Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Rashan Gary got fooled by a jet motion in Detroit, then when realizing the play was going the other way he made an abrupt cut to chase the ball and blew out his ACL. Should we be livid? He ignored his responsibility to contain! 

Apples to oranges and you know it lol. Be better.

You're 100% an apologist and you're delusional if you think you're not.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Rashan Gary got fooled by a jet motion in Detroit, then when realizing the play was going the other way he made an abrupt cut to chase the ball and blew out his ACL. Should we be livid? He ignored his responsibility to contain! 

I do believe you're smart enough to realize how dumb this is 

• Like 6

Just now, beekay414 said:

Apples to oranges and you know it lol. Be better.

You're 100% an apologist and you're delusional if you think you're not.

No I just think anyone bringing up that a fan should be livid at an athlete for getting injured via mistake on the field is a d-bag. I guarantee no one would be talking this way if Love had the exact same scenario in Chicago. We'd be talking about how devastating it is for the guy.

You want to be mad at the guy who breaks his hand punching a wall? Sure. Head butting the endzone wall? Go for it. 

• Like 1

How so? They can't be pissed that he took an unnecessary sack and it likely cost them their season? That ball should've been out long before that and even a rookie QB could've made that read. They have every right to be livid if they so choose.

You guys are leaning way too hard into this. Yes, Rodgers should've thrown the ball to an open Wilson. Yes, he should've been looking to get the ball out quicker. Hell, on his first pass attempt when he didn't throw right away and then nearly took a sack the first thing I thought was...this isn't going to go well, he needs to adapt.

But this stuff is straight dumb. Every QB ever has taken an unnecessary sack. Every player ever has made a poor read. Every player ever has weaknesses in their game. I can't think of a single time ever that people have gone out of their way to blame the guy whose calf popped for it and then say the fans should be mad at him. Rodgers, at minimum, deserves some blame, but you guys are acting like he made the dumbest mistake of all of time. It's silly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Never argued that the sack will go down on the tape as Rodgers fault, it will. Normal non butthurt fans won't be "livid" with him for getting hurt though, that's reserved just for the couple members of the special club we get to deal with here. 

Livid? LMFAO 

Come on dude, even you don't see livid. 

What started out as mostly dispassionate intellectual curiosity with a bit of "Told ya so" tacked on, has now changed to mockery as people like yourself clutch their pearls and pretend to be offended at what is a totally normal conversation on a sports message board. 

• Like 6

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Livid? LMFAO 

Come on dude, even you don't see livid. 

What started out as mostly dispassionate intellectual curiosity with a bit of "Told ya so" tacked on, has now changed to mockery as people like yourself clutch their pearls and pretend to be offended at what is a totally normal conversation on a sports message board. 

This was clearly a response to a singular post stating that fans "should be livid" never once did I say you or anyone specifically was. The fact that you're so passionate about not being livid about it shows what a dumb concept it was in the first place, which is all I was calling out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The money too for sure. 

It was so obvious his heart was never in NY for the Jets. He went through the necessary motions to not turn complete heel, but it was so clearly surface level and fake. 

I agree he definitely had Brady on his mind, too. But I think it extended past that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang em up nor would I be surprised to see him try to make a comeback. This is another opportunity for a chip on his shoulder. 

I genuinely don't know how he responds to this, but it feels unlikely he has a future in NY.

Yeah I don't see that at all. I think he was legit into being in New York and refreshed. To each their own, but I think this one really hurts the dude

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

No I just think anyone bringing up that a fan should be livid at an athlete for getting injured via mistake on the field is a d-bag. I guarantee no one would be talking this way if Love had the exact same scenario in Chicago. We'd be talking about how devastating it is for the guy.

You want to be mad at the guy who breaks his hand punching a wall? Sure. Head butting the endzone wall? Go for it. 

I think context matters like it always should. Love is 25 and doesn't have any true tendencies yet. Aaron is nearly 40 and has a history of extending plays and a history of calf problems. He should've been looking to adapt his play style, not further exacerbating the risk. 

It's 100% devastating for Rodgers and, again, we can separate because we're adults. Just because someone brings up one side of the topic doesn't mean they don't understand the other side of it. I don't know why it's always necessary to have to spell it out. We're always quick to assume they DON'T understand it, why do we have such a problem the other way? 

I think it's clear that an issue with Rodgers going back a few years is frustration the fans have with Rodgers preferences for "where and when to throw the ball" being somewhat inscrutable, and often more related to his personal beliefs about how things should be rather than "what was called" or "who is open."

It's also the case that football is a game where a number of players on each side mess up basically on any given play, and we just move past it to get to the next play.

It's furthermore the case that sometimes you don't get to move on to the next play because some freak accident occurs.  Human knees are remarkably poorly designed for collision sports, after all.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Seriously? 

One was a misread. 

One was a conscious decision to do something stupid and dangerous. 

• Like 2

I think context matters like it always should. Love is 25 and doesn't have any true tendencies yet. Aaron is nearly 40 and has a history of extending plays and a history of calf problems. He should've been looking to adapt his play style, not further exacerbating the risk. 

It's 100% devastating for Rodgers and, again, we can separate because we're adults. Just because someone brings up one side of the topic doesn't mean they don't understand the other side of it. I don't know why it's always necessary to have to spell it out. We're always quick to assume they DON'T understand it, why do we have such a problem the other way? 

LIS all I am in agreement that Rodgers is the majority blameholder here for the play. If his calf was a time bomb, it was going to go at some point then. Every QB is going to hold the ball too long, Love just did last week and almost cost us a FG before half. Rodgers did it and it cost him his season, for a Jet fan to direct anger at Aaron I find remarkably dumb. 

• Like 1