turf I dislocated my knee just doing a simple change of direction that we all do 1000 times a game.  Turf just doesn't give so you overplant anything and its bad news.  It should be banned from all sporting events or at least professional ones (you can always just wear flat shoes).  The data seems to support that more injuries happen on turf by far

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Does Aaron get hurt on that play if he plays on time and in rhythm? Yes or no answer. 

Where does it end?

Maybe if Dobbins went to TC he wouldn’t have gotten hurt. 

It’s the concept of showing some sense of humanity towards someone who suffered a major injury instead of saying ‘he brought it upon himself ‘

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Why is this so important? who cares

Because the narrative is 'bad OL'.

This shows that the OL is not to blame. It's typical Rodgers passing up his first read in search of glory.

How he's operating for the last two or more years.

Another thing that never made sense is going to the extreme of a darkness retreat for clarity and emerging without making a final decision. What's the point of isolation if you're just going to go back into a world of noise which leads you to reverse course from where you were at while in the hole. Instead of retiring as he felt was the right path, he comes out "feeling" that the Packers are ready to move on and hears how badly the Jets wanted him. From that point on he's completely blinded. Ignoring the harsh realities of playing outside of Green Bay in a place that required major changes to accommodate him and work for him.

I'm thrilled with Rodgers for the choice he made. To me, he made his decision out of spite and emotion but it netted the Packers some strong draft capital. I'll never lament not getting a 2024 first because what they did get, as opposed to retirement, was a huge gain. All the best to him, I hope he makes a full recovery. He'll get all the adulation he deserves from GB and the NFL when he enters the HOF. But he really did put himself in a situation that didn't add up because he ignored what his inner thoughts were telling him in that cave. That retreat was pointless and silly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Another thing that never made sense is going to the extreme of a darkness retreat for clarity and emerging without making a final decision. What's the point of isolation if you're just going to go back into a world of noise which leads you to reverse course from where you were at while in the hole. Instead of retiring as he felt was the right path, he comes out "feeling" that the Packers are ready to move on and hears how badly the Jets wanted him. From that point on he's completely blinded. Ignoring the harsh realities of playing outside of Green Bay in a place that required major changes to accommodate him and work for him.

I'm thrilled with Rodgers for the choice he made. To me, he made his decision out of spite and emotion but it netted the Packers some strong draft capital. I'll never lament not getting a 2024 first because what they did get, as opposed to retirement, was a huge gain. All the best to him, I hope he makes a full recovery. He'll get all the adulation he deserves from GB and the NFL when he enters the HOF. But he really did put himself in a situation that didn't add up because he ignored what his inner thoughts were telling him in that cave. That retreat was pointless and silly.

Everything about the situation felt unnatural to me through the entire process.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Where does it end?

Maybe if Dobbins went to TC he wouldn’t have gotten hurt. 

It’s the concept of showing some sense of humanity towards someone who suffered a major injury instead of saying ‘he brought it upon himself ‘

Don't deflect. If Rodgers runs that play, as designed, does he get hurt? Yes or no answer only.

And we can separate things. It absolutely sucks that he's done but we can also get to the truth behind why it happened. I don't need to just go "aww shucks" and move on. He's not hurt if he plays within the design of the offense rather than playing to his insatiable need for hero ball.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2