Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's the same type of field NFL teams use. The give is nice, but it's the traction that's the issue. We lost Doubs, Stokes and Gary last year in Detroit, after watching the film, I don't think any of them would've been injured at Lambeau. 

If there's anything that forces the owners to make a change, it's an injury at QB.

If there's anything the owners don't want to do, it's give in to the players demands.

Still guessing they won't give but this might be the best chance the players have, outside of a strike during the CBA negotiations, in forcing the owners to change.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

An actual good friend would press and say "what steps are you now taking to make sure your situation improves and this doesn't happen again?"

****ty friends send thoughts and prayers 

Yeah, time and place for that. 12 hrs after the fact is not the time or place. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Depends on the person, actually. What works for you doesn't necessarily work for the next person. I've got personal experience with stuff like that where waiting caused more harm than good. 

8 minutes ago, Striker said:

If there's anything that forces the owners to make a change, it's an injury at QB.

If there's anything the owners don't want to do, it's give in to the players demands.

Still guessing they won't give but this might be the best chance the players have, outside of a strike during the CBA negotiations, the players have to forcing the owners to change.

I was thinking this as well.  Players have been calling for the removal of turf fields for how long now?  Maybe one of the NFL's biggest stars getting hurt and basically tanking the season of one of the most tortured franchises in the league when he was supposed to be their savior and give his career one last hurrah will force them to finally make the change, especially if the New York fans raise collectively hell and the media runs with it.  Plus I'm sure Woody isn't happy after everything he went through to get Rodgers there.  Woody (and maybe the NFL as a whole) is probably also going to lose a lot of money because of this, and that might just be the spark needed.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

Rodgers didn't die! 

He's a football player/egomaniac. 

Attach whatever emotions you want, but don't tell me how I should feel about it.

Just now, incognito_man said:

While there's some truth to this in real life. This is a message board and not Aaron's inbox 

It very well could be the end of one of the greatest careers of any player in NFL history, a player who played 99.9% of the snaps for our team. Guess I expected a bit more gratitude and reflection today rather than dancing on the guys "career" grave. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

It very well could be the end of one of the greatest careers of any player in NFL history, a player who played 99.9% of the snaps for our team. Guess I expected a bit more gratitude and reflection today rather than dancing on the guys "career" grave. 

True words....but I've already expressed (and assimilated) my gratitude and appreciation...and since I'm not dancing on his grave in any way....I'm down with "It's a *****y way to end a career" (if it in fact ends his career).

Not a single person is dancing on his "career" grave. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Did Lambeau have some sort of "hybrid" grass/turf field for a while?  Do they still have that or did they go back to all grass?

It’s a hybrid in that there is a bed of sand and synthetic “net” underneath, but it’s all natural grass on top and they regrow it every year to make sure the grass is not too thick. It’s a thing of beauty really and if it can be done as far north as GB, any outdoor stadium could do it. Domes are going to need to find another remedy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I was thinking this as well.  Players have been calling for the removal of turf fields for how long now?  Maybe one of the NFL's biggest stars getting hurt and basically tanking the season of one of the most tortured franchises in the league when he was supposed to be their savior and give his career one last hurrah will force them to finally make the change, especially if the New York fans raise collectively hell and the media runs with it.  Plus I'm sure Woody isn't happy after everything he went through to get Rodgers there.

Not going to  happen across the board.  Too much money involved to maintain grass when the venues are used for multiple events and making money.  The Cardinals Stadium grass actually pulls the field out of the stadium for events.   The largest event in the stadium history wasnt the Super Bowl, NCAA tourney, or even the College Football Championship.  It was Wrestlemania.  Owners want to be able to hold these events, grass is pretty tough to maintain getting trampled on with huge crowds.  It's about money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Suggesting he caused it himself is sick. 

I don't think that is what people are saying. That play was a microcosm of what drove so many Packer fans crazy. His aversion to throwing over the middle. He had his first read on the play wide open. He wouldn't pull the trigger. Then when he pivoted to try and escape the injury happened. 

The analysis is, if he took the sure profit in front of him as designed, he doesn't get hurt.