Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Yeah I don't see that at all. I think he was legit into being in New York and refreshed. To each their own, but I think this one really hurts the dude

He wanted to be bought in. But he wasn't genuinely. That's the vibe I got. He tried convincing himself and everyone else of it after he made the decision not to retire. But NY was NOT his first (or second, or probably even third) choice in a vacuum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think it's clear that an issue with Rodgers going back a few years is frustration the fans have with Rodgers preferences for "where and when to throw the ball" being somewhat inscrutable, and often more related to his personal beliefs about how things should be rather than "what was called" or "who is open."

It's also the case that football is a game where a number of players on each side mess up basically on any given play, and we just move past it to get to the next play.

It's furthermore the case that sometimes you don't get to move on to the next play because some freak accident occurs.  Human knees are remarkably poorly designed for collision sports, after all.

100%. His vax status is determining most of it too lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This was clearly a response to a singular post stating that fans "should be livid" never once did I say you or anyone specifically was. The fact that you're so passionate about not being livid about it shows what a dumb concept it was in the first place, which is all I was calling out. 

You didn't say myself or anyone else specifically was. . . you just very obviously referred to us in your previous post. Did you forget what you wrote????

Never argued that the sack will go down on the tape as Rodgers fault, it will. Normal non butthurt fans won't be "livid" with him for getting hurt though, that's reserved just for the couple members of the special club we get to deal with here. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

He wanted to be bought in. But he wasn't genuinely. That's the vibe I got. He tried convincing himself and everyone else of it after he made the decision not to retire. But NY was NOT his first (or second, or probably even third) choice in a vacuum.

Like I said, to each their own. I did not get anything near that vibe watching Hard Knocks or hearing him speak to the media. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

LIS all I am in agreement that Rodgers is the majority blameholder here for the play. If his calf was a time bomb, it was going to go at some point then. Every QB is going to hold the ball too long, Love just did last week and almost cost us a FG before half. Rodgers did it and it cost him his season, for a Jet fan to direct anger at Aaron I find remarkably dumb. 

I don't argue that every QB is going to hold the ball too long. Not every QB is Aaron Rodgers, who has almost quite literally made a career out of doing so, thus why the need to mention adapting his play style as he gets older and taking that read. Find it dumb all you want, there's merit in being upset at him for not throwing that football just as there was merit at the numerous times we got upset when he did the same **** here. That's beyond the injury btw.

I think part of the calculus with the Packers wanting to move on when they did (or more likely before they actually did) was the realization that every player past a certain age has their entire body made up of time bombs on different clocks.  You can live with that to a certain extent if your right tackle has to miss four games in November but will be back for the Playoff stretch, but you can't really with a quarterback.

If you look back at the history of hall of fame quarterbacks you'll notice that most of them ended their careers on a different team and also most of them ended up missing a lot of time with injuries in their last couple years.

TL/DR I am glad that Aaron Rodger is no longer my problem.

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Like I said, to each their own. I did not get anything near that vibe watching Hard Knocks or hearing him speak to the media. 

He's a GREAT liar. Very convincing. 

*Edit. And I don't mean he intentionally set out to "lie".

He wanted to be a Packer (or maybe a Niner) and he was probably upset neither options were available. So he tried to make the most of his only option. Despite not being emotionally invested (at first).

LIS, felt like an awkward fit from the start.

Edited by incognito_man

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

100%. His vax status is determining most of it too lol 

His vax status has no merit on how I feel about his play style. Every critique that I've brought up is about on the field issues. This is something that you're bringing up for your own reasons and nothing that's been brought up here.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

His vax status has no merit on how I feel about his play style. Every critique that I've brought up is about on the field issues. This is something that you're bringing up for your own reasons and nothing that's been brought up here.

Ya, I'm sure this is the first you're hearing about it around here lol

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think part of the calculus with the Packers wanting to move on when they did (or more likely before they actually did) was the realization that every player past a certain age has their entire body made up of time bombs on different clocks.  You can live with that to a certain extent if your right tackle has to miss four games in November but will be back for the Playoff stretch, but you can't really with a quarterback.

If you look back at the history of hall of fame quarterbacks you'll notice that most of them ended their careers on a different team and also most of them ended up missing a lot of time with injuries in their last couple years.

TL/DR I am glad that Aaron Rodger is no longer my problem.

I think it had more to do with him simply regressing while still wanting things to be done his way, plus his contract was huge.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't argue that every QB is going to hold the ball too long. Not every QB is Aaron Rodgers, who has almost quite literally made a career out of doing so, thus why the need to mention adapting his play style as he gets older and taking that read. Find it dumb all you want, there's merit in being upset at him for not throwing that football just as there was merit at the numerous times we got upset when he did the same **** here. That's beyond the injury btw.

Aaron Rodgers was going to live and die being an improviser, just like Brett lived and died a gunslinger. Don't trade for Rodgers if you want him to be something other than that. Mahomes is the closest thing to Rodgers we've seen, we'll see if he changes as he hits his late 30s, my guess is no. 

• Like 1

I think Rodgers was clearly regressing prior to the Love pick.  The Love pick fired him up to the point where he played consecutive MVP seasons, but that momentum ran out last season.  It was simply time for the Packers to move on, and I'm glad that Rodgers netted the Packers a lot more in terms of draft capital than if he simply retired.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Aaron Rodgers was going to live and die being an improviser, just like Brett lived and died a gunslinger. Don't trade for Rodgers if you want him to be something other than that. Mahomes is the closest thing to Rodgers we've seen, we'll see if he changes as he hits his late 30s, my guess is no. 

Improvising is fine when the play breaks down, that was what made him great. What made him infuriating was improving when the play was right there in front of him the way the coach had hoped it would be. It's the 4th play of the game, and you pass up a lay-up to shoot a half court three. 

• Like 1