Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Probably would've done the same in NY, but instead we'll take one play and extrapolate it like that's how he would've played all season. 

We're extrapolating an entire career, not one play lol. Was he running the same offense with the same WRs? Sure didn't look like it based on the scripted plays out of the gate. 

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Everything about the situation felt unnatural to me through the entire process.

I genuinely believe the only thing that kept Rodgers from retiring after the season was "he didn't want to share the Hall of Fame stage with Brady- he wanted to headline the class."  He just absolutely could not admit that in public.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

People point out he had his main read and should've thrown it and then point out that he's been dealing with left calf problems all camp so he should've been even more willing to play quicker ball. Somehow that equates to being livid with him and butthurt rather than astute and factual.

And Ray thinks ours is a minority opinion. He's in denial.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He literally says "Jets fans should be livid." That's absolutely moronic. 

You're moronic

It's literally a stupid take to think that Jets fans shouldn't or wouldn't be upset with him for this mindset. 

He owed that team his health. Which he ignored promptly. On an obvious designed play. 

Like what the hell do you see lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He literally says "Jets fans should be livid." That's absolutely moronic. 

How so? They can't be pissed that he took an unnecessary sack and it likely cost them their season? That ball should've been out long before that and even a rookie QB could've made that read. They have every right to be livid if they so choose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not sure that Nijman plays over Raimann or Smith for them. Then again, I'm not aware of whether they are any good or not.

Dillon, Nijman and the Jets 2 for Taylor.

I would rather we keep the Jets 2nd and offer Nijman and a 3rd. A starting quality T and 3rd for a top RB is fair value.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

How so? They can't be pissed that he took an unnecessary sack and it likely cost them their season? That ball should've been out long before that and even a rookie QB could've made that read. They have every right to be livid if they so choose.

Rashan Gary got fooled by a jet motion in Detroit, then when realizing the play was going the other way he made an abrupt cut to chase the ball and blew out his ACL. Should we be livid? He ignored his responsibility to contain! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I genuinely believe the only thing that kept Rodgers from retiring after the season was "he didn't want to share the Hall of Fame stage with Brady- he wanted to headline the class."  He just absolutely could not admit that in public.

The money too for sure. 

It was so obvious his heart was never in NY for the Jets. He went through the necessary motions to not turn complete heel, but it was so clearly surface level and fake. 

I agree he definitely had Brady on his mind, too. But I think it extended past that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang em up nor would I be surprised to see him try to make a comeback. This is another opportunity for a chip on his shoulder. 

I genuinely don't know how he responds to this, but it feels unlikely he has a future in NY.